1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured How can the Jew reject, Jesus, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah?

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Tony Bristow-Stagg, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Jesus is the second person in the Godhead. The concept of the Trinity existed in ancient Jewish culture,even though it wasn't in as much detail as in the New Testament. The Bible is there to make up wise unto salvation. It's not there to mention every detail there is on everything. It can't, it's a limited book. Is Jesus Christ The Angel of The Lord? – Finding Christ In The Old Testament

2. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,096
    Religion:
    Judaism
    This didn't answer the question. But thanks anyway.

3. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    Jesus died for our sins, not God the Father or the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the Son of God is a reference to His Sonship in the Trinity.

4. dybmh

dybmh Terminal Optimist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,096
    Religion:
    Judaism
    OK.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, what you're saying is:

"I believe that [Jesus had] to die for the sins of the world, because the price had to be [paid]. I believe that [Jesus] died for every single person. Without [Jesus] dying for our sins, [Jesus] taking our place would have no meaning."​

??

5. Skywalker

Ratings:
    +338
    Religion:
    Christian
    If Jesus didn't suffer on the cross, what he did wouldn't have had any meaning. For Jesus to take our place, a price for our sin had to paid. Jesus died for our sins because he didn't want us to have to make the payment.

6. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg One Planet One People Please
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    This can also be seen in the Message given by the Bab, the life of Jesus and the Bab are remarkable in simular events, except the Bab was persecuted for 6 years, not 3 years prior to being sentenced and put to death.

The Bab sacrafice was so that Humanity may recognise the "One whom God would make Maifest."

The salvation of humanity is now a global consciousness and it is our oneness that redemption now resides. The Oneness of God is also confirmed.

Personal salvation is not possible without global vision and action.

Regards Tony

7. IndigoChild5559

IndigoChild5559 Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Ratings:
    +2,666
    Religion:
    Judaism
    But it didn't finish with the Baha'i'ullah, therefore he isn't the messiah.

[/quote]Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Baha'u'llah said that Temple is the Self of God.[/quote]But that's not the temple spoken of by the Jewish prophets, therefore he is not the messiah.

and on and on...

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg One Planet One People Please
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,757
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Baha'u'llah said that Temple is the Self of God.[/quote]But that's not the temple spoken of by the Jewish prophets, therefore he is not the messiah.

and on and on...[/QUOTE]

That's great, that is what Faith is all about.

I hope you are well and happy and may your life be full of meaning founded in G_d's purpose for all humanity.

Regards Tony