• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Was Not A Great Candidate Says Former VP Joe Biden

Lorgar-Aurelian

What standards are you looking for? I mean, if you don't mind that your possible President is immoral, inexperienced and a liar, with false promises and no technical plans, what do you mind?
Nothing really because I don't think it matters that much. Usually it seems to me to be a choice between two evils. The one exception is when they might infringe on my rights but they do that all the time without taking my thoughts into consideration.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Nothing really because I don't think it matters that much. Usually it seems to me to be a choice between two evils. The one exception is when they might infringe on my rights but they do that all the time without taking my thoughts into consideration.
While I agree the political landscape is grim, I don't see acceptance as the answer. And anytime someone comes along making it even grimier than usual- like Trump- I think we ought to squash it.

Lorgar-Aurelian

While I agree the political landscape is grim, I don't see acceptance as the answer. And anytime someone comes along making it even grimier than usual- like Trump- I think we ought to squash it.
I don't really think it's any grimmer than it was before. I just don't think there is a solution period and this don't ever get truly better. Surface level better but not better on a deeper level.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Now, now, don't get yer drawers all in a bunch.
What you're missing is our fundamentally different approaches to reacting to politicians.
Your concerns differ from mine.
You focus upon how his personal traits make you feel, eg, disdain for his lying.
I judge based upon different things, ie, what legislation & policies he actually effects.
Naturally, you've seen enuf to judge his record by your standards.
But by mine, I've seen little new in legislation or implemented agendas...
....no replacement for Obamacare yet, not tax overhaul yet, no change in foreign adventurism yet, etc.
(The fact that I find him personally offensive is irrelevant....after all, I'm not married to him.)

Perhaps you skip those threads, but I've criticized some of his policy goals, & approved of his USSC nomination.
While you pick a side, I'm neither on his nor against his.....I'm all about the consequences.
But as with Obama, I'll defend Trump when the attack is bogus, eg, the former being Muslim & the latter being Hitler.

If you try to understand my perspective, which differs greatly from yours, you won't be so peeved at me.

I didn't bother to read pass the first line.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Okay so what made Trump so bad?
What decade do you want to start in? It's not like Trump just landed on the scene last year. He was unfit decades ago.

He told people what they want to hear and didn't care if he was lying or not. That's RW media for ya. Trump played the 'conservative card' for votes. He's an unhinged man with the mind of a child.

There's nothing presidential about that. The presidency isn't a CEO position, the government doesn't run for a profit. A businessperson isn't more qualified for the presidency than a community organizer. The presidency is a leadership position, Trump doesn't know how to be a leader, he's used to hiring help.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
@Revoltingest I still think you are a reasonably intelligent person, but you are either too dug in, or too proud to see your own short comings here, but if you took your own advice and listened to the "Left" instead of just passing stereotypical judgment, I think you would see that many of their concerns are justified.

Uh-oh @Revoltingest, @jerimiahcp just called you "...reasonably intelligent.."! You don't have to take that.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
He's responding to my insult that his avatar is bland.
Was I too harsh?

This was the other one I considered:

ht-3.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You mean a hard working law abiding American, that has a life long ambition for self education? You could do a lot worst than me.
I loathe hard work.
I scoff at the law.
I am no patriot of Americastan.
Ambition is corrupting.
And to understand is better than to be educated.
I don't think I could be "a lot worst" than thou.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I loathe hard work.
I scoff at the law.
I am no patriot of Americastan.
Ambition is corrupting.
And to understand is better than to be educated.
I don't think I could be "a lot worst" than thou.

Also, I should point out, that in many cases the process of education is to understand. You can't learn the things I study if your goal is not also to understand them, simple regurgitation of memorized facts will not cut it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Also, I should point out, that in many cases the process of education is to understand. You can't learn the things I study if your goal is not also to understand them, simple regurgitation of memorized facts will not cut it.
You seem dedicated to disagreement, not to understanding my perspective.
This underlies your bickering over incorrect inferences of my posts.
To tell someone they mean something other than what they say they mean is a doomed approach.
It's best when we let others clarify a position, & accept what they say.
I'll do this....even for you.
Ya I know you hate coffee.
To be clear, it's the thin hot beverage I dislike.
But coffee ice cream....coffee chocolate....coffee liqueur.....all good.

In the spirit of detente, I offer you....
th

And....
kahlua-coffee-liqueur-mexico-1000ml.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Coffee & hot cocoa....what could be better?
(Add some bacon?)
7be3c72bd30549fc4a2780db4a97331c.jpg

My apologies <burb>....I drank both.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
You seem dedicated to disagreement, not to understanding my perspective.
This underlies your bickering over incorrect inferences of my posts.
To tell someone they mean something other than what they say they mean is a doomed approach.
It's best when we let others clarify a position, & accept what they say.
I'll do this....even for you.

To be clear, it's the thin hot beverage I dislike.
But coffee ice cream....coffee chocolate....coffee liqueur.....all good.

In the spirit of detente, I offer you....

And....

You know what your problem is, you take yourself too seriously, you should try to be more like me and just have some fun.