• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me I am confused what does this mean ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I would ask, if there is a remedy available for a dying friend, or releive, or if you have a wife, or a child. Would that be the action you would take then?

I'm not sure if you're intentionally trying to touch a nerve or not. But no hard feelings either way.

I allowed an oncologist who I thought had the answers to make a choice between surgery and chemotherapy for my daughter. He made a choice that was contrary to my intuition, but I allowed him to make that choice because I thought he was better qualified to make the decision than I was. To this day, I'm confident that my allowing that decision cost my daughter her life.

I learned from that experience that though people might think they have a remedy, that's not always the case.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I see it is defined in many ways. A religious Forum with a debate section needs to have a broad definition, otherwise one could be seen to be proselytizing when they are only participating in a debate and a dabate is;

"The aim of a debate is to convince the opposition that you are right. When the two sides agree on the subject or when one side's arguments are more convincing than the other side that is when the debate
comes to a close".

If one can not put a convincing case forward, without being accused of proselytizing, then there can be no debate.

Regards Tony

I'm not going to pursue this line of discussion in this thread, as this is not a debate thread and this post is steering the thread even more off topic. I'd be happy to entertain this point in What Is Proselytizing?.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
this happen to me this year the church was full about 200 people i asked many people that question and they all said they saw and felt nothing.
It sounds like a waking dream.

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

Mike,

I would expect if a spirit or spirits were laying hands on the congregation, at least 1 other person would have been able to corroborate the event. Someone anyone would have felt something, saw something.... That's why I think it's best to consider the event a 'dream'. It doesn't diminish the experience, to the contrary, it makes it more **relatable** to those of us who were not in your place at that time experiencing the event through your own eyes.

Also, making it into a dream may help to calm the "burning" feeling in your belly to share this event that happened. There is no rush. Tell your story, but adjust it so that the moral imperative is introduced at the beginning of the story, and then restated at the end.

You get to decide the moral imperative, Mike. It's your dream/vision/event. You own it. Make it your own.

How?

Here's how, answer this question: If I believe you, Mike, that the story is true, what do you want me to do now?

That ^^, is the moral imperative. Once you have this imperative fully and concretely established both at the beginning and the end of the story/dream/vision, the entire episode will be more readable, and easier for other people to understand.

Does that help?

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

Mike,

I would expect if a spirit or spirits were laying hands on the congregation, at least 1 other person would have been able to corroborate the event. Someone anyone would have felt something, saw something.... That's why I think it's best to consider the event a 'dream'. It doesn't diminish the experience, to the contrary, it makes it more **relatable** to those of us who were not in your place at that time experiencing the event through your own eyes.

Also, making it into a dream may help to calm the "burning" feeling in your belly to share this event that happened. There is no rush. Tell your story, but adjust it so that the moral imperative is introduced at the beginning of the story, and then restated at the end.

You get to decide the moral imperative, Mike. It's your dream/vision/event. You own it. Make it your own.

How?

Here's how, answer this question: If I believe you, Mike, that the story is true, what do you want me to do now?

That ^^, is the moral imperative. Once you have this imperative fully and concretely established both at the beginning and the end of the story/dream/vision, the entire episode will be more readable, and easier for other people to understand.

Does that help?

Well put.

Regards Tony

mike porter

Well put.

Regards Tony

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia

Mike,

How?

Does that help?
It was a miracle god has chosen me and spoken to me through the great signs and wonders he has shown me i am a living witness./

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
people claim they believe in god and they pray to him for a sign here i stand before you and tell you that i am that sign you all have been praying for i am a living witness.

i am the only person to feel the touch of the spirit and to see these miracles and great wonders my conclusion is that god has chosen me to be his witness

It was a miracle god has chosen me and spoken to me through the great signs and wonders he has shown me i am a living witness./

Sorry Mike Porter, I see you have not been chosen by God to be a witness, you are not a sign I have been praying for. I pray for the unity of all humanity. I see your conclusion is incorrect.

I will bow out of this conversation now.

Regards Tony

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
people claim they believe in god and they pray to him for a sign here i stand before you and tell you that i am that sign you all have been praying for i am a living witness.

You know you will not be the first, by a long way, to claim such?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
i am the only person to feel the touch of the spirit and to see these miracles and great wonders my conclusion is that god has chosen me to be his witness
@SalixIncendium -

I think the OP has shown his cards.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I have to say, Mike, that I'm pretty disappointed in reading these.

But to be clear, you are not "the only person to feel the touch of the spirit." You are among more than a few here.

I'll point you back to what I said in post #10 of this thread. I'll also give you a bit of friendly advice: read the forum rules paying particular attention to #8 before you proceed.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
OK, good. You "feel" chosen. Let's translate that into a moral imperative.

It made you feel good and special and holy, and you want to share that good special holy feeling with others? Perhaps even help them to see signs and visions of their own? That way they will feel good holy and special like you?

If so, the moral imperative would be: God is real, come to church and see for yourself, when we stand up to sing hymns, pay attention for spirit(s) laying hands on the congregation.

Or is it more like this: Come with me to Church, God is real, I am chosen, I can see the signs and wonders of God. Maybe you'll be chosen too and see the spirit laying hands on the congregation.

Edit to add: There's a way to tell your story that is not in violation of the rules. Even if you want to advocate for your religion, it can be done without breaking the rules.

mike porter

I have to say, Mike, that I'm pretty disappointed in reading these.

But to be clear, you are not "the only person to feel the touch of the spirit." You are among more than a few here.

I'll point you back to what I said in post #10 of this thread. I'll also give you a bit of friendly advice: read the forum rules paying particular attention to #8 before you proceed.
not only did the spirit touch me on the right shoulder but i witnessed him doing so ...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are long lists of self-proclaimed Godmen, avatars, Christ-returns, and more. Some even managed to gather followings, all believing their guy was THE guy. Psychologically, it's classified under delusions of grandeur. Not sure how psychology would classify the followers.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
not only did the spirit touch me on the right shoulder but i witnessed him doing so ...

In the end Mike, what is it doing to your life? These events are to help us go out and help others. Touch a poor man by helping to feed and clothe them, touch the downtrodden by lifting them up. This is what I see Faith is, confirmation of our actions.

All the best.

Regards Tony

mike porter

than a stain glass window came down from heaven and on it i saw many figures than i saw a structure coming forth from heaven into the church and i could see spirits going and coming down from within the structure like a corridor that connected to an archway of unique colors which seem to come alive i could see every atom of that structure vibrating and breathing as if it was alive i have much more to tell you .