• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historic heat wave forecast to hit the Pacific Northwest!

Viker

Häxan
I've actually been on a few Bigfoot hunts. Go with people who are fun, and bring some good beer. It's a good time. :D
We have squatch hunts here. It's really just an excuse for rednecks to get together, have fun, get drunk and tell campfire stories. :p

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
We have squatch hunts here. It's really just an excuse for rednecks to get together, have fun, get drunk and tell campfire stories. :p

You say that like it's not some kind of legitimate, academic, or scientific endeavor. Next you'll be telling me that ghost hunting is also just an excuse to get together, have fun, get drunk and tell ghost stories. :D

Viker

Häxan
You say that like it's not some kind of legitimate, academic, or scientific endeavor. Next you'll be telling me that ghost hunting is also just an excuse to get together, have fun, get drunk and tell ghost stories. :D
Hey. Any excuse will do it for a redneck.:D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
oh my, that’s crazy trailblazer

way too hot for that area

we just concluded a week of 115-120

we’re now in a cool spell 101 today, warmer until Sunday when it gets to 109

i have had persian cats, and they handle temperature extremes a lot better than we do

but I understand the concern, because we cat people love our kitties
Now that's really hot! ~ You must live in Arizona or California. I used to live in Redding, CA and it got really hot there all summer, but we lived in an air conditioned apartment. Most people don't have AC up here unless they have a heat pump.

Thanks, that is good to know about the cats. I will definitely be keeping my eye on them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Speaking of NW folks being the best complainers, I can't tell you how many times I hear people talking about how they want the Sonics to come back...
It was a bit of a raw deal. They were for all practical purposes "stolen" from us. When we had the opportunity to pull the same sort of action with other teams the NBA blocked us.

The sad thing is that the Seattle city council is extremely liberal and cannot see the value of a sports team. If we do get another sports team, and there is more than enough money to start an expansion team. it will not be in Seattle. They will still have the name "Super Sonics" but they almost certainly will not be in Seattle. I have an in and have gone to various games for free. That still exists. Maybe I should push for an Everett location.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now that's really hot! ~ You must live in Arizona or California. I used to live in Redding, CA and it got really hot there all summer, but we lived in an air conditioned apartment. Most people don't have AC up here unless they have a heat pump.

Thanks, that is good to know about the cats. I will definitely be keeping my eye on them.
I have a ceiling fan in my bedroom and that is almost always good enough. I have a feeling that it might not be on Monday.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
It was a bit of a raw deal. They were for all practical purposes "stolen" from us. When we had the opportunity to pull the same sort of action with other teams the NBA blocked us.

The sad thing is that the Seattle city council is extremely liberal and cannot see the value of a sports team. If we do get another sports team, and there is more than enough money to start an expansion team. it will not be in Seattle. They will still have the name "Super Sonics" but they almost certainly will not be in Seattle. I have an in and have gone to various games for free. That still exists. Maybe I should push for an Everett location.

Hell - put the new arena in Silverdale. They get tax breaks there. That's why all the other businesses moved there in Kitsap.

Bear Wild

I hate hot weather! This weekend it is supposed to be 108 degrees where I live in the south Puget Sound area, and this heat wave is supposed to last for at least three days. The long range forecast looks like it will remain hot, but not this hot. I am really worried about how hot it is going to get this weekend. I am not worried for myself because I can take the heat even though I don't like it; I am worried about my seven Persian cats getting too hot. We have one bedroom that has a window air conditioner but it is very small, too small to cool off that big room which has vaulted ceilings. This is upstairs. We also have a downstairs that has almost as many sq ft as the upstairs but we never go down there anymore. It is much cooler down there but it is a long and very sad story why we never go down there anymore. :(:cry: Needless to say, I do not want to take all the cats down there unless I absolutely have to, if the upstairs gets too hot.

You live in a beautiful place. And I agree I do not like heat and look where I live - Texas. But 108 is not unheard of for us but I an imagine it would be bad for where you live. Hope it gets cooler soon.

Oh and Mufasa says they are welcome to come and chill at his house.
upload_2021-6-24_23-1-24.jpeg

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You live in a beautiful place. And I agree I do not like heat and look where I live - Texas. But 108 is not unheard of for us but I an imagine it would be bad for where you live. Hope it gets cooler soon.

Oh and Mufasa says they are welcome to come and chill at his house.
View attachment 51880
Thanks... I only wish. ;)
He looks awfully comfy in that chair. My poor cats don't even know what's coming. :eek:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I hate hot weather! This weekend it is supposed to be 108 degrees where I live in the south Puget Sound area,.............

Right, so that's where all our mid-summer warmth has gone! Your fault!
On mid-summer's day in Kent, England I needed to put the jeep's heater on to warm my cold fingers!

Don't worry about your vaulted ceilings because any cool air will stay low and push warmer air upwards away from you.
I know Persian cats are supposed to have long hair but you could consider clipping them shorter in a heat wave. We always clipped back our two persians (Merlin and Bashe) before hot weather.
Have a go at your basement....... it's great fun to have a chucking out session, I think. :D