• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me I am confused what does this mean ?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the things we must do, is offer the opportunity to others, with absolutely no obligation, no compulsion and no intent but to offer.

Maybe this is something you must do, but I, myself, am under no obligation. I only offer such opportunities upon request. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
After the miracle had passed and the spirits were raised back up to heaven i asked many people in the church if they saw anything or felt anything they all said they saw and felt nothing.
You said that in one spirit, the hood slipped a little back when he looked up to the person, the spirits were of short height, and you could see a skull where the face should have been, and you saw a glint of light reflected from his cheek bones. If it was a skull, then the spirits were from Satan. Because if they were God's angels, they would have had at least reasonably acceptable faces (I do not claim that all Lord's angels are as handsome in face as Leonardo DiCaprio of Titanic in his youth, though Lord can make them even more handsome). How could these spirits enter your church when just the name of the savior is enough to cast out the demons? Were they not afraid of the presence of the savior there and that of his mother? Is not your narrative a little incongruent?

tumblr_pehitoKdZr1tc5gvpo7_250.png

What if all experiences were made up? ;)
If it is all made up, it should not have been in Religions Q&A. :D

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Why do you require more than another's word? Of what consequence to you are the experiences of others?

It's you that has the choice to make another's experiences a part of your own or not.

Well it usually means I take it with a pinch of salt, file it, and usually ignore it unless there is something else that might corroborate such, especially when it might appear as proselytising, as noted by others. But I'm not going to wail about it. :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well it usually means I take it with a pinch of salt, file it, and usually ignore it unless there is something else that might corroborate such, especially when it might appear as proselytising, as noted by others. But I'm not going to wail about it. :D

I think there are those here that are confused by what proselytizing actually is, and they would do well to look up the definition.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I think there are those here that are confused by what proselytizing actually is, and they would do well to look up the definition.

I suppose. But expecting people to take things at face value when they might be fabricating them is much the same. Not that I am accusing the OP of such, of course. It's trying to present evidence for a certain position, and such things do tend to have weight for some, but not for many of us.

A Vestigial Mote

You may be right, and time will tell, but as of right now, it remains a narrative. I see nothing in any of his posts that indicate an intent to convert anyone. That may or may not change, but as of right now, if you are smelling anything, it's fear of a stereotype.
I don't fear it. Just causes me to enter the space of not caring faster than others might.
Quite honestly, I see more half-hearted attempts at proselytizing in the responses to this thread than I do from the OP. *shrugs*
I've wondered this quite a few times - if there is no actual substitute being offered, can it really be considered "proselytizing?"

mike porter

You said that in one spirit, the hood slipped a little back when he looked up to the person, the spirits were of short height, and you could see a skull where the face should have been, and you saw a glint of light reflected from his cheek bones. If it was a skull, then the spirits were from Satan. Because if they were God's angels, they would have had at least reasonably acceptable faces (I do not claim that all Lord's angels are as handsome in face as Leonardo DiCaprio of Titanic in his youth, though Lord can make them even more handsome). How could these spirits enter your church when just the name of the savior is enough to cast out the demons? Were they not afraid of the presence of the savior there and that of his mother? Is not your narrative a little incongruent?

tumblr_pehitoKdZr1tc5gvpo7_250.png

If it is all made up, it should not have been in Religions Q&A. :D
everything i said is true i saw these things with my own eyes

mike porter

"The literature is replete with accounts of the spontaneous occurrence of ostensibly paranormal phenomena with the recreational, clinical, and experimental use of psychoactive drugs." Paranormal Phenomena and Psychoactive Drugs: Fifty Years of Research, MAPS, Vol 15, No. 3.

I'm inclined to think you're either making it up or were on some kind of trip.
You may be right most of this miracles are hoaxes or reported by liars etc. But what i am telling you is true but i can't prove it ....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
this is what god has shown me…it all started in church when everybody stood up and began to sing hymns i was just standing there looking at everyone singing than i saw something moving around in the church at first i thought it was people coming in late but as i looked i saw a figure moving at a very high rate of speed .at first it was a blur and as i watched i could see it was a spirit moving about and he was laying hands on everybody in the church than I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down and than i saw the lords spirits pour out and fill the church and they immediately went about laying hands on everyone as i stood there in church looking at all these miracles and wonders i saw a cloud of lightening coming down from heaven it landed about 10 feet away from me so i could see it clearly after a while a figure came forth and i stood before him and as i watched he came forth again and i could see what he was wearing and i have much more to tell you
I will give this a try, but I can't tell you what you saw. For this vision to be for me it would have to come to me, directly. If I had the vision and told it to you, first, you could trust my interpretation, but you can't. I'm merely using classic types and typical meanings from scripture as I understand it.

When I consider your picture that you have described, I think it symbolizes a rapid change affecting many people. It could be big or small. I think the laying on of hands of everyone means everyone is in equality -- a flattening of structure with no especially spiritual people (another indication the vision is for you personally). Heavens opening and the church coming down is a restatement of the original concept of the church. It could mean everyone goes Catholic, or it could mean all previous institutions vanish or it could mean all people are suddenly all together. The divisions don't matter both between opinion groups and authority levels. They don't affect this. Maybe they disappear, but the main thing is they are irrelevant to it -- useless. The cloud represents people in the church, both the living and the dead. Your presence in the vision is you representing what will happen to the world, what it will see. What you're seeing symbolized is what the world will or hopefully will see. The lightning means that the vision can't be accomplished through government, systems, rules.. methods, media...devices but only without hands. The change is accomplished in people rather than through people. The closeness of the figure and the fact that you were able to see it coming closer suggests that all people will incrementally perceive better..or are doing so already. That fact that its not perfectly clear is less good, but looking at it positively its an improvement

Why have a vision about it? I think its because change means change, and so people (maybe you) will be wondering what is going on and where the change is coming from and whether its a good change. When change happens people want to know why and who is driving it and who is in control, but this change won't have anyone in control of it.

I agree with other posters that only you need to see your vision, and anyone can receive the same vision. We all feel a burning need to express to others many things, but its impossible for you to give me your vision. I'd have to have the same vision, or it would just be me. If the visions is guidance its specifically to let you know to prepare yourself -- maybe so you don't feel lost when things start changing.

mike porter

When did this happen? How many people were in attendance? Did anyone else see it? How has this experience changed your lifestyle, behavior or beliefs?
this happen to me this year the church was full about 200 people i asked many people that question and they all said they saw and felt nothing.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
this happen to me this year the church was full about 200 people i asked many people that question and they all said they saw and felt nothing.

Did you see them help all people above the limitation of predudices, of gender, of race, of class and of religion?

Regards Tony