• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Holocaust deniers!!!

What is the impression you get when you first hear or read that someone is a holocaust denier?

• Someone is claiming that the Nazis didn't kill ANY Jew?

Votes: 40 54.1%
  • is questioning the number of people who been killed?

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • denying the existence or the methods used in gas chambers?

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • claiming that a deliberate campaign to exterminate the Jewish people never occurred?

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • all the above

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • others?

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the impression you get when you first hear or read that someone is a holocaust denier?

That someone is ...

1- claiming that the Nazis didn't kill ANY Jew?

2- merely *questioning* the number of people who been killed?

3- denying the existence or the methods used in gas chambers?

4- claiming that a deliberate campaign to exterminate the Jewish people never occurred?

5- all the above.

6- others?

That someone is ...

4- claiming that a deliberate campaign to exterminate the Jewish people never occurred?

5- all the above.

6- others?

All of the above and more.

Sounds like you are intimately familiar with Holocaust deniers or the subject thereof.

Interesting.......:sad:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I think they're way off their rockers. It's like me just saying "Nope! The Vietnam War never happened." Uhhh, guess what? I can say it all I want. It ain't true.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All of the above and more.

Sounds like you are intimately familiar with Holocaust deniers or the subject thereof.

Interesting.......:sad:

I firstly brought up the issue here:

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...5743-roman-catholics-wrong-2.html#post1418060

I really want to know, because my information about this topic is limited to what i have read in RF and some other sites. I have not visited any museum nor have met in person some survivors, so i want to learn exactly what does it mean to be a holocaust denier.

Note that, in the poll, you can choose more than one answer.

Last edited:

challupa

That someone is ...

5- all the above.

6- others?
My first knee jerk response to it would probably be "What, they don't believe the holocaust happened? How could anyone deny that?" However I do realize that some are just questioning some of the claims, not that it happened.

Having known two holocaust survivors, I can't understand how anyone wouldn't believe it happened. One of them was so emancipated during the experience that he never did actually look much more than skin and bones during the rest of his life. He had alot of health problems and was very quiet and withdrawn. I got the impression he didn't trust the world much. Can't say I blame him, because he was a young man when it happened to him. The other was a Polish lady. She faired a bit better but the stories she had to tell were horrifying. I knew them when I was younger and they are both dead now.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Having known two holocaust survivors, I can't understand how anyone wouldn't believe it happened. One of them was so emancipated during the experience that he never did actually look much more than skin and bones during the rest of his life.
I doubt he was emancipated during the Holocaust. I think you mean emaciated.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
It wasn't just the jews though, was it?

I think anyone denying the holocaust happened either really doesn't know and for some reason hasn't seen all of the photographs from it or is just denying it because they want to be difficult.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It wasn't just the jews though, was it?
No, it wasn't. The Roma (a.k.a. Gypsies) were killed in roughly equal proportion to the Jews (i.e. they were rounded up and killed at about the same rate as the Jews, but because of their smaller numbers to begin with, fewer died). It's somewhat harder to quantify how many Roma died in Nazi concentration camps, but I've seen estimates that range from 200,000 to 500,000.

The Nazis also executed the disabled, homosexuals, Communists, and dissenters.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'd give the person an ear...for awhile. My lasting impressions of the person would be found out quickly enough I suppose.

What exactly are you trying to find out with your question? :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd give the person an ear...for awhile. My lasting impressions of the person would be found out quickly enough I suppose.

What exactly are you trying to find out with your question? :)

Me and Penguin just disagreed in his thread on what people first impression might be when they hear that someone is a holocaust denier. Is it that this person might be denying that Jews were killed at all by the Nazis at camps for instance, or that person think as Penguin put it, that a deliberate campaign to exterminate the Jewish people never occurred.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Me and Penguin just disagreed in his thread on what people first impression might be when they hear that someone is a holocaust denier. Is it that this person might be denying that Jews were killed by the Nazis at camps for instance, or that as he put it, that a deliberate campaign to exterminate the Jewish people never occurred.
Ok, thanks. I think a Holocaust denier can hold many different views regarding the issue. As I said, I'd have to give them a listen first.

Sorry I don't have more to offer.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Frankly, when I hear someone denies the holocaust I tend to assume they are a very poorly educated and not always rational. I sometimes go on to wonder whether they also believe that the US never landed men on the moon, that evolution has never happened, that all Muslims are terrorists, that the Illuminati control the world, and that the Pyramids were built by aliens.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's my impression as well, Sunstone. The holocaust is one of the best documented events in human history, plus it's still within the living memory of thousands of witnesses.You need to be remarkably obtuse to dismiss it as fabulous.
Yet I'll bet most of these dolts are quick to assert the absolute veracity of whatever religion they espouse, despite paltry real evidence supporting it.

challupa

Frankly, when I hear someone denies the holocaust I tend to assume they are a very poorly educated and not always rational. I sometimes go on to wonder whether they also believe that the US never landed men on the moon, that evolution has never happened, that all Muslims are terrorists, that the Illuminati control the world, and that the Pyramids were built by aliens.
Now those would be a whole different thread!!! Why do you believe the Illuminati control the world or Were the pyramids built by aliens? Wonder what kind of responses we'd get to those threads.

I think some people just like conspiracy theories plain and simple because they have more drama to them then real life for the most part.

challupa

:areyoucra: Are you kidding? all of the documents were faked... it was all a press stunt to get sympathy for that evil Communism. Or maybe just some of the wars aspects were faked, you know... not that many innocent civilians were killed.
Also: Great Satan never landed in the moon... all the evidence was faked too.

~:sarcastic
Well damn! My son is crawling through the Viet Cong tunnels as we speak and it didn't even happen!!!?? I'll have to let him know he's not really experiencing what he's doing right now.:slap:

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I think they're way off their rockers. It's like me just saying "Nope! The Vietnam War never happened." Uhhh, guess what? I can say it all I want. It ain't true.
:areyoucra: Are you kidding? all of the documents were faked... it was all a press stunt to get sympathy for that evil Communism. Or maybe just some of the wars aspects were faked, you know... not that many innocent civilians were killed.
Also: Great Satan never landed in the moon... all the evidence was faked too.
~:sarcastic <<<<<<<<<<<<<