• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can Trump get away with comments like this?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Yes the video is 3 years old, but Trump has repeated it in later interviews.
Hopefully Some day America will stop Trump.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. This is the problem as I see it; most of you snowflakes out there are so use to politicians telling you what you want to hear without hurting your feelings that you just sit around waiting to find some reason to take umbrage at those you disagree with politically.

sooda

Veteran Member
True. That is what many Europeans thinking about Trump

Trump doesn't do equality among peers. He wants to dominate other men and if he can't he tries to destroy them.

Its very obvious, like writ large in neon, in his hatred for Obama.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Trump may be a gross individual, but I still don't see him losing 2020 unless the Dems decide to go for a moderate candidate who can actually pull some Trump supporters away and gain widespread independent support. A progressive candidate won't be able to cut it.
A moderate is what they offered in 2016 against a proclaimed "Drain the swamp" radical vision. Recall Bernie was the answer to that, but got pushed aside by the DNC? Trump is still radical to establishment politicians, as was a Bernie Sanders. America wanted a change, but they invited not only a wrecking ball to the system, but against better judgements someone who does not care about the law or the constitution, but is only absorbed in his pathologically narcissistic personality disorder, and has from the beginning poised himself to be a dictator, should the situation call for it, or he for the situation.

So, while in principle, yes some "moderates" sounds appealing for the reasons you say, those same "moderate" republicans did not choice someone on radical vs. moderate grounds. They choice, against everyone's own best interests, to vote party over sanity.

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member

How? The two main political parties cause this 3 ways, but the main cause is the new polling technology that allows Mr Trump to know ahead of time what percentage of people agree or disagree with him and where. Then his PR team can focus information in a way that gets him close enough to 50% of the vote. Meanwhile the other major party does the same thing, struggling to poll and to also reach 50% or better. Politicians know ahead of time when they don't have any chance to win, so they bow out. There are few landslide victories any longer. In many cases its just a matter of who can afford to poll and to target specific groups of voters.

In addition to the polling technology Mr Trump's team took advantage of surreptitiously obtained data from Facebook, which apparently gave not a crap about human privacy. Everybody has pulled their personal data from Facebook: phone numbers, addresses etc but its still not enough what with all of their tracking and number crunching and leaking of data.

Who knows what data the other big companies are selling and to whom? Should we trust them just because they claim they aren't? With so much data freely available there is no guessing in politics, no risk for most career politicians. They can get advice about which races they will win.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. This is the problem as I see it; most of you snowflakes out there are so use to politicians telling you what you want to hear without hurting your feelings that you just sit around waiting to find some reason to take umbrage at those you disagree with politically.
Lol. Not at all. I listen to what he says then thinking how incredible silly he sounds. He has no Grip of reality anymore

sooda

Veteran Member

??? Are you talking about Trump's need for flattery?

leov

Trump may be a gross individual, but I still don't see him losing 2020 unless the Dems decide to go for a moderate candidate who can actually pull some Trump supporters away and gain widespread independent support. A progressive candidate won't be able to cut it.
Market is manipulated up, many think that economy is doing great...

suncowiam

What would be interesting is keeping count of how many times racism and sexism is mentioned by dems from this point on. I imagine the rhetoric will be ramped up in the lead up to 2020. It seems the Mueller report recently took a blow as well, a Florida judge ruled an indictment is not proof which pretty much destroys about half the claims about Russian influence in the report. Mueller will be testifying soon and dems are already having fits because he has already stated his testimony is in the report, what else did they expect?

Instead of defending bad behavior with bad behavior...

Couldn't we just say that bad behavior is wrong regardless of who's political party does it?

Shad

Veteran Member
@oldbadger @Shad

Trump wasn't joking. Do you remember the televised cabinet meeting where they went round the room kissing his a$$ or his ring with childlike reverence and pledges of loyalty and gratitude?

Obama got the Nobel Peace prize for what... being elected? Yawn. Politicians brown nosing is nothing new.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

I don't like everything Trump says, but he's not nearly as big a problem as the corporate in social media with screwing with people. He's saying some stuff that's kinda jerky -- they're attempting to brainwash and deceive everyone. But, it seems no one on the left pays a lick of attention to it because they're "on our side". (No, they're not, they're on THEIR side... you're just a pawn in their game, and they'll screw you too the minute it suits them.)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I don't like everything Trump says, but he's not nearly as big a problem as the corporate in social media with screwing with people. He's saying some stuff that's kinda jerky -- they're attempting to brainwash and deceive everyone. But, it seems no one on the left pays a lick of attention to it because they're "on our side". (No, they're not, they're on THEIR side... you're just a pawn in their game, and they'll screw you too the minute it suits them.)
Well i dont care much for far right-wings like Trump. But i am not american so maybe what i say does not matter. But i am sure WW3 starts with Trump

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Well i dont care much for far right-wings like Trump. But i am not american so maybe what i say does not matter. But i am sure WW3 starts with Trump

I doubt it, if anything he's not a militarist and much more of an economist President. Trump historically has evaded direct conflict if it was possible to solve it another way, so I'd expect more of that. He's not into feeding the war industrial complex. (Esp, regarding his handling of the recent Iran fiasco.)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I doubt it, if anything he's not a militarist and much more of an economist President. Trump historically has evaded direct conflict if it was possible to solve it another way, so I'd expect more of that. He's not into feeding the war industrial complex. (Esp, regarding his handling of the recent Iran fiasco.)
Well Mr.Bolton will get Trump to start a war, already he almost made Trump attack Iran.
Luckly for the world he did not want to kill 150 people. But i do not think middle East nor north Korea will start WW3

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Well Mr.Bolton will get Trump to start a war, already he almost made Trump attack Iran.
Luckly for the world he did not want to kill 150 people. But i do not think middle East nor north Korea will start WW3

Bolton is a pit bull/war hawk, but you need some of those guys ... Our military/industrial complex loves guys like that, and they're really efficient at getting something done IF you need it. Trump isn't, but since that's the case and he makes the decisions I'm less than worried. However, I can see why Trump keeps him around just in case you need to marshal the forces and do something -- something that Bolton would do a lot more effectively than Trump.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Bolton is a pit bull/war hawk, but you need some of those guys ... Our military/industrial complex loves guys like that, and they're really efficient at getting something done IF you need it. Trump isn't, but since that's the case and he makes the decisions I'm less than worried. However, I can see why Trump keeps him around just in case you need to marshal the forces and do something -- something that Bolton would do a lot more effectively than Trump.
America would be better of staying in America with their military forces, and stop meddling in the middle east area.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
America would be better of staying in America with their military forces, and stop meddling in the middle east area.

That's exactly Trump's position, BTW. :D Everything he's been doing has been to minimize the involvement, but of course for the number of years we've been engaged there you need to plan the exit.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's exactly Trump's position, BTW. :D Everything he's been doing has been to minimize the involvement, but of course for the number of years we've been engaged there you need to plan the exit.
Yes if Trump pulls all troops home he gets a star in my book. But that's not going to happen,