• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gravity is Just a Theory

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Fat2Flat.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You'll find this fascinating. Here is the full wager and the details of his argument that was published in Modern Mechanix magazine in 1932. The article they wrote about him and his views is a truly fascinating read of several pages long. He has explanations of things like the sun on the horizon and whatnot. It's a rather elaborate attempt at making up alternative science, the way Creationists do today to make Evolution fit their theology.
Thanks. I have it, I will look at it laterr.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If space wasn't an empty hole womb term encapsulated then no sphere would exist.

Pressure allows you to form a ball.

Snow you cup in hand then make a ball by applied pressure a simple basic advice.

Human I D I thinker OT brain by old machine technology. Old testimony.

Didn't you remove so called pressures in fact via dust mass to invent a reaction...going backwards in time in fact space pressures removed? As a human mind.

Yes says the possessed mind today I invented the flat plane myself as a human thinker. How to alter time in space O.

Thinker about space how big is a quantified nothing when humans use calculus to give answers as a number theme?

Errrrr I say 1 is mass O all things in one place built up. So is in fact a sphere by piles of mass dusts and energy water and solids.

1 in 0000000000 massive nothingness.

A sun must be sucked into a hole to be fixed. As burning gases moves objects on a flat plane trajectory...so the object cannot itself be flat.

PruePhillip

Well, I have just the thing for you then. :) Believe this or not, in my ancestry, my great grandfather lived in a city that was started to be a Christian utopian society, but the founder of it died within the first 6 years, and this other person took over. This was back in the early 1900's. The guy who took over made of $5000 bet that no one could prove the earth was a sphere. Here was his model that he drew of what he believed the earth looked like.

View attachment 69229

Take note of how many miles away the sun is from the surface of the earth, and how large he claimed it was in diameter! I'm trying to image if the sun were only 3000 miles above us, as he claimed!

But to answer the question of why water just doesn't fall off, that's because of the ice rim holding it in, duh.. ;) See above.

So... with global warming the oceans could just drain away. But to where? And where lies the center of gravity in all this? Kind of funny.
But you know, that's what science is about. I am not saying the earth is flat but funny ideas sometimes prove right - just look at Continental drift.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So... with global warming the oceans could just drain away. But to where?
If it melted the great ice barrier, then yes, the water might spill over the edge of the earth, and end up underneath of it, dripping off into space, one million gallons per drop. It is possible some might fall on the moon, in which case then it's oceans would refill like they used to be, before they dripped off onto earth to create its ocean, 5000 years ago.

And where lies the center of gravity in all this?
Somewhere on the underside of the earth, where the water migrates to after the ice barrier melts.

But you know, that's what science is about. I am not saying the earth is flat but funny ideas sometimes prove right - just look at Continental drift.
Continental drift was caused by the sun coming within 1200 miles of earth 6000 years ago, and melting giant gouges in the supercontinent and pushing them apart so the water from the moon had somewhere to go to create more shorelines we could enjoy when humans first came here on vacation from Venus, 4000 years ago.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So... with global warming the oceans could just drain away. But to where? And where lies the center of gravity in all this? Kind of funny.
Continental drift is not that weird of an idea. The general match of some continents was known for quite some time. Then it was discovered that the geology matched across those borders. Next the continental shelves were mapped and the fit became almost perfect in points. Lastly the ocean floors magnetic stripes tracked the opening of the continents. There is no doubt about the concept. When one has several independent sources of evidence one can be very sure that one is right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If it melted the great ice barrier, then yes, the water might spill over the edge of the earth, and end up underneath of it, dripping off into space, one million gallons per drop. It is possible some might fall on the moon, in which case then it's oceans would refill like they used to be, before they dripped off onto earth to create its ocean, 5000 years ago.

Somewhere on the underside of the earth, where the water migrates to after the ice barrier melts.

