• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity is Just a Theory

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
blaide-fedorowytsch-toriodalfigure8earth.jpg

people_according_to_earth-shapes.jpg

I like the last picture. Looks like something I'd set up myself in my 3D software.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As a human I know space creation empty space mass and cooling has nothing to do with any human.

So law is fake reasoning.

I however realise humans had to implement law advice. To reason an argument against human behaviour the argued. To beg the question and state what does a planets history have to do with you human thinker!

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, to people who don't understand it, evolution is weird.
But then we accept 'continental drift' now, when I was growing up it wasn't only 'weird' but dangerous - people lost their careers, tenure, reputation over this issue.
And how dinosaurs became birds, and how matter 'acquires' mass, and Young's double slit experiment etc are all 'weird.'

Nobody lost career, tenure or reputation over it.

Your fantasies are what's weird.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
ToE is weird?

Had a professor in college who said if you look at evolution how we get to man..... was about as likely as a tornado hitting a junk yard and making a 747..... from that POV.... it is a bit weird and rather amazing too

British_Airways_G-BNLU-2008-09-13-YVR.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Had a professor in college who said if you look at evolution how we get to man..... was about as likely as a tornado hitting a junk yard and making a 747..... from that POV.... it is a bit weird and rather amazing too

In a way that is true. The odds of any one species evolving is almost zero. But the odds of there being intelligent life somewhere in the universe is almost one.

The lottery is a good analogy. The odds of me winning the lottery is almost zero. The odds of someone winning it eventually is practically one.

Audie

Veteran Member

As noted it's only weird if misunderstood or as
in this case, mostepresented.

Wu Wei

As noted it's only weird if misunderstood or as
in this case, mostepresented.

You don't think a Torando hitting a junk yard and making a 747 is a bit weird?.... Basically he was talking "odds", and he was not talking for or against....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You don't think a Torando hitting a junk yard and making a 747 is a bit weird?.... Basically he was talking "odds", and he was not talking for or against....
Actually that argument was about abiogenesis and the originator of that quote had no understanding of that either. You are talking about the physicist Fred Hoyle.

One of his most obvious mistakes was to think that first life would be anything at all like life that is the product of three billion years of evolution.

Wu Wei

Actually that argument was about abiogenesis and the originator of that quote had no understanding of that either. You are talking about the physicist Fred Hoyle.

One of his most obvious mistakes was to think that first life would be anything at all like life that is the product of three billion years of evolution.

Actually that statement was made by a professor I had in college, whether or not it was his, I have no idea... but his statement had nothing to do with abiogenesis in context of the class

PruePhillip

Nobody lost career, tenure or reputation over it.

Your fantasies are what's weird.

There's an amazing story in the Reader's Digest about the controvery over 'Continental Drift.'
It was a big deal. The idea of continents plowing through the earth's crust was absurd. It was a fringe belief - teach it at university and you could lose tenure, believe it as a geologist and you could lose reputation, do papers on it and you could lose funding.
Wegener was not even a geologist when he cut up an atlas to show how continents could match each other's coast line in 1910. And with no mechanism proposed for shifting continents.
Geology students were told, right up until the 1950's that believing in this stuff would doom their careers.
That saying that people don't change their minds, they just die off proves correct here.

cladking

That saying that people don't change their minds, they just die off proves correct here.

It's the only way science has ever changed because scientists are holiest of thou. Not real scientists: there are a few with an open mind. But every single scientismist on the site will never change until a Peer tells them to and the Peers have to die off one at a time before that will happen.

Most people rarely change their beliefs after childhood and often not during.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a baby human now an adult scientist human discusses evolution now .. it's all baby humans now. As his owned told his truth.

He'd draw two adult humans. Having sex. The sperm and ovary not one cell join to make his one cell an embryo human.

You'd draw sperm ovary.
A human embryo.
A human baby.
A human toddler.
A human child.
A human teenager.
A human adult.
A human aged.
A human dead.
Decomposition.
Some bone dusts.

Human origin parent bone dusts now.
Human baby adult bone dusts now.

Yep both dusts in humans evolution.
Topic human only.
Subject human only.

As you're not a God. You're a human theist only. I think.

