• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell for the Heathens : )

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
How do you convert someone to become Christian? Make one post at a religious site,
and they will all come running:biglaugh:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Viva said:
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that those without Jesus Christ will absolutely be in hell : )

Now you cannot judge me - for you heathen embrace tolerance.
Now you cannot disagree - because really, do you know anything? (all is relative)?
Now you cannot be mad - because you should be tolerant of other points of view?

The sad thing is, not only will the non-christians be burning in hell, but they live a hypocritical life on this earth before they get there. By breaking the rules above you break the rules of post-modernism and thus enter the world of hypocrisy (though most if not all of you are already there - no entry required).

Why would I want to join a hypocritical faith based religion that says that they don't reallly know anything absolutely?

My hypocritical brothers and sisters, I hope that the God of the Universe will choose you as His child today.

Respectfully,

Viva
Viva -

I respect you, I do not despise you, for you, too, can become a Buddha someday.

Viva

Hello,

Now I appreciate your energy, you are all very emotional regarding my belief. YOu are calling me names and being hostile (some of you).

I meant no offense to this via my personal intent. This is just what I believe.

Is it not your belief out there that you are to be tolerant and respect other points of view? It is my point of view that all you heathen's out there will go to hell.

Again - i'd buy you a hamburger and fries while sharing that with you. : ) just my belief. What's wrong with that?

Viva

Pah

Uber all member
Viva said:
Hello,

Now I appreciate your energy, you are all very emotional regarding my belief. YOu are calling me names and being hostile (some of you).

Is it not your belief out there that you are to be tolerant and respect other points of view? It is my point of view that all you heathen's out there will go to hell.

Again - i'd buy you a hamburger and fries while sharing that with you. : ) just my belief. What's wrong with that?

Viva
You can not ask for respect and not give it. We prize diversity here and require that respect be given. Confining someone to hell is not respectful - especially when those others you attack are Christian. I'm used to it and it is your atitude that helped me become Atheist.

You are not a good role model of the loving Christ and God you say you follow and I don't know why anyone should listen or take you seriously.

Harvster

Viva,

I am sure that most people on this forum would respect your beliefs as they are, but when you announce that they are going to burn in hell can you really expect them to?

Also your question
“Is it not your belief out there that you are to be tolerant and respect other points of view?”
in a sense contradicts your initial post.

All the advice I can give you is 'Practice what you preach' and you may find people will be more respectful and tolerant of your beliefs.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
well its a good thing my faith doesn't have a 'hell'... :D
So long as I end up before Creator I think I'll be ok... but thanks anyway. :cool:

wa:do

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hell must be a pretty nice place with all my friends from the forums there!
Great idea! RF reunion in hell in about 100 years from now! Pre-orde your exclusive RF meeting in hell shirt! (I dont recomend 100% cotton or polyester) Be sure to join us everyone, you to Viva.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Luke Wolf said:
Great idea! RF reunion in hell in about 100 years from now! Pre-orde your exclusive RF meeting in hell shirt! (I dont recomend 100% cotton or polyester) Be sure to join us everyone, you to Viva.
Don't you think Viva might get a bit lonely?

James

Fluffy

A fool
Hello,

Heya Viva, welcome to the forums.

Thats cool. I personally believe that everyone will be continually reincarnated until the point at which they are ready to enter Heaven. Given my disbelief in hell, you and me will have to agree to disagree on this point :).

I don't know. I would like to be the kind of person who tolerated all points of view. But I find I cannot tolerate, and would not want to associate, with somebody who regarded black people as subhuman slaves even if they acted incredibly respectfully towards all human beings and were a saint in other aspects. I am uncertain whether this is a personal failing or not, however.

Personally, I find the beliefs you have expressed so far far less objectionable than the example I gave above. It might be better to choose your words so they cannot be misinterpreted as derogatory. Heathen is such a word and when followed by a what might be considered a negative belief, a better choice of vocabulary is perhaps more appropriate. And that doesn't even take into account the extreme inaccuracy of 'heathen' as a term.

There is nothing wrong with that (except I would have to reject your hamburger and nick most of the fries ;)). However, there are 2 things about this thread that people might find offensive and which you could change in the future.

Firstly, your choice of words, as I have already mentioned above.
Secondly, the motives behind making a post such as this. Afterall, what kind of discussion did you hope to generate about this particular belief of yours? It is all too easy to interpret your motives as that of attempting to cause offence, like that of a 'troll', since it is unclear what you hoped to contribute through such a post.

I must say that I personally, was not offended by your thread, however.
Blessed Be
Fluffy

jewscout

Religious Zionist
hey since i don't believe in the divinity of Jesus can i be a heathen too??!?!??!?!?!:jiggy: :jiggy: :woohoo:

Fluffy

A fool
hey since i don't believe in the divinity of Jesus can i be a heathen too??!?!??!?!?!
Fraid not Jewscout :(. A heathen is anyone who does not believe in the Jewish, Christian or Muslim god. However, if you an uncultured savage then you get to join the club as well :D.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I will not give respect to someone who threatens me with a 'my way or the highway' type of threat and expects me to accept it as just their opinion and I should be alright with it.:mad:

S-IfYouAreNotOutraged.gif

S-HateValue.jpg

S-It'sYourHell.jpg

Fluffy

A fool
I will not give respect to someone who threatens me with a 'my way or the highway' type of threat and expects me to accept it as just their opinion and I should be alright with it.
mad.gif
In my opinion, all the major religions are pretty clear on the "my way or the highway" attitude. It is not a threat. It is like believing that if you stick your tongue in a plug socket, you will get electrocuted. If someone told me that they believed that if I walked out infront of a car, I had a high probability of dieing, I would not view that as a threat so why do you view it as a threat when you disagree with the initial assumptions of that person? The motive is still the same so no threat is implied. Just my opinion though.

Although I do agree that the 'my way or the highway' attitude has been used as a threat in many times throughout history, that doesn't make it necessarily so that it always implies a loosely veiled threat.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Viva said:
Hello Brothers and Sisters,

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder that those without Jesus Christ will absolutely be in hell : )

Now you cannot judge me - for you heathen embrace tolerance.
Now you cannot disagree - because really, do you know anything? (all is relative)?
Now you cannot be mad - because you should be tolerant of other points of view?

The sad thing is, not only will the non-christians be burning in hell, but they live a hypocritical life on this earth before they get there. By breaking the rules above you break the rules of post-modernism and thus enter the world of hypocrisy (though most if not all of you are already there - no entry required).

Why would I want to join a hypocritical faith based religion that says that they don't reallly know anything absolutely?

My hypocritical brothers and sisters, I hope that the God of the Universe will choose you as His child today.

Respectfully,

Viva
Thank you so much; I have other expectations....

You cannot tell me what I can and cannot do; that will be up to me.

Talking about hypocracy.........

No one has asked you to do so

I think he chose me some while back; I certainly chose him......

Now who is the hypocrite?

I'll tell you one thing; you may be deeply religious, and happy with your attitude towards others, but I suggest that you consider:-
“Do not judge, or you will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged ….” Matthew 7:1-5.:)