• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give me Truth.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Right now, I want you to breakdown step-by-step, or crunched down to your best, the very best possible explanation you have at this moment, of the secrets of life and the universe, and what they resonate to you.

If everything is relative and sits under the lamp of truth, which is absolute, you should have no problem freely expressing your ultimate picture of the universe unscrutinized and unscrupulous under its light knowing full well that everything that cometh from the human mouth is filtered and an crafted lie.
That which is perceiveth and thrown into words and uttered is filtered by that very organ to which Jesus fought with and is hereby proclaim Satan or the Human Mind.

But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

The 'Ultimate Truth'? Existence exists.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Right now, I want you to breakdown step-by-step, or crunched down to your best, the very best possible explanation you have at this moment, of the secrets of life and the universe, and what they resonate to you....
Sure!

Number one: Jesus is a real Jew who gets crucified by the real Roman guards, much like over 30,000 other Jews.

Number two: Jesus advocates peace with the Romans and coexisting even under their dominance.

Number three: History is filled with the bodies and wishes of the innocent.

Number four: peaceful resistance against violence is the only thing that has given us the chance to live the amazing way we do now. For millennia people lived believing war to be awesome and the best way to insure progress, but we live in a world proving the opposite. The false beliefs in superiority of breeding and superiority through battle both have been disproven but only through the courage and imagination of people willing to stand for principles at the cost of their own lives. They stuck to their guns which were not guns but better. The pen proved mightier than the sword if the person was not merely writing but gave their all.

Torchbearer33

...the very best possible explanation you have at this moment, of the secrets of life and the universe...
... you should have no problem freely expressing your ultimate picture of the universe unscrutinized and unscrupulous

I quote a recent sermon:
We’ve reached the point as a species where we are able to consciously evolve, be it as an individual or as a collective. We can observe a kind of evolution that occurs not so much biologically, but in higher refinement of the memetic faculty, which flows on down through to the body. The will of the individual dictates its biological modus operandi.
God put humans at the center of existence. The great human drama is all that ever happens in the cosmos. There is nothing more powerful than humans in all creation except for God.
Reality is a co-creation between humanity and God. When humanity all think the same thing together at the same time, it will have greater control to affect the fabric of reality.
When conscious evolution causes us to perceive the flow of time as going backwards and the magnetic poles flip and we enter the fourth dimension, then we'll have curved back around the other side of the lemniscate-shaped mobius strip of spacetime and we'll be going back through history, doing it all again only a little bit better, a bit of the cancer will have been flicked out, we’re ironing it all out, see, ironing out the crinkles in history, until we get it all right and finally get to experience the ultimate ecstasy of experiencing the ultimacy of humanity through the experience of one perfect life and the end of history, one life at the very end that is so perfect, that makes up for every bit of sorrow and hurt and anger and pain, that one immortal life that rules over them all, and we'll all be there, in that body, all our consciousnesses will be amalgamated into that life, and we'll feel the perfection of Oneness.

And at the very end, after 'doing it all' for lack of specifics, after 'living life to the fullest' and experiencing the best that human existence has to offer, we, the future messiah, will be in our massive space dome over the earth with all power and all glory and it completely slips our mind, we inhale sharply as we realise it upon the very instant it happens, as we swallow our blood from the grail we made all those lifetimes ago, when we started the game of existence and made the rules before we got lost along the way.

And the whole thing will be so excellent, at the zenith of the game of life, of having a body and living in the Kingdom and being human, that once you’ve experienced it to its depth, its very core, once youve known it and lived it in the knowledge of who you really are, that you are at the centre of existence, the whole thing is so fantastic that it has completely slipped our minds when we actually drink the blood from the cup and end the game and wake up back in the folds of existence where there is no time nor space, there is only us, God, the collective consciousness of the universe, all together experiencing everything as one, standing there, and all that's left apart from us is all the excess alternative possibilities of the universe, all the bits of cancer that we've risen above, they're still there, saying, “No, it’s not all just you, without us, there is no you!” and runs away, looking for another time, another place, another chance to exist.

Frog

Cult of Kek.
Ah. Another substanceless, meaningless platitude. Gotcha. Boy, whoever coined "make America great again" sure saw you coming.
You guys HAHA always looking for an answer outside of yourself. You are the sole universal machine used to experience your own reality. And yet you expect other machines to manufacture your ideas for you.
Absolute truth cannot be explained through the lens of the human mind. The mind is false.
It must be witnessed and experienced. Thus find it yourself

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even if it is witnessed and experienced, the information is going to be processed by mind. Finding yourself or finding truth is through mind only. No way out. :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Right now, I want you to breakdown step-by-step, or crunched down to your best, the very best possible explanation you have at this moment, of the secrets of life and the universe, and what they resonate to you.

8021f20051dc1009ea875edfd50b905b.jpg

If everything is relative and sits under the lamp of truth, which is absolute,

Truth
the quality or state of being true.
that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

Truth is often not absolute. Example, "it is true that this blade of grass is precisely 4.359cm long". By tomorrow that blade of grass will have grown therefore the statement will be false.

Segev Moran

By definition, truth is not "absolute," it is a relational statement. The map is not the territory.
That is not true ( ;) )
Truth is always objective or it wouldn't be truth.

