• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know the Bible was not written by demons?

Jedster

Demons God,gods are all the same.

A good mantra is Rama(who is Vishnu) + Mara(Death),so saying ramamara very fast , one cannot tell the difference. All is one.
Enjoy life.

Right?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
The world is very divided and Satan has made it that way to keep people in mental and spiritual darkness. But also yes, that also means that his kingdom is falling. And we are in the last days. It is soon to vanishing away.
But as I pointed out, in terms of many other religions, which Satan would support, they are thriving. His Kingdom in that regard certainly doesn't seem to be falling.

The inspired sculptures are not like inspired expressions of demons. Everything the world's religions teach, about the Trinity, the Hellfire, the Immorality of the soul, to name a few are all clearly shown to be false in the Bible.
But, if Satan wrote the book, everything you believe would be what he wishes you to believe. All religions are also different, as only a few of them teach the Trinity and Hellfire, while the Immortal soul is common. And the falsity of those teachings are not clear in the bible, because proof of them would be that the majority of people who read the Bible would believe that they are false. If your view is true, then these teachings aren't shown to be clearly false because the only way we can determine that is is if the majority of readers agree to such.

The Bible unlike demonic expressions teaches us who God is and benefits us by showing us how to live our lives in a peacable, loving, and just manner. No inspired expression of demons do such a thing.
"Peaceable", "loving" and "just manner" are very subjective terms, so each religion had its own definition of what those means. How does one determine which religions versions are true?

Last edited:

Samael_Khan

Goosebender

I know I know, because they don’t exist.

But suppose if you believed in demons and believed that demons can impersonate the dead.

Demons could have stolen Lazuras body and impersonated him, and the same for Jesus, or Jesus Himself could even be a demon in league with other demons.

Question:

How would we determine that any book is written by a supernatural being? What would the criteria be?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

But suppose if you believed in demons and believed that demons can impersonate the dead.

Demons could have stolen Lazuras body and impersonated him, and the same for Jesus, or Jesus Himself could even be a demon in league with other demons.

. . . because demons do not exist, but we are fallible humans nonetheless everything we believe and could believe is likely in some way wrong. The stronger we believe we are right the more likely we are wrong.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Question:

How would we determine that any book is written by a supernatural being? What would the criteria be?
It’s a good question which I don’t know the answer to, I only know how to prove a book is not written by a supernatural being through critical evaluation of its claims.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It’s a good question which I don’t know the answer to, I only know how to prove a book is not written by a supernatural being through critical evaluation of its claims.

Actually I do not believe the Bible claims to be written by a supernatural being. 'Some' believers claim the Bible was 'wrtten by a supernatural being.

Last edited:

MJFlores

So if a book says to love God, and doesn’t speak about sadism or the necessity of owning slaves then it can’t be of the devil?

When a book says to love God - it is a book of praise to honor God
But that book can never be called "divinely inspired" nor will it be called Scripture

The difference between an ordinary writing from the Bible is obvious

2 Timothy 3:14-17 New International Version (NIV)
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

An ordinary book or a Satanic book can't save a soul on Judgement Day
It can make one dumb and faithless
It is totally useless in all righteousness, probably it would pass for wickedness
It will only teach lies, evil and hate

upload_2020-5-4_19-31-12.jpeg

Nothing good will come out of it.

firedragon

Veteran Member

This forum could be a demon, your chair could be an apparition, your food could be demonic, maybe everyone on earth. What about our wives, parents, ancestors, dogs, cats, butterflies, maggots, and vision itself?

What if questions like this go nowhere.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Actually I do not believe the Bible claims to be written by a supernatural being. 'Some' believers claim the Bible was 'wrtten by a supernatural being.

The different books claim to be written by people who claim to have communicated with God or are recorded history and wise words and poetry.

Many Christians believe that the book is inspired by God as according to 2 Timothy 3:16,17:

"[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

The word "inspiration" has a vague meaning. In any case it was Paul who claimed that the scriptures were inspired by God, which many believe to mean that he influenced them.

Also the OT Laws are also claimed to have been given by God.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
An ordinary book or a Satanic book can't save a soul on Judgement Day
It can make one dumb and faithless
It is totally useless in all righteousness, probably it would pass for wickedness
It will only teach lies, evil and hate

I would dispute this.

How many other books do you read apart from the Bible? If you do, of what benefit are they to you?

Text books certainly make a person clever and teaches truths about the world, otherwise we wouldn't be able to apply what they teach in life.

