• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity is Just a Theory

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And flat earther's think gravity isn't a pull or force rather a push from above.

This level of stupidity ranks right up there with the theory of life creating itself from lightening striking some wet sand!
Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

"Things fall not because they are acted upon by some gravitational force, but because a higher intelligence, 'God' if you will, is pushing them down," said Gabriel Burdett, who holds degrees in education, applied Scripture, and physics from Oral Roberts University.​

Last edited:

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Electromagnetic energy, inertia/movement - paths of least resistance - I view these as gravitational realities. I'm not sure the intent of the opening post. How is gravity not valid science?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I like how some people think north means uphill.

Those poor people in Oz.....

bd25896e1fb0d5d072c1464ca49e067b.jpg

Audie

Veteran Member
And what purpose does it serve in this case that would help a flat earther let go of their belief the earth is flat?

Teasing or ridicule are blunt instruents,
but then human nature is hardly nature's
masterpiece.

Sometimes in motivates people to
improve themselves.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think we can account for the disparity if we use the other well known physical force called "suction". You know, like what vacuum cleaners have.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
upload_2022-12-6_10-0-55.png

There's an error here. If the earth WERE a globe (subjunctive mood), not WAS.

what purpose does [ridicule] serve in this case that would help a flat earther let go of their belief the earth is flat?

Some of these refer to religion, but the principle is the same with any faith-based enterprise:
  • "The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!" - Brian Cox
  • "No idea should be above ridicule. Ridicule is a very important tool. And why should religion not be subject to ridicule? If politics, if science, if sex, if everything is subject to ridicule, as a way of illuminating reality, why shouldn't religion?" - Prof. Lawrence Krause
  • "Ridicule is the great equalizer against the angry, harsh judgment coming from the pulpit. It is much kinder, because it doesn't ask you to hurt the target like the angry scapegoating from the church, just laugh at it. We can offer reasoned argument to those that can care about such things, and appeal to the consciences of those that have them. But ridicule is useful to intimidate those not amenable to either." - anon
  • "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." -Thomas Jefferson
That'll only make them cling harder to their belief the earth is flat and continue to deny science.

I don't think that's possible.

It'd be better to educate.

I don't think that's possible, either.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And flat earther's think gravity isn't a pull or force rather a push from above.

This level of stupidity ranks right up there with the theory of life creating itself from lightening striking some wet sand!
If you were to draw a vinn diagram with circles representing flat earthers, IDers/creationists, anti-vaxxers, and climate change deniers, the overlap would be an overwhelming proportion.
Y'all are cut from the same scientifically illiterate cloth.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think we can account for the disparity if we use the other well known physical force called "suction". You know, like what vacuum cleaners have.

The Greeks beat you to it.

The opposing forces are gravity and levity

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I dint have one.
So all I could do was allude to one.
Clearly, you need a better foe on RF.
I'm inadequate.

If he won't, I will. This is what I think he's referring to. It's something short men say when rejected by tall women.

"We're all the same height lying down". :)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
If you were to draw a vinn diagram with circles representing flat earthers, IDers/creationists, anti-vaxxers, and climate change deniers, the overlap would be an overwhelming proportion.
Y'all are cut from the same scientifically illiterate cloth.
It would be just one circle.