• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me I am confused what does this mean ?

mike porter

this is what god has shown me…it all started in church when everybody stood up and began to sing hymns i was just standing there looking at everyone singing than i saw something moving around in the church at first i thought it was people coming in late but as i looked i saw a figure moving at a very high rate of speed .at first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you
Welcome to RF,

Thanks for sharing. That is an amazing experience; God's Grace.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Intense mystical experiences, sometimes called "transient spiritual psychosis," can hit anyone in any religion somewhat randomly. They're more common the higher your religiosity is, and the deeper your spiritual devotion.

I had a similar experience one time. I was listening to Ghost, which is sort of like Satanic church rock, and one of the songs really resonated with me. I saw bat-winged, red-skinned fauns fluttering about on the ceiling above me, covered in darkness.

Some people are more susceptible to these experiences than others, and there are ways to manually undergo them like fasting and sleep deprivation combined with constant prayer, but as I said they also happen spontaneously. It's not usually a sign of mental illness or anything; the experiences tend to be benign if not ironically healthy and transformative.

The occult is all about finding what makes your own mind tick so you can reliably recreate these experiences on your own.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
this is what god has shown me…it all started in church when everybody stood up and began to sing hymns i was just standing there looking at everyone singing than i saw something moving around in the church at first i thought it was people coming in late but as i looked i saw a figure moving at a very high rate of speed .at first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you
When did this happen? How many people were in attendance? Did anyone else see it? How has this experience changed your lifestyle, behavior or beliefs?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
That sounds like an amazing experience

You should cherish it

I'm jealous :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Most importantly what does it mean to you, it was your experience. What was your heart asking to find?

Your experience is not for anybody else.

Regards Tony

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Such mystical experiences, in my opinion, are quite personal and are intended for you only.

My advice to you, if you wish to understand the experience, is to contemplate and reflect upon the details through meditation or prayer (whatever your practice may be) and to read about the mystical experiences of others and, if the experience was similar, what conclusions they've drawn from their experiences.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What does that mean?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It is most probably a cook-up, if the esteemed member is not suffering from some psychological disorder.

Because we are supposed to accept this at face value?

In Religions Q&A, yes, you are.

If either of you wish to debate the validity of mystical experiences, please create a thread in Religious Debates. Religions Q&A is not the venue for it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I suppose if nobody else sees it then it's God telling you it's for your eyes only.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
did something happen to the people when the hands were laid on them?

mike porter

did something happen to the people when the hands were laid on them?
Most importantly what does it mean to you, it was your experience. What was your heart asking to find?

Your experience is not for anybody else.

Regards Tony
Such mystical experiences, in my opinion, are quite personal and are intended for you only.

My advice to you, if you wish to understand the experience, is to contemplate and reflect upon the details through meditation or prayer (whatever your practice may be) and to read about the mystical experiences of others and, if the experience was similar, what conclusions they've drawn from their experiences.
There is a fire burning in me which can not be contain i am compelled to tell the world.

mike porter

i saw the spirit coming towards me he was able to walk through the pews and he stood less than 6 feet away from me the spirit was wearing a robe cut short to about his knees i saw the fine black hairs on his legs and as i looked down at his feet i saw he was wearing sandals ,but i could not see his face he hide it from me .than another spirit appeared before me he was also wearing a robe and he had a hood over his head and as i watched him he laid hands on a man about 10 feet away from me, but i could not see the spirits face ,than the spirit embraced the man but the man was much taller than the spirit, so when the spirit looked up at the man his head came out from under his hood and i saw a glowing skull come forth and than the spirit left the man and when he moved away he stopped and looked directly at me and i could see a glimmer of light reflected off his right cheek while all of this was going on i saw a great stain glass window come down from heaven it had many figures on it ,I have much more to tell you ...