Thesis a human.

You'd draw in human science a human adult.

You'd draw in science a human body looking like a monkey. Past belief.

You'd draw in science a healthy human now.

Claiming only by the act of biological sex. A choice. Sex.

A monkeys life is exact in a humans thesis a human or the monkeys life.

When a monkey wasn't a monkey it means you cannot use its presence as a monkey in any other human thesis.

As using science exactly as a humans thought only.

Now if you use numbers there is no biology at all as a number.

As you put your use of a number anywhere.

Example. Number one on a clock O is position.

In life a man says in alpha number one human in thoughts. Men.

In humans DNA I put number one inferred myself for humans agreement only.

In chemistry I claim a base is number one yet it is a chemical.

I claim the same in energy. My choice.

If I say a type of body it is human name given. It's body type is only one body type.

If I then say the body type is now a mutated body type is still exact the same body.

If a human is claimed to be in science a mutated monkey human. Then science says we are a monkey and a human in the same one body without being just a monkey. Now.

In legal human protection status a human is a human only.

As no human wants a human scientist to mutate bio human back into any monkey human by claim man plus machine equals reaction heavens monkey human. By thinking back to life inside a heavens type being less in human biology terms.

Or in theme a scientist pretending in a theory how I can minus remove a human now from being all human. As a bio cell development.

The reason humans taught science is a human choice only and is evil human thoughts.

Science not only claims a dinosaur is dead decomposed now in human life as dusts....dust his answer.

He said a mutated dinosaur changed its body into a new animal.

Yet dinosaurs are dusts.

A new animal type in theory is never a dinosaur says theory. All animals today live now by animal sex.

Not by any humans science theory I think.

As who cares what you believe changed on earth to get new types of life. You're just a human too. Mutual equal.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have never seen a model from the Flerfs. I have even seen some that claim that the Earth is on an infinite plane. Our Earth would be just a small part of it.
Well, I have just the thing for you then. :) Believe this or not, in my ancestry, my great grandfather lived in a city that was started to be a Christian utopian society, but the founder of it died within the first 6 years, and this other person took over. This was back in the early 1900's. The guy who took over made of $5000 bet that no one could prove the earth was a sphere. Here was his model that he drew of what he believed the earth looked like.

Voliva_map.jpg

Take note of how many miles away the sun is from the surface of the earth, and how large he claimed it was in diameter! I'm trying to image if the sun were only 3000 miles above us, as he claimed!

But to answer the question of why water just doesn't fall off, that's because of the ice rim holding it in, duh.. ;) See above.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually that statement was made by a professor I had in college, whether or not it was his, I have no idea... but his statement had nothing to do with abiogenesis in context of the class
He probably got it from Hoyle. You unfortunately appear to have had a creationist teacher. What was the class?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, I have just the thing for you then. :) Believe this or not, in my ancestry, my great grandfather lived in a city that was started to be a Christian utopian society, but the founder of it died within the first 6 years, and this other person took over. This was back in the early 1900's. The guy who took over made of $5000 bet that no one could prove the earth was a sphere. Here was his model that he drew of what he believed the earth looked like.

View attachment 69229

Take note of how many miles away the sun is from the surface of the earth, and how large he claimed it was in diameter! I'm trying to image if the sun were only 3000 miles above us, as he claimed!

But to answer the question of why water just doesn't fall off, that's because of the ice rim holding it in, duh.. ;) See above.
The problem with that sort of bet is that the person making it is usually the person judging it. All he has to do is deny. Even though photographs of the constant size of the Sun using filters debunks his model rather quickly.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The problem with that sort of bet is that the person making it is usually the person judging it. All he has to do is deny. Even though photographs of the constant size of the Sun using filters debunks his model rather quickly.

You'll find this fascinating. Here is the full wager and the details of his argument that was published in Modern Mechanic magazine in 1932. The article they wrote about him and his views is a truly fascinating read of several pages long. He has explanations of things like the sun on the horizon and whatnot. It's a rather elaborate attempt at making up alternative science, the way Creationists do today to make Evolution fit their theology.

Attachments

• Modern_Mechanix_Voliva_Challenge.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: