• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can the Jew reject, Jesus, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
I'm glad you mentioned this. Now... when was the daily sacrifice taken away?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So you've finally read it? And you don't think that any part of the Bible presents things as being historical events? If you've read it, then I would hope you would answer "yes". But then does it present them as being true events? To this you think that it doesn't? That it makes it clear that those events described are not actual, true historical events? So what do you think? That it presents them as pure fictional events?
I really don't know what is fictional and what is historical, except for the resurrection which I do not believe is historical. What I think does not matter because I am not a Bible scholar. If you want to know if they were historical events, I suggest you read some scholarly articles or books.

The Bible might present these events as if they are historical, but that does not mean that they actually are.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
It does not MATTER who wrote those scriptures, that does not mean those reading them LATER would understand them.
There is no connection whatsoever.

I believe that opening up the book refers to the scriptures that had been sealed; thus they could not be fully understood. That is why referring to the time of the end, Daniel said: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end means that unless Jews look at how the scriptures were unsealed and explained, they will not know what they really mean.

Daniel 12
King James Version

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

I can tell you what is the 1,335th day. :) I can show you other scriptures that JESUS is worthy to open sealed scrolls and knowledge, and to reveal truth regarding prophecy to His saints.

I can give you further examples that we are in the end times when God would open Daniel and other formerly sealed books. For example, Jesus will return to a Jewish Israel, and many of the signs of Matthew 24 and other eschatons have been fulfilled since 1948 AD.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
All the Holy books of all Faiths have prophecies that are fulfilled. Prophecy appears to come and be written in a timeless vision. Thus some is applicable to precise events, some cover multipul events and some are yet to unfold and will find support in other God given Faiths.

Not sure what wou are asking. All Faiths come for salvation, if that is what you are asking. The Salvation comes in submission to the Word and Law of God, in the age it is given.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 "For everything there is a season, A time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest"

My guess is, if you excavate graves in Israel, you will find many people of all Faiths given by One God buried there.

Regards Tony

Many prominent graves in Israel, hundreds of thousands of them, line the Mount of Olives, for the Jewish people want to be close to Messiah when He appears and He resurrects. The adjacent mountain is Mount Moriah, where Jesus was crucified then arose. And in Acts, we see He will descend from Heaven--to touch the Mount of Olives first.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can tell you what is the 1,335th day. :) I can show you other scriptures that JESUS is worthy to open sealed scrolls and knowledge, and to reveal truth regarding prophecy to His saints.

I can give you further examples that we are in the end times when God would open Daniel and other formerly sealed books. For example, Jesus will return to a Jewish Israel, and many of the signs of Matthew 24 and other eschatons have been fulfilled since 1948 AD.
Many of the signs of Matthew 24 and other eschatons have been fulfilled since 1844. I believe we are living in the end times now, which were ushered in in 1844, with the coming of the Bab, followed nine years later by the Revelation of Baha'u'llah. I believe the end times mark the beginning of a whole new age which is called the Age of Fulfillment, because all the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled during this new age.

Jesus might be 'worthy' to open sealed scrolls and knowledge, and to reveal truth regarding prophecy to His saints, but Jesus never said He was going to return to earth after He ascended. He said He would be 'no more' in the world, so Jesus will not be returning to earth unless He lied or the Bible is in error. If the Bible has errors, none of the other verses are to be trusted. That is logic.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Many prominent graves in Israel, hundreds of thousands of them, line the Mount of Olives, for the Jewish people want to be close to Messiah when He appears and He resurrects. The adjacent mountain is Mount Moriah, where Jesus was crucified then arose. And in Acts, we see He will descend from Heaven--to touch the Mount of Olives first.
As far as I know Baha'u'llah never was near the Mt. of Olives or Jerusalem/Zion. Which verses do you use to show that Jesus will return to those places?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm not asking you or any Baha'i about the math. When was the daily sacrifice taken away?
The Book of Daniel originated as a set of folktales among the Jewish community in the late 4th to early 3rd centuries BCE.[6] At that time a lamb was sacrificed twice daily, morning and evening, on the altar of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem, but Antiochus IV, the king of the Greek Seleucid dynasty which then ruled Palestine, put an end to it in 167 BCE.[7][8]

Abomination of desolation - Wikipedia

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm glad you mentioned this. Now... when was the daily sacrifice taken away?

I'm not asking you or any Baha'i about the math. When was the daily sacrifice taken away?

