• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historic heat wave forecast to hit the Pacific Northwest!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Right, so that's where all our mid-summer warmth has gone! Your fault!
On mid-summer's day in Kent, England I needed to put the jeep's heater on to warm my cold fingers!
Everyone keeps blaming me when it is really God's fault. :rolleyes: or is it? After all, it is humans that have caused climate change.
A week or so ago it was rainy and cold and my fingers were frozen, now this. I had a feeling the rain wouldn't last long, not at this time of the year. I much prefer the cold and rain to this but the best is when it is in the high 60s and low 70s.
Don't worry about your vaulted ceilings because any cool air will stay low and push warmer air upwards away from you.
It does? Well, that is good to know. We'll see. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah. It's humid right now. And I'm trying to sit on back porch with mosquito swarms.
I got eaten alive my mosquitoes last night because I always put a window screen in the slider to get air in and it only covers the bottom, high enough so the cats can't get out. It's bug city around here and the cats love to chase the moths.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I got eaten alive my mosquitoes last night because I always put a window screen in the slider to get air in and it only covers the bottom, high enough so the cats can't get out. It's bug city around here and the cats love to chase the moths.

"A new study published on November 2020 found that the universe is actually getting hotter. The study probed the thermal history of the universe over the last 10 billion years."
- Heat death of the universe - Wikipedia

Get them cool pads.

pearl

We in Massachusetts had a heat wave last week and will begin another one this weekend, very unusual for this time of year, its barely summer here yet.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Also here.
I believe that California and the Mediterranean are meteorologically synchronized.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It might get above 70F today (if it stops raining).
Sposed to rain clear thru Monday or Tuesday.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"A new study published on November 2020 found that the universe is actually getting hotter. The study probed the thermal history of the universe over the last 10 billion years."
- Heat death of the universe - Wikipedia

Get them cool pads.
I am going out today so maybe I will stop at Petsmart and see if they have any, but probably the only way to keep them on a cool pad would be to put them in the cat carrier. I am not too worried yet, as the temp is holding stable so far, but the REAL heat wave has not started yet, so it is good to be prepared. My house was custom built in 1986 and it is very well-insulated so we might be okay, that and the fact that it gets virtually no sun because it is surrounded by trees.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I am going out today so maybe I will stop at Petsmart and see if they have any, but probably the only way to keep them on a cool pad would be to put them in the cat carrier. I am not too worried yet, as the temp is holding stable so far, but the REAL heat wave has not started yet, so it is good to be prepared. My house was custom built in 1986 and it is very well-insulated so we might be okay, that and the fact that it gets virtually no sun because it is surrounded by trees.
If you want a break, it was a refreshing 17 degrees Celsius here today. (62 to you!)

(yet thundered earlier on...British weather is just random)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
62 degrees? That would be perfect for me! It's 83 here right now and climbing.
Aargh! Every time that you get me to check the weather forecast it gets worse!:mad::mad:

Now we are predicted at 104 on Monday. Only 4 degrees below your 108. I better dig out the shorts and buy a kiddie pool:D

And it is 81 here right now. right here. I am not looking forward to Monday at all.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
We got the central heating on....
And those who have central air have central air going on here...
I hate this braggarts who talk about their central air. :rolleyes: They know full well that hardly anyone who lives here has central air so they have to brag about how cool they are. :cool:

We have a 35 year old furnace and I see no reason to spend money on an upgrade to a heat pump that has AC since the furnace still works just fine. I am not spending that kind of money just because we have a few hot days but I would like to get some better room AC units.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And those who have central air have central air going on here...
I hate this braggarts who talk about their central air. :rolleyes: They know full well that hardly anyone who lives here has central air so they have to brag about how cool they are. :cool:

We have a 35 year old furnace and I see no reason to spend money on an upgrade to a heat pump that has AC since the furnace still works just fine. I am not spending that kind of money just because we have a few hot days but I would like to get some better room AC units.
I have baseboard heat. I am tempted to get a heat pump since it saves on energy. The AC would be a fringe benefit.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Aargh! Every time that you get me to check the weather forecast it gets worse!:mad::mad:

Now we are predicted at 104 on Monday. Only 4 degrees below your 108. I better dig out the shorts and buy a kiddie pool:D

And it is 81 here right now. right here. I am not looking forward to Monday at all.
I just looked and it is 84 here right now but I have not looked at the forecast for today or into the weekend or for next week, because it is too depressing. If the forecast is any worse than it was last time I might have to head over to Moclips where our beach house is located because our tenant invited me to come and look at the house.... problem is what to do with the 7 cats... We have taken that many cats in the car before on vacations to the Oregon coast but not in the heat with no AC... We have AC in both cars but it has never been serviced so it does not work. So much for planning ahead. :rolleyes:

We blew all the cool air in with fans last night and closed everything up at dawn.... so now we will see how well-insulated this house actually is!

I dug out the shorts two days ago.;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just looked and it is 84 here right now but I have not looked at the forecast for today or into the weekend or for next week, because it is too depressing. If the forecast is any worse than it was last time I might have to head over to Moclips where our beach house is located because our tenant invited me to come and look at the house.... problem is what to do with the 7 cats... We have taken that many cats in the car before on vacations to the Oregon coast but not in the heat with no AC... We have AC in both cars but it has never been serviced so it does not work. So much for planning ahead. :rolleyes:

We blew all the cool air in with fans last night and closed everything up at dawn.... so now we will see how well-insulated this house actually is!

I dug out the shorts two days ago.;)
Good news? for you is that your forecast does not appear to have changed. You are still predicted the unSoundly temperature of 108 for Sunday. For some reason we are only (Hah!! only) 99F on Sunday. Our hot day is Monday. 104 then.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have baseboard heat. I am tempted to get a heat pump since it saves on energy. The AC would be a fringe benefit.
If you have a house with baseboard heat you'd probably save a lot with a heat pump. I did all the research years ago when we bought this house since I was going to get a heat pump, but then later we decided to add an upgrade to the furnace so it would be more efficient. It is still expensive though.

Our house in Moclips had a heat pump till it died and we are going to replace it now that the tenant is caught up on rent....Meanwhile he has baseboard heat upstairs and a wood stove downstairs that he never uses.

At least you need to get some room AC units, if they are ever back in stock! I never even bothered to check because I just assumed there would not be any left.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Good news? for you is that your forecast does not appear to have changed. You are still predicted the unSoundly temperature of 108 for Sunday. For some reason we are only (Hah!! only) 99F on Sunday. Our hot day is Monday. 104 then.
Okay, thanks for checking. 108 ain't half bad. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
@ Subduction Zone
I guess the animals are smarter than humans because I have not seen hide nor hair if the squirrels, chipmunks or raccoons who are my regular customers on my large back deck where they dine on all the food and water I put out. I have only seen a couple of birds, nowhere near the usual number... I just stuck my head out the front door and that bird feeder is still full so I guess those customers have also run for cover. Where do animals go when it gets this hot? How do they survive? Only God knows. :rolleyes:

The good news is that all the cats seem to be doing okay so far but the indoor temp is only 78, so far. Unfortunately I do not expect that to continue into the weekend! :(