Continental drift was caused by the sun coming within 1200 miles of earth 6000 years ago, and melting giant gouges in the supercontinent and pushing them apart so the water from the moon had somewhere to go to create more shorelines we could enjoy when humans first came here on vacation from Venus, 4000 years ago.
I hope that you are just kidding.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Continental drift is not that weird of an idea. The general match of some continents was known for quite some time. Then it was discovered that the geology matched across those borders. Next the continental shelves were mapped and the fit became almost perfect in points. Lastly the ocean floors magnetic stripes tracked the opening of the continents. There is no doubt about the concept. When one has several independent sources of evidence one can be very sure that one is right.
He is right about it being considered a career ender though back then. It was originally scoffed at my mainstream science.

PruePhillip

I mean weird as in concept of a continent sailing across the globe.
And weird as in light being a particle or wave, depending if you are watching.
Or the enivoronment selecting the next best generation of living creatures
Or the moon orbiting the earth, but always going in a straight line
that kind of weird....

PruePhillip

I thought the aliens did all this when they came here to build the pyramids?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I mean weird as in concept of a continent sailing across the globe.
And weird as in light being a particle or wave, depending if you are watching.
Or the enivoronment selecting the next best generation of living creatures
Or the moon orbiting the earth, but always going in a straight line
that kind of weird....
Moving at about the same rate as fingernails grow is not exactly "sailing". But if one realizes that the deeper one goes the hotter it gets, and that rocks under heat and pressure can flow just as heated, but not melted, wax does then it may not seem to weird. There is heat inside the Earth and one way that it comes out is through convection. Very slowly moving currents of solid rock make a cycle from the very hot core to the very cold (in comparison) surface.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Let's remember one thing - the theory of gravity is far weirder than the theory of evolution.
It might be as weird as any future theory of time - indeed, they are linked.
Seems gravity theories get a refresh every couple of centuries.

We all should know gravity acts "downward" but let's be humble.
I agree general relativity is hard to grasp without the necessary mathematics, but Newtonian gravitation is extremely easy to understand, surely? Why do you think it weird?

PruePhillip

I agree general relativity is hard to grasp without the necessary mathematics, but Newtonian gravitation is extremely easy to understand, surely? Why do you think it weird?

It's weird conceptually. How does something 'pull' you towards itself without any visible links?
How is it that the force which pulls the apple to the ground keeps the moon in the sky?
Don't be blase to the wonder of nature - it's all strange.

PruePhillip

Moving at about the same rate as fingernails grow is not exactly "sailing". But if one realizes that the deeper one goes the hotter it gets, and that rocks under heat and pressure can flow just as heated, but not melted, wax does then it may not seem to weird. There is heat inside the Earth and one way that it comes out is through convection. Very slowly moving currents of solid rock make a cycle from the very hot core to the very cold (in comparison) surface.

Sure, Wegener gave the above as one explanation of how a continent moved. But to many it was simply that India just ploughed through the crust and forced up the Himalayans. Seems ridiculous at the time - like most scientific ideas.
I remember people ridiculing 'jumping genes' and birds being dinosaurs and panspermia.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It's weird conceptually. How does something 'pull' you towards itself without any visible links?
How is it that the force which pulls the apple to the ground keeps the moon in the sky?
Don't be blase to the wonder of nature - it's all strange.
If it's all strange, then strange is normal so nothing is strange, surely?

Fields seem to be a thing in nature, though, don't they? Gravitational fields, electrostatic fields, magnetic fields...... Even the fundamental particles of physics are nowadays modelled in terms of fields. When you hit your thumb, what is happening is that electrostatic fields in your thumb are getting distorted by fields from another object and moving atoms out of place.

(Gravity doesn't keep the moon up, of course, it just keeps it in orbit round the Earth, like a conker on a string).

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure which is more humorous. That ridiculous image I found I thought was so funny I had to share, or the fact that so many took it seriously!

I mean seriously, this might have been the first clue here looking that post itself:

View attachment 69221

I think most people understood the nature of the post and got the joke, as you can clearly see. Besides, have I ever shown such a level of stupidity in any of my posts you might imagine I would take that seriously?
Or maybe this is all part of some deeper, long game to get us to believe in water.