• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historic heat wave forecast to hit the Pacific Northwest!

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
@ Subduction Zone
I guess the animals are smarter than humans because I have not seen hide nor hair if the squirrels, chipmunks or raccoons who are my regular customers on my large back deck where they dine on all the food and water I put out. I have only seen a couple of birds, nowhere near the usual number... I just stuck my head out the front door and that bird feeder is still full so I guess those customers have also run for cover. Where do animals go when it gets this hot? How do they survive? Only God knows. :rolleyes:

The good news is that all the cats seem to be doing okay so far but the indoor temp is only 78, so far. Unfortunately I do not expect that to continue into the weekend! :(
Sorry to hear that. No air conditioning at a place you don't expect temperatures this high is a bummer. That's global warming for you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry to hear that. No air conditioning at a place you don't expect temperatures this high is a bummer. That's global warming for you.
We have one small room air conditioner but I don't think it will help that much, since it never did when we had lesser heat waves in the past. Then again we did not have all the tree cover back then as we do now so maybe we will survive. I am not worried about me or Lewis getting too hot, I am worried about the cats.... as usual cats Trump humans.

As I recall, you have air conditioner in your condo, you need one where you live.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Like I said else where, depending on the online weather service the temperature on Monday will by 108 or 99, and likewise the other two days.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Like I said else where, depending on the online weather service the temperature on Monday will by 108 or 99, and likewise the other two days.
Here is the 10 day forecast for East Olympia, WA from the Weather Channel. Read it and weep. :coldsweat:

upload_2021-6-25_23-24-54.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wow:eek:. Okay you have it worse than we do. Two days of outrageous heat. Our Sunday forecast went down four degrees to 95 and our Monday one is down to 102. Oh wait! That varies a bit. This site says it is going to be a bit worse than that for us:

https://www.accuweather.com

LOL! Tomorrow it is supposed to be hot at 91 but Tuesday it will only be very warm and 91. Whew! That's a relief.:D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Wow:eek:. Okay you have it worse than we do. Two days of outrageous heat. Our Sunday forecast went down four degrees to 95 and our Monday one is down to 102. Oh wait! That varies a bit. This site says it is going to be a bit worse than that for us:

https://www.accuweather.com

LOL! Tomorrow it is supposed to be hot at 91 but Tuesday it will only be very warm and 91. Whew! That's a relief.:D
The latest weekend forecast from The Weather Channel for East Olympia is high of 99 today and high of 105 tomorrow., but the 10 day Weather Channel forecast is different; it says 108 tomorrow, 111 in Monday and a cool :cool: 88 on Tuesday.

We opened everything up last night and blew the cool air in and closed all the windows at 6am and turned on the AC in the bedroom and closed that door. It is 95 outside right now and only 78 in the house. Although it is a bit cooler in the bedroom with the AC, not much, because that AC unit is not sized for that room. I would have bought a larger unit years ago when I got that one but that was the only one that would fit in the window.

Given I like to be prepared, this morning I tested my laptop to see if I could get WiFi in the bedroom and after I found out it works I moved my setup for my work computer into the bedroom, just in case I needed to work in there, but I am still working on my personal laptop in the computer room with the fan blowing in me since it is not that hot.... yet.

The way I know it is too hot is when I start being unable to think clearly to write any 'serious' posts, at which time it will be time to head for the bedroom and take all the cats in there. So far the cats seem fine, acting as they always do, but everything is set up for them in the bedroom, food, water and extra litter boxes. I never take any chances with the cats.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The latest weekend forecast from The Weather Channel for East Olympia is high of 99 today and high of 105 tomorrow., but the 10 day Weather Channel forecast is different; it says 108 tomorrow, 111 in Monday and a cool :cool: 88 on Tuesday.

We opened everything up last night and blew the cool air in and closed all the windows at 6am and turned on the AC in the bedroom and closed that door. It is 95 outside right now and only 78 in the house. Although it is a bit cooler in the bedroom with the AC, not much, because that AC unit is not sized for that room. I would have bought a larger unit years ago when I got that one but that was the only one that would fit in the window.

Given I like to be prepared, this morning I tested my laptop to see if I could get WiFi in the bedroom and after I found out it works I moved my setup for my work computer into the bedroom, just in case I needed to work in there, but I am still working on my personal laptop in the computer room with the fan blowing in me since it is not that hot.... yet.

The way I know it is too hot is when I start being unable to think clearly to write any 'serious' posts, at which time it will be time to head for the bedroom and take all the cats in there. So far the cats seem fine, acting as they always do, but everything is set up for them in the bedroom, food, water and extra litter boxes. I never take any chances with the cats.
92 hear right now. And that is probably it for today. You must be a bit more inland at Olympia. Everett is right on the sound and that keeps us a little bit cooler.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
92 hear right now. And that is probably it for today. You must be a bit more inland at Olympia. Everett is right on the sound and that keeps us a little bit cooler.
Olympia is at the bottom top of the Puget Sound and it is generally a little cooler than where I live at because I am southeast of Olympia. It is 97 in Olympia right now and 99 here. The further inland you go the hotter it gets. It is 101 in Yelm.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
97 here right now. It might not quite break 100. Heat index about 105.
You lucky dog. :D It is 107 here right now and it will top out at 108, but it supposed to drop down to 63 overnight and only reach 85 tomorrow. :cool:
It will be between 79 and 85 for highs for the next 10 days, and drop to the mid 50s at night, back to more normal NW weather.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You lucky dog. :D It is 107 here right now and it will top out at 108, but it supposed to drop down to 63 overnight and only reach 85 tomorrow. :cool:
We may have topped out at 99. It has been slowly rising and our peak is supposed to hit at about 5:00 PM A bit disappointing. If it is going to get this hot it should at least get to 3 digits.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We may have topped out at 99. It has been slowly rising and our peak is supposed to hit at about 5:00 PM A bit disappointing. If it is going to get this hot it should at least get to 3 digits.
Disappointing? I am going to tell God on you. :p I can barely function in this heat and the AC in the bedroom is not doing much good. I tried to work in the bedroom all day until i finally realized the reason that the internet was not working is because the Wifi does not extend that far... stupid me :rolleyes: I thought it was an xfinity problem till I checked the other laptop in the computer room and found out it works fine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It looks like 99 will be our high. But the heat index was 113. Still, 99 but it feels even worse. It must be getting more humid.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It felt hotter. And I was right. It hit 100. Heat index of 116 degrees!
That's because of the humidity that blew in from the ocean. When I lived in Redding, CA it got well above 100 all summer long but it never felt this hot because it was a dry heat. I can remember riding my bike to and from work and I was not that uncomfortable or taxing.