• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell for the Heathens : )

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
I thnk he means more fantasy characters such as a Leprechaun, Dru.

A little green man that plays tricks on others.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I want to reference Good Omens and that amusing conversation between Crowley and Aziraphale, but I can't find a quote and my book is upstairs. Curses.

Abbreviated version: Eternity is a long time. If a bird flew to a mountain every thousand years and sharpened its beak on it, the moutain would be dust a long time before eternity was over. And if you were in heaven, it'd be like watching The Sound of Music the entire time and enjoying it.

Circle_One

By the way, I don't know what you mean by the "Green Man". Is this, perhaps, a version of Oghma, God of Wisdom (represented as an oak tree), or Cernunnos, God of the Woods and Animals?
The Green Man is still much of a mystery, Druidus, his full legends and stories have been long forgotten, but many ideas and partial tales still remain.

Basically he represent nature, the cycle of life and death (and in many ideals, the triumph of life over death, as the "green" of nature dies in the winter, only to be reborn in the spring).

Wandering scholars and pilgrims, musicians, merchants and adventurers all of them blurred the edges of our schoolbook histories and so Jesus, Osiris, Odin, the Green Knight, John Barleycorn, the Holly King and Thamuz of the Mesopotamians are all related to the Green Man who symbolises the triumph of Green Life over Winter and Death.
His is represented in The Holly King, in Robin Hood, Jack in the Green, the Corn God, Gawain and the Green Knight, the Old Man in the Woods, Puck, Robin Goodfellow and many others.

His representations have been found in cave paintings, in ancient temple, churches, etc.

There is much still unknown about him, but the end result is that he was something powerful.

"They let him lie for a long long time
Till the rain from Heaven did fall

Then little Sir John sprung up his head
Which so amazed them all.
They let him lie through the long midsummer
Till he grew both pale and wan
Then little Sir John he grew along beard
And so became a man."

To read more, check out this website http://www.mikeharding.co.uk/greenman/greenindex.html. There are a lot of interesting theorys and thoughts on The Green Man to be found here.

Also, you could check out A Little Book of the Green Man for more information.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I've felt a great affinity with the Green man ever since I first stumbled across him. In fact, the only jewelry I wear on a daily basis is a pendant in one of his images. Is there a specially warm seat in hell for me, then?:woohoo:

*Does the happy heathen pagan dance.*:jiggy: :jiggy: :jiggy:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a similiar "It's Your Hell You burn in it" bumper sticker on my car. People didn't like it for some reason. My car kept getting a new dent, dings, and scratches on it every time I went to town.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Doin' The Happy Pagan Dance
:jiggy::woohoo::jiggy::woohoo:

Sorry viva but the prophets/holy men of my religion said that Creator loves all his children and that he gave us our way to live just has he gave you your way to live.
My way isn't your way, we both have different paths to walk but the destination is the same in the end.

wa:do

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
Doin' The Happy Pagan Dance
:jiggy::woohoo::woohoo:

Sorry viva but the prophets/holy men of my religion said that Creator loves all his children and that he gave us our way to live just has he gave you your way to live.
My way isn't your way, we both have different paths to walk but the destination is the same in the end.

wa:do
Well said.:)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Since you are in the dark, you will live in the dark - forever.
Considering Im a nocturnalist (one who prefers and works better during the night), I wouldn't mind living in the dark forever. In fact, Id LOVE IT!
For now, I will cut up a bunch of green glow sticks, poor the liquid all over me, and start doing the Happy Pagan Dance.:woohoo::jam: :woohoo:WOOOOO IM GLOWING!!!:D

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Friends,

Fluffy is using a the sign of the Witches Foot to represent her/himself. And you are taking advice from this person?
Better an open minded, accepting hell bound heathen, than a close minded, with or against us, heaven bound slice of 'in his image' perfection. Besides it looks like me and fluffy will be sharing burning cubicles, so better get on there good side now.

Now fluffy, and other pagans, I'm not sure what grade level you are or if you are at the point of worshipping the Green Man - but could it be that the gods/goddesses that inspire you lie?
A large assumption

Now I like you guys. I'm not threatening any of you or trying to save any of you. I am just giving you my belief. And since we are all tolerant you shouldn't have any hard feelings.
In fact you are threatening us...Didn't fluffy and I already discuss this, Fluffy sticking up for you?

You see, i'm not sure who in here is God's child or not. But those who are not, the Christian positition would be that God may hate you.
I thought we were all god's children. That sounds like one abusive Daddy.

Since you are in the dark, you will live in the dark - forever. This my friends is my belief that all Heathens will be in hell. The only way out, is faith -
So let me get this straight, in order to be saved from a place I don't believe in I need blind faith in something I don't believe in if not I'll be tortured FOREVER. Sounds like anyone could just say that about anything without and reason or proof.

I hope you respect my position?

