• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historic heat wave forecast to hit the Pacific Northwest!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You too... all atheists in board the sinless ship....:)
Only Christians can sin, because they are saved and forgiven! :rolleyes:

Correct, us good atheists don't do sin, is beyond our capabilities... But we all enjoy being naughty now and again, and again, and again...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I hate hot weather! This weekend it is supposed to be 108 degrees where I live in the south Puget Sound area, and this heat wave is supposed to last for at least three days. The long range forecast looks like it will remain hot, but not this hot. I am really worried about how hot it is going to get this weekend. I am not worried for myself because I can take the heat even though I don't like it; I am worried about my seven Persian cats getting too hot. We have one bedroom that has a window air conditioner but it is very small, too small to cool off that big room which has vaulted ceilings. This is upstairs. We also have a downstairs that has almost as many sq ft as the upstairs but we never go down there anymore. It is much cooler down there but it is a long and very sad story why we never go down there anymore. :(:cry: Needless to say, I do not want to take all the cats down there unless I absolutely have to, if the upstairs gets too hot.
Think of the money you will save cooking breakfast on the car hood!

Yummy!

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
This is going to suck... My roommate already bought an air conditioner for her room. Maybe I should get one too. I'm not a fan of the heat. :(

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't eat breakfast but thanks for the kind thought. :) And you just reminded me to move my car under the trees so its is out of the sun.... before the weekend.

Jokes aside, please stay careful and drink plenty of water to prevent potentially deadly heat exhaustion.

Spent time in the Mojave Desert and remember how those triple digit temperatures can sneak up on people if not careful.

Good to know you have some shade at least. =0]

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is going to suck... My roommate already bought an air conditioner for her room. Maybe I should get one too. I'm not a fan of the heat. :(
Good luck finding an air conditioner... A few years ago when it was in the 90s here they were sold out here. I imagine they are sold out by now. :(

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jokes aside, please stay careful and drink plenty of water to prevent potentially deadly heat exhaustion.

Spent time in the Mojave Desert and remember how those triple digit temperatures can sneak up on people if not careful.

Good to know you have some shade at least. =0]
Shade is an understatement... We have so many trees on our property I can barely find the house anymore... :eek:
The poor Fed-Ex driver drove in and he had to back out because the circular driveway is no longer circular.
Hopefully the shade from the trees will help keep the indoor temps down.... time will tell.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I hate hot weather! This weekend it is supposed to be 108 degrees where I live in the south Puget Sound area, and this heat wave is supposed to last for at least three days. The long range forecast looks like it will remain hot, but not this hot. I am really worried about how hot it is going to get this weekend. I am not worried for myself because I can take the heat even though I don't like it; I am worried about my seven Persian cats getting too hot. We have one bedroom that has a window air conditioner but it is very small, too small to cool off that big room which has vaulted ceilings. This is upstairs. We also have a downstairs that has almost as many sq ft as the upstairs but we never go down there anymore. It is much cooler down there but it is a long and very sad story why we never go down there anymore. :(:cry: Needless to say, I do not want to take all the cats down there unless I absolutely have to, if the upstairs gets too hot.
You guys can visit here. It's only getting to the early 90s here and early 70s at night.

Jeremiah Ames

oh my, that’s crazy trailblazer

way too hot for that area

we just concluded a week of 115-120

we’re now in a cool spell 101 today, warmer until Sunday when it gets to 109

i have had persian cats, and they handle temperature extremes a lot better than we do

but I understand the concern, because we cat people love our kitties

Viker

Häxan
Is this climate change? I guess so, and I don't like it!
What's odd is it's getting hotter in the north and cooler in the south. I'm not used to that yet. Last August I were a hoodie a few nights. August is supposed to have murder heat in my area.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
You guys can visit here. It's only getting to the early 90s here and early 70s at night.

You underestimate the Washingtonian capacity for complaining, I see. You don't know what kind of whine fest you are inviting onto yourself. :D