• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Having no gender vs. having more than one

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Question: What is the difference between identifying with no gender and identifying with multiple genders?

I mean, how does that work out, regarding outward expression?

What is the difference, in practical terms?

Socially, and culturally, what is the difference between these to categories of people?

I'd be interested to hear some ideas

And wouldn't having (say) two genders mean that the two cancel each other out, thus leaving the subject genderless??? Or does it not work like that?
well.....now that I am sooooooooo old and gray

in retrospect......ONE gender was quite enough

and now that my wife and I are content.......

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I bet none of these male actors ever claimed he actually WAS a female and tried to use the female bathroom. I have no problem with boys or men PLAYING like females but when they start saying they ARE females someone needs to have the guts to tell them they are wrong.
I have no problem with trans women using the women's rest room as long as they are clean about it and don't trash the bathroom.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"Gender is a socially derived classification construct" is a meaningless pile of garbage. In the example above, the boy who plays with dolls is still a boy. And if he wants to use the girls bathroom because he plays with dolls he needs to be told he is a boy and needs to use the boys bathroom. He may think and act and play like a girl but he is not a girl.
Transsexualism is a real medical condition, albeit very rare. That's something that's getting lost in this gender activism crap that's overtaken the discussion in recent years.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It probably became a "real medical condition" because doctors decided they could make money by treating it. Any person with a penis who says he is a female simply needs to be told that it is not true and he is just a man who wants to act like a woman.

Sorry, what medical or psychological expertise do you have to make this assessment?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It probably became a "real medical condition" because doctors decided they could make money by treating it. Any person with a penis who says he is a female simply needs to be told that it is not true and he is just a man who wants to act like a woman.
Yes, because people who go on lifelong hormonal therapy, have surgeries, change their legal info, etc. are surely just "pretending".

lostwanderingsoul

Yes, because people who go on lifelong hormonal therapy, have surgeries, change their legal info, etc. are surely just "pretending".
They are not pretending, they are sick. But the sickness is not that they need to change their gender but that they think they need to change it. Mental illness not physical. And not illness that requires hormones and surgery.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
They are not pretending, they are sick. But the sickness is not that they need to change their gender but that they think they need to change it. Mental illness not physical. And not illness that requires hormones and surgery.
Man, you have no idea what you're babbling about. I'm a transsexual man. I know more about myself than you do. They don't treat it the way mental illnesses are treated because it's not a mental illness. There's a growing amount of neurological and biological research showing that it has a biological, congenital foundation.

Anyway, I find all of this silly because I could walk by you in the men's room and you'd never know. :rolleyes:

lostwanderingsoul

Man, you have no idea what you're babbling about. I'm a transsexual man. I know more about myself than you do. They don't treat it the way mental illnesses are treated because it's not a mental illness. There's a growing amount of neurological and biological research showing that it has a biological, congenital foundation.

Anyway, I find all of this silly because I could walk by you in the men's room and you'd never know. :rolleyes:
Do you think I would notice if we were both changing in the locker room at the same time?

lostwanderingsoul

What do you think there is to notice? Stop making assumptions. Why would you be looking at me, anyway? Do you often check out men in the locker room? Is it a gay establishment?
Is there a chance you would be in a gay establishment? Why do you even bring the subject up? Just proves to me that it is a mental problem and not a physical one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Is there a chance you would be in a gay establishment? Why do you even bring the subject up? Just proves to me that it is a mental problem and not a physical one.
I've been to gay bars and clubs, yes. Gay boys love me, by the way. They always have. :D

But don't turn it around on me. You're the one talking about salacious locker room scenes where everyone is apparently butt naked with their bits out, or is it just that you like to peek? Maybe it's you in the locker rooms and men's rooms we should be concerned about. Don't worry, your problem is mental and can be fixed.

lostwanderingsoul

I've been to gay bars and clubs, yes. Gay boys love me, by the way. They always have.

But don't turn it around on me. You're the one talking about salacious locker room scenes where everyone is apparently butt naked with their bits out, or is it just that you like to peek? Maybe it's you in the locker rooms and men's rooms we should be concerned about. Don't worry, your problem is mental and can be fixed.
I can't even reply to such sickness.