I'l explain:

This statement: 2 + 2 = 4, in mathematics, is an absolute truth. if it wasn't so, non of our sciences would've worked.
This doesn't mean a truth cannot change.
So it is truth that all earth inhabitants are affected by a force we call gravity.
No matter how you look at it, it is true.
It can change at some point, but it is an absolute truth.
Don't mix it up with assumptions that cannot be validated as truth.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Relative true statements can, but truth itself? Never.
'Truth itself' is simply correspondence with reality. Truth is objective but nonetheless changes with our understanding of reality.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This statement: 2 + 2 = 4, in mathematics, is an absolute truth.
In maths, 'true' means 'correct according to the rules of the system'. It's only 'absolute' in the sense that if the elements are correctly expressed and the process (here, addition) is correctly carried out, the result will be necessarily be the same each time. That's why we could make adding machines and can make calculators - process, not discretion, is required.

Numbers such as 'two' and 'four' and 'pi' are concepts, not things, and your equation is not a statement about reality but a statement about concepts within a reasoned system. It is only true within that system.

Any instantiation of '2 + 2' will be the result of a process of human selection and deeming, not a statement about reality as such. Two trees together with two other trees will give four trees only after a human brain has perceived a real situation, has decided trees are relevant, has determined that THIS tree and THIS tree are relevant, and THAT tree and THAT tree are relevant: only within such a mentally constructed frame is this an instantiation of the abstraction '2 + 2'.

But if I have a jug that holds two pints, and a can that holds three pints, and I fill the jug twice and empty it into the can, 2 + 2 = 3 for all useful purposes. That's not a trick ─ it just underlines that without a brain imposing a conceptual frame no sums can be done, whether real (these trees and those trees) or purely conceptual (2 + 2).

Neuropteron

.”[/I]

The congregator sought to find .....accurate words of truth.
The conclusion...everything having been heard is:
Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man.....
Eccl 12

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
This statement: 2 + 2 = 4, in mathematics, is an absolute truth. if it wasn't so, non of our sciences would've worked.

This is a truth in mathematics in the same way that 'bishops move along diagonals' is a truth in chess. It is mainly a truth because of the assumptions that we make and the rules of engagement that we agree to. In this case, the proof is very simple from basic assumptions concerning addition and the numbers 2 and 4, but it does require proof and that proof relies on assumptions.

In any given situation the *real world*, those assumptions for the mathematical proof may or may not be applicable and hence the result may or may not be useful. For example, if you have 2 quarts of liquid in one container and 2 quarts of a different liquid in another container and you add the contents of the two containers into another, you may not get a total of 4 quarts of liquid. In fact, if the containers contain water and alcohol (ethyl), then you *will not* get 4 quarts, but a bit less.

Another example: if you collide one proton with another proton, you may well get something quite different than 2 protons out. It is quite possible to get, say, 5 protons, 3 anti-protons, and a mess of pions. Once again, the simplistic equation 2+2=4 simply does not apply in the real world situation.

The point is that math is a formal system (like a chess game). It has axioms (starting positions) and rules of deduction (rules for how pieces move) and those can determine later positions (mathematical truths). But the formal system may or may not apply in the real world. The good thing about math is that it is a very complex and expressive formal language and so can adapt to be used in a great many situations. But to regard its conclusions as absolute truth is a mistake (in my mind, as a professional mathematician).

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
That is not true ( ;) )
Truth is always objective or it wouldn't be truth.

I'l explain:

This doesn't mean a truth cannot change.
So it is truth that all earth inhabitants are affected by a force we call gravity.
No matter how you look at it, it is true.
It can change at some point, but it is an absolute truth.
Don't mix it up with assumptions that cannot be validated as truth.
These are still relational statements.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
*Doh*
I just realized this is the Seeker's Circle of interfaith discussion, not debate. I shall cease debate.

PureX

Veteran Member
The good thing about math is that it is a very complex and expressive formal language and so can adapt to be used in a great many situations. But to regard its conclusions as absolute truth is a mistake (in my mind, as a professional mathematician).
Just to simplify your explanation: logically, the only way any two things can be "absolutely equal" (a basic tenet of mathematics) is if they are the SAME THING. In which case the comparison, itself, then becomes illogical. Math is a method of representing existence using a set of ideological absolutes, like infinity, equality, zero, and so on. But as with any language, it's only applicable to existential reality to the degree that we are willing to ignore how it is NOT applicable.

PureX

Veteran Member
But if I have a jug that holds two pints, and a can that holds three pints, and I fill the jug twice and empty it into the can, 2 + 2 = 3 for all useful purposes. That's not a trick ─ it just underlines that without a brain imposing a conceptual frame no sums can be done, whether real (these trees and those trees) or purely conceptual (2 + 2).
But we should also acknowledge that when we apply such 'absolutist' reasoning to actuality with the intent of discovering or validating a "truth", we are presuming that functionality equals truth. And logically, there really is no basis for making such an assumption (though we humans do it all the time).

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But we should also acknowledge that when we apply such 'absolutist' reasoning to actuality
In what sense 'absolutist'?
with the intent of discovering or validating a "truth" we are presuming that functionality equals truth.
I don't think functionality equals truth (though perhaps I misunderstand the point you're making). I think a statement is true to the extent that it corresponds with / accurately reflects / conforms with, objective reality.

atanu

Premium Member
Right now, I want you to breakdown step-by-step, ...

But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a hindrance to me. For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man.”

The truth cannot be handed over since it is not an object. It can be realised by getting back -- by bringing back the mind to its source.