• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting permanent results?

agorman

Premium Member
I don't know if this is the right forum for this post, so if moderators want to move it to another one, that's fine for me.

I've experimented with religions, magic and meditation for many years and I still couldn't find the solution for this problem; how do you get permanent results?

Let's say I meditate repeating "I am perfect health" 108 times per day, for a month. It has results, I feel better, some health problems get solved, everything fine and dandy.

The next month I meditate with "I am perfect supply" and it also works. But my health slowly goes back to normal.

So it doesn't matter the practice or the path, whether I perform rituals, recite mantras, do spells, say prayers, etc. I can't get permanent results. I can't achieve goal A then B, then C... Because as soon as I start working on B, A slowly gets back to 0%.

And I knew about other people who has the same problem. That's no way to progress in life, because as soon as I stop practicing what I did, everything gets back to the pathetic normality. I wonder if we have some basic mind programming acquired when we were children or adolescent, something that is too strong to overcome permanently.

The only answers I got from gods and buddhas in my long quest are "you have to practice long enough to make it permanