• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me I am confused what does this mean ?

David1967

Premium Member
this is what god has shown me…it all started in church when everybody stood up and began to sing hymns i was just standing there looking at everyone singing than i saw something moving around in the church at first i thought it was people coming in late but as i looked i saw a figure moving at a very high rate of speed .at first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you

So what was he wearing? The suspense is killing me! Welcome to RF

A Vestigial Mote

How? Are reading the same post? I'm only seeing a narrative of an experience.

How do you feel the OP was attempting to convert you from your beliefs?
I have the same reaction to reading stories like this most times. Not sure if @Aupmanyav would agree with my assessment, but I feel it is all too easy to understand why there would be reactions like this. On the surface, I completely understand that it could just be a relaying of a story... however the very end contains a hint of the stereotypical experience many of us have had with "mere stories" like this:
...and i have much more to tell you
A great many people have been burned by the Christian story teller, who ultimately ends up being in the business of telling the story in order to further the business of bringing people "to the flock." So many times. So so many. You lose count, and you simply become inured to the stories, and simply cannot accept them outright. People seem to think these types of things still work, and maybe they do work on certain types of people. In the end, seeing it as proselytization from the start is a useful tool for being able to ignore the noise, and get on with your life without worrying about things NO ONE can verify or produce evidence for the truth of.

A Vestigial Mote

i saw the spirit coming towards me he was able to walk through the pews and he stood less than 6 feet away from me the spirit was wearing a robe cut short to about his knees i saw the fine black hairs on his legs and as i looked down at his feet i saw he was wearing sandals ,but i could not see his face he hide it from me .than another spirit appeared before me he was also wearing a robe and he had a hood over his head and as i watched him he laid hands on a man about 10 feet away from me, but i could not see the spirits face ,than the spirit embraced the man but the man was much taller than the spirit, so when the spirit looked up at the man his head came out from under his hood and i saw a glowing skull come forth and than the spirit left the man and when he moved away he stopped and looked directly at me and i could see a glimmer of light reflected off his right cheek while all of this was going on i saw a great stain glass window come down from heaven it had many figures on it ,I have much more to tell you ...
@SalixIncendium

And here it is again...
I have much more to tell you
exactly as before. What is that I smell?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
How? Are reading the same post? I'm only seeing a narrative of an experience.

How do you feel the OP was attempting to convert you from your beliefs?

Some people feel so threatened by other people having a spiritual experience that they want them reported for proselytizing.

Proselytizing is when you foist your religious ideals on others in an attempt to convert them to your way of thinking (sorta like you would when you insist other people shut up or be reported if the see something...?)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a fire burning in me which can not be contain i am compelled to tell the world.

I see a vision would be of no use, unless it inspires us in a way that helps us serve all humanity.

What do you see this vision will accomplish in this Material world?

Regards Tony

mike porter

@SalixIncendium

And here it is again... exactly as before. What is that I smell?
I see a vision would be of no use, unless it inspires us in a way that helps us serve all humanity.

What do you see this vision will accomplish in this Material world?

Regards Tony[/QUOT] The spirits that i saw are going from church to church laying hands on everybody many times and you do not know it because you can not see but for some reason i was given a great miracle and i saw these things with my own eyes.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The spirits that i saw are going from church to church laying hands on everybody many times and you do not know it because you can not see but for some reason i was given a great miracle and i saw these things with my own eyes.

As a Baha'i I see people do have these visions and they are given for a reason.

Baha'u'llah confirms that the next world surrounds us and that we are being helped at all times to find our spiritual selves.

Now you have seen this, what do you think it means for you?

I personally would be confirmed that it is to God we put our trust and that I should spend my time working to do unto all others as God has instructed us to do.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
did something happen to the people when the hands were laid on them?
Yeah, did some of them go into (what is that called) ecstasy?

11530276-4x3-xlarge.jpg

You do? Oh goodie. Do tell.
Yeah, all ears.
All folks have a story to tell. Some feel compelled to tell. How many feel compelled to listen?
Nah. Not compelled. Just for the fun of it. Stories are interesting.
A great many people have been burned by the Christian story teller, who ultimately ends up being in the business of telling the story in order to further the business of bringing people "to the flock." So many times. So so many. You lose count, and you simply become inured to the stories, and simply cannot accept them outright.
Emperor's new clothes.
I personally would be confirmed that it is to God we put our trust and that I should spend my time working to do unto all others as God has instructed us to do.
But you are majorly posting in RF and other forums. I also do the same. Have nothing better to do. :oops:

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
this is what god has shown me…it all started in church when everybody stood up and began to sing hymns i was just standing there looking at everyone singing than i saw something moving around in the church at first i thought it was people coming in late but as i looked i saw a figure moving at a very high rate of speed .at first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you

I know a well known clergy in the Therawada buddhist nikaya who believes he has 17 of the 32 signs of the Buddha (32 maha purusha lakshana). This guy is very humble and a seriously pious good man. Now he has a huge establishment. Huge.

All of this started with a similar vision of the Buddha. Almost, exactly the same. It struck me so Im sharing this story.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Your in the occult? Do you know?

I am an occultist, and I am friends with high-ranking members of various occult orders. In fact, I myself was once a high-ranking member of a specifically Luciferian order. I'm also a member of several occultist-only groups, where I've mingled with practitioners of a variety of initiated traditions including the Alexandrian Craft and Santeria.

I'm not the most authoritative on the topic, but I'd like to think I generally know what I'm talking about.

mike porter

Yeah, did some of them go into (what is that called) ecstasy?

11530276-4x3-xlarge.jpg

Yeah, all ears.Nah. Not compelled. Just for the fun of it. Stories are interesting.Emperor's new clothes.But you are majorly posting in RF and other forums. I also do the same. Have nothing better to do. :oops:[/QUOT After the miracle had passed and the spirits were raised back up to heaven i asked many people in the church if they saw anything or felt anything they all said they saw and felt nothing.

eik

"The literature is replete with accounts of the spontaneous occurrence of ostensibly paranormal phenomena with the recreational, clinical, and experimental use of psychoactive drugs." Paranormal Phenomena and Psychoactive Drugs: Fifty Years of Research, MAPS, Vol 15, No. 3.

I'm inclined to think you're either making it up or were on some kind of trip.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a fire burning in me which can not be contain i am compelled to tell the world.

i saw the spirit coming towards me he was able to walk through the pews and he stood less than 6 feet away from me the spirit was wearing a robe cut short to about his knees i saw the fine black hairs on his legs and as i looked down at his feet i saw he was wearing sandals ,but i could not see his face he hide it from me .than another spirit appeared before me he was also wearing a robe and he had a hood over his head and as i watched him he laid hands on a man about 10 feet away from me, but i could not see the spirits face ,than the spirit embraced the man but the man was much taller than the spirit, so when the spirit looked up at the man his head came out from under his hood and i saw a glowing skull come forth and than the spirit left the man and when he moved away he stopped and looked directly at me and i could see a glimmer of light reflected off his right cheek while all of this was going on i saw a great stain glass window come down from heaven it had many figures on it ,I have much more to tell you ...

he spirits that i saw are going from church to church laying hands on everybody many times and you do not know it because you can not see but for some reason i was given a great miracle and i saw these things with my own eyes.

After the miracle had passed and the spirits were raised back up to heaven i asked many people in the church if they saw anything or felt anything they all said they saw and felt nothing.

In the title, you said you were confused, but it would appear you have a pretty good handle on this, calling it a miracle and such. Was there something you were looking for in responses to help allay this alleged confusion?

Is there a reason you are compelled to share with the world other than the fire burning in you?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@SalixIncendium

And here it is again... exactly as before. What is that I smell?

You may be right, and time will tell, but as of right now, it remains a narrative. I see nothing in any of his posts that indicate an intent to convert anyone. That may or may not change, but as of right now, if you are smelling anything, it's fear of a stereotype.

Quite honestly, I see more half-hearted attempts at proselytizing in the responses to this thread than I do from the OP. *shrugs*

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Proselytizing is when you foist your religious ideals on others in an attempt to convert them to your way of thinking (sorta like you would when you insist other people shut up or be reported if the see something...?)

Is this a veiled accusation directed at me, or are you using "you" as a generalization?