• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google Chrome - any experience?

Cypress

Dragon Mom
Has anybody here experience with Google Chrome?
I'm looking for an alternative to Internet Explorer.

Demonic Kitten

I have used IE (Internet Explorer), FF (Fire Fox) and Chrome and I have to admit Chrome is my favorite. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Firefox has some features I like better. I didn't have any problems with Chrome.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Chrome was alright, but I was not too impressed. For me, Firefox was a better alternative because it is supported better and has more option. Either one though is alright. Just download them, play with them some, and see which one fits you best.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I love Chrome; I find it even better than Firefox even though there's less extensions and stuff. I just think it's, well, cleaner.

Arav

Jain
I have used Chrome and I really like it. I defiantly like it more that Internet Explorer. I have used Fire Fox, but not enough to have a real opinion.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Frined Cypress,

Personally have used IE then google, Firefox and now Chrome.
Find this to be the best so far for my usage.
Guess, each one has to try what best suits them.

Love & rgds

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I used Firefox for about 4-years, before switching to Google Chrome. I prefer the Chrome interface to Firefox's. The only problem I have encountered is that .pdf's don't always load correctly.

Rakhel

Because I am using Linux for my OS, IE does not play well for me/ I have used firefox, I like firefox, but again, because of my OS some websites don't want to work for my version of Firefox(like youtube when they started using VIVO for their celeb vids). So I switched to Chrome. still a bit choppy(probably Linux related issues) but it works.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Chrome is great if you like to keep things simple and streamlined, never had any problems with it. If you like to customise things then Firefox is the way. IE, well the less said about it the better.

Venatoris

Chrome was giving me quicktime/flash and other compatibility errors all the time so I finally gave up on it. Firefox is still the best IMO.

xkatz

I use Firefox and Chrome mainly. The only issue I have w/ Chrome is that I can't do somethings on, since it's not supported by some sites and what-not; but that's not even a huge issue since most sites (ie like 95-99%) don't have that issue. It's good browser and all and all I would say it's as good if not better than FF.

xkatz

I used Chrome for a while, but found that FireFox is better for me.
(I can't even remember why....sad, eh?)

I find the opposite to be true most of the time. My biggest issue w/ Firefox is that sometimes it can be somewhat slow and also sometimes webpages don't load properly.

Venatoris

I find the opposite to be true most of the time. My biggest issue w/ Firefox is that sometimes it can be somewhat slow and also sometimes webpages don't load properly.

Check your add-ons. I found that lots of programs like limewire, bitcomet and nero install their own toolbars without asking you and cause weird errors when loading. I uninstalled them and the problem went away.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Check your add-ons. I found that lots of programs like limewire, bitcomet and nero install their own toolbars without asking you and cause weird errors when loading. I uninstalled them and the problem went away.

I noticed the same problem, but I couldn't get it to go away, which is why I made the switch to Chrome.

Smoke

Done here.
I use Chrome, Firefox, and IE, but Chrome is by far my favorite. The only thing I don't like about it is that there doesn't seem to be any way to open a file on my hard drive without a link or bookmark.

I use IE for ancestry.com because the documents on that site display better in IE than in Chrome or Firefox, but now that Chrome has extensions and is available for Linux operating systems, I'm finding that I don't really have any reason to keep using Firefox. On my old Windows machine I had Firefox set up to display special characters and non-Latin alphabets, but I don't on my new Ubuntu machine or my new Windows machine, and it hardly seems worth the trouble. I don't really need it, but I keep it around for sentimental reasons. I'm using Firefox right now, in fact. :)

BTW, I know you asked about browsers and not OSs, but it's worth noting that it took me about 30 minutes to get my Windows laptop set up to properly display Greek, Cyrillic, and Devanagari characters and switch from keyboard to another. It took me less than 30 seconds on Ubuntu.

GabrielWithoutWings

I used to use Firefox and switched to Chrome. Sleeker, faster, and I just have a thing for Google's products.

Not that Firefox is a bad browser. I used it for quite a while. I just prefer Chrome.