VIva
I don't. I don't respect the use of threats, hatred, and fear to further ones position. You may feel like your coming across as a loving Christian trying to spread the good word when in fact it's about 180' from that.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Viva said:
Friends,

1.Fluffy is using a the sign of the Witches Foot to represent her/himself. And you are taking advice from this person?

2.Now fluffy, and other pagans, I'm not sure what grade level you are or if you are at the point of worshipping the Green Man - but could it be that the gods/goddesses that inspire you lie?

3.Now I like you guys. I'm not threatening any of you or trying to save any of you. I am just giving you my belief. And since we are all tolerant you shouldn't have any hard feelings.

4.You see, i'm not sure who in here is God's child or not. But those who are not, the Christian positition would be that God may hate you.

5.Since you are in the dark, you will live in the dark - forever. This my friends is my belief that all Heathens will be in hell. The only way out, is faith -

6.I hope you respect my position?

VIva
1. Spiritual advice, or which loaf of bread tastes better than another? - besides, I always listen to advice; but I don't have to take it. As far as I am concerned, fluffy demonstrates a kind heart, a sense of humour and common sense - sure I'll listen to his advice; there aren't that many with the same qualifications as he, in day to day life.

2.How do you know that Fluffy and the other pagans are 'lying' ? That is rather a strong accusation..........

3. If you like us, and you are talking to us in the way you do, I'd not want to get on the wrong side of you!:D

4. As others have said, we are all G-d's Children - some of us might not be as well behaved as others.........

5. I am not in the dark; when I meditate, I ask for G-d's light; I often feel the sensation of being enveloped in a bright light. And no, I am not taking recreational drugs.

6. Respect your position ? - If I could view your position as anything else than provoking, threatening (in terms of what will happen to us when we die), I don't honestly know.

I always try to see the good in people - and I am sure that there is a lot of good in you - but I don't think you make a good representative for a deity whose prime motivation is love.............

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Why should I take any advice from you Viva? You are obviously telling me just because I am Pagan I am automatically damned to hell.
Hard to believe I used to be like that. I was very judgemental, and then I saw what I was becoming, and then I did something I swore I never would do. I renounced Christianity.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Original Freak said:
Why do I get the feeling she's not going to answer? Ah well.
I thought you'd be too busy being a hypocrite trying to work out what you don't reallly know absolutely to be busy waiting for a reply ?:biglaugh:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I feel bad, because I'm not up on the latest in confusion. Is the "Witches Foot" supposed to to be the lovely pentacle Fluffy is sporting as an avatar, or did she have a foot there that looked vaugely witch-like? I know mine has a few more callouses than most, and my toenails are really icky looking, but I'm not sure, other than that, what makes it any different than an Islamic, Hindu or Christian foot...

Viva

Brothers and Sisters,

It's amazing how the pagans are not informed regarding their paganism. It is as if you follow weird systems just because nothing is no television or else it feels good.

Circle One - I believe that you god/goddess gives you a psuedo type light. Your god is said to do this in 2nd Corinthians 11:14 - but it is a blinding light, where you will never see.

---look, if I was confident in my position, and you had a belief that I was going to hell, this would not shake me. That is the difference between us. Since you are so uncomfortable, this denotes that fact that you are lacking confidence, ,knowledge, and comfort in your position. Believe me - I would too if I were you : )

---And yes, My God (as found in an Encyclopedia known as the Bible) does not love everybody. He hates some people. See Romans 13:5 along with Proverbs where he hates the wicked and does not hear their prayers. I didn't say it, God said it via the authors of the Divine Encyclopedia (aka Bible).---

Thus is it quite possible via the Scriptures that God may hate you. But I hope otherwise and only time will tell upon the closing of your caskets.

Viva

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Viva said:
Proverbs where he hates the wicked and does not hear their prayers.
while HaShem may "hate the wicked" i do not believe that C1 or anyone else on this forum who is not a follower of the Abrahmic faiths would fall into that category...

again Viva you would do well to read the words in Deut. 4:19
and lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun and the moon and the stars, even all the host of heaven, thou be drawn away and worship them, and serve them, which HaShem thy G-d hath allotted unto all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Prima

That is the difference between us. Since you are so uncomfortable, this denotes that fact that you are lacking confidence, ,knowledge, and comfort in your position. Believe me - I would too if I were you : )
Oh, we're not uncomfortable, we're just irritated. Have you ever considered that perhaps you are the one blinded by a light only you see?

(as found in an Encyclopedia known as the Bible)
Encyclopedias rarely hold such contradictions as we see in the Bible. So does God love everyone, or not?

Viva

No God does not love every human. There are some that He hates.

And in the original autographs it is the position that there are no erorrs and among the text we have today no contradictions (rather apparent contradiction).

And the reference in Deutronomy denotes an allowance for the ungodlies actions, NOT tolerance there of. Jewscout, you have simply commited the common categorical fallacy. Do you know Hebrew, for I can add more light upon this if you do, otherwise it will be over your head, which YahVeh allows (but doesn't excuse) : )

Shalom,

Viva