Since there have been books and stories that speak out against murder and lying and how to love others, there are certainly books that approve of certain righteousness in the bible.

Sp0ckrates

Are you thinking Jesus was in on the deception, or do you think he was deceived ?

So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”
When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
(John 11)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

What about the story of Buddha defying the demon Mara.

Would the same logic apply that since a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand therefore Buddha can not have been demonic?

Demons in Buddhism and Hinduism are not the same as demons in western mythology. Demons in Buddhism and Hinduism are just another class of supernatural beings. In Hinduism for example, we have rakshasas, called “demons”, but they can be very pious and friends of the gods and humans.Overwhelmingly they look just like humans or gods.

For example, Rāvana was a ”demon”, the king of Lanka, that Rāma defeated. But Rāvana’s brother Vibhiśana whom Rāma made king after Rāvana’s downfall, was an ardent devotee of Rāma. As was Trijita, a rakshasi, a demoness, who protected Sītā during her captivity and was like a mother to her.

Māra in Buddhism is of the rakshasa type of demon. Ultimately he repented of his evil ways.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The different books claim to be written by people who claim to have communicated with God or are recorded history and wise words and poetry.

Many Christians believe that the book is inspired by God as according to 2 Timothy 3:16,17:

"[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

The word "inspiration" has a vague meaning. In any case it was Paul who claimed that the scriptures were inspired by God, which many believe to mean that he influenced them.

Also the OT Laws are also claimed to have been given by God.

The Bible as is did not exist at the time this was written. It possibly referred to the Tanakh, but it is a fact that nothing in the Bible refers to the Bible we have today.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
The Bible as is did not exist at the time this was written. It possibly referred to the Tanakh, but it is a fact that nothing in the Bible refers to the Bible we have today.

Yes, that Timothy scripture was addressed to Jewish Christians, thus referring to the Tanakh. But nonetheless many Christians assumes that it refers to the entire Bible because they proof text scriptures rather than read them in context.

The book of Revelation is claimed to be revealed by Jesus Christ, who many christians believe is God and the book shows that he is at least closely linked with God, to the writer as well, which would mean that God revealed the vision directly.

A letter from Paul does elude to him receiving orders from Jesus but he doesn't directly say that what is written is inspired by God as far as I can remember.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think the Bible was written by humans with an overactive imagination.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes, that Timothy scripture was addressed to Jewish Christians, thus referring to the Tanakh. But nonetheless many Christians assumes that it refers to the entire Bible because they proof text scriptures rather than read them in context.

The book of Revelation is claimed to be revealed by Jesus Christ, who many christians believe is God and the book shows that he is at least closely linked with God, to the writer as well, which would mean that God revealed the vision directly.

A letter from Paul does elude to him receiving orders from Jesus but he doesn't directly say that what is written is inspired by God as far as I can remember.

Yes, Christians believe this in varying degrees, from inspired to a degree to literal 100% directly written by through the hand of humans, but nonetheless the writers of the New Testament did not refer to the Bible as a whole as 'written or directly inspired by God.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Are you thinking Jesus was in on the deception, or do you think he was deceived ?

Neither
So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”
When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.”
(John 11)

The Bible including the New Testament traced to the life and time of Jesus. ment were written by humans from their perspective and what they believed at the time. There are no writings that can be traced to have been written during the life of Jesus.

Etritonakin

Short answer: Because God did not allow it.

The demons (spirits which kept not their former estate) are spirits "in prison"/ restrained and doing only as God allows (after their attempted coup -the potential for which was no surprise to God). Since then, God has allowed the present influence on man of the disobedient angels for a purpose actually intended to benefit both (dependent upon individual choice, however -though God can bring us to the point of correct decision).

Counterfeits and deceptions do occur, but are both allowed and managed by the one in ultimate authority.
God's word will stand -and will bring about the end he declared from the beginning. In hindsight, even allowing deceptions will have helped us know "the real" him.

If not for an overall, righteous, governing force, everything would devolve to disarray -especially given unrighteousness.
Without regard for that which allows for proper function of that which keeps beings alive and happy, beings undermine their own existence.

God allows us the experience to understand that -but also brings all things back around to order, peace and happiness again -so we are never tempted to destroy or rebel in such a way again.

Last edited:

Sp0ckrates

Neither

The Bible including the New Testament traced to the life and time of Jesus. ment were written by humans from their perspective and what they believed at the time. There are no writings that can be traced to have been written during the life of Jesus.
Hi, and thanks for the reply! Should we discount those original autographs written soon after Jesus’ death and resurrection?