The Book of Daniel originated as a set of folktales among the Jewish community in the late 4th to early 3rd centuries BCE.[6] At that time a lamb was sacrificed twice daily, morning and evening, on the altar of the Jewish temple in Jerusalem, but Antiochus IV, the king of the Greek Seleucid dynasty which then ruled Palestine, put an end to it in 167 BCE.[7][8]

Abomination of desolation - Wikipedia

Some Answered Questions

"..... The Book of Daniel fixes the period between the rebuilding of Jerusalem and the martyrdom of Christ at seventy weeks
21 for it is through the martyrdom of Christ that the sacrifice is ended and the altar destroyed. This prophecy thus refers to the advent of Christ.... "

Regards Tony

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Many of the signs of Matthew 24 and other eschatons have been fulfilled since 1844. I believe we are living in the end times now, which were ushered in in 1844, with the coming of the Bab, followed nine years later by the Revelation of Baha'u'llah. I believe the end times mark the beginning of a whole new age which is called the Age of Fulfillment, because all the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled during this new age.

Jesus might be 'worthy' to open sealed scrolls and knowledge, and to reveal truth regarding prophecy to His saints, but Jesus never said He was going to return to earth after He ascended. He said He would be 'no more' in the world, so Jesus will not be returning to earth unless He lied or the Bible is in error. If the Bible has errors, none of the other verses are to be trusted. That is logic.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Yet in John 14-17 Jesus is asked where He is going and describes His Return.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yet in John 14-17 Jesus is asked where He is going and describes His Return.
Jesus is not describing the Return of His body, He is describing the Return of His Spirit in another man who was another Comforter and also the Spirit of truth. That is why Jesus said "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more."

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for hedwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

The world will see another Comforter and the Spirit of truth, they will not see the same man Jesus.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Read the beginning of Acts 1 for a prime example.
Acts 1:9-11 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

I believe that the disciples were staring up into the sky as the spirit of Jesus was taken up to heaven out of their sight. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky because they wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky. Then the angels told the disciples that the same spirit of Jesus that was taken up to heaven will return just as it went to heaven, in like manner.

The verse does not say that the disciples saw a body go up. It was the Christ Spirit that ascended, not a body, which is why the angels wondered why the disciples were staring into the sky, since there was nothing to look at. That makes perfect sense since angels can see spirits.

Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of the human temple. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, Jesus in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Baha’u’llah descended in like manner, from the heaven of the will of God.

Skywalker

Jesus is not describing the Return of His body, He is describing the Return of His Spirit in another man who was another Comforter and also the Spirit of truth. That is why Jesus said "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more."

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for hedwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

The world will see another Comforter and the Spirit of truth, they will not see the same man Jesus.

The Holy Spirit is the comforter and the spirit of truth, not Jesus returning in a different body.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Holy Spirit is the comforter and the spirit of truth, not Jesus returning in a different body.
The Comforter is a Title for the man who brings the Holy Spirit
God sent the Comforter when He sent Jesus. Then later God sent another Comforter in Jesus' name.
Baha'u'llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

Skywalker

The Comforter is a Title for the man who brings the Holy Spirit
God sent the Comforter when He sent Jesus. Then later God sent another Comforter in Jesus' name.
Baha'u'llah was the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

The expression another comforter means that the comforter is not Jesus reincarnated. It's the Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the Spirit of truth. Jesus was seen with the dove, who is the Holy, during his baptism, but they are different aspects of the plurality of the Godhead.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The expression another comforter means that the comforter is not Jesus reincarnated. It's the Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the Spirit of truth. Jesus was seen with the dove, who is the Holy, during his baptism, but they are different aspects of the plurality of the Godhead.
Baha'u'llah was NOT the reincarnation of Jesus, He was the return of the Spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit.

Jesus was not the Spirit of Truth, Jesus was the Spirit of God.

“O kings of Christendom! Heard ye not the saying of Jesus, the Spirit of God, "I go away, and come again unto you"? (John 14:28). Wherefore, then, did ye fail, when He did come again unto you in the clouds of heaven, to draw nigh unto Him, that ye might behold His face, and be of them that attained His Presence? In another passage He saith: "When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth." And yet behold how, when He did bring the truth, ye refused to turn your faces towards Him, and persisted in disporting yourselves with your pastimes and fancies. (John 16:13).” The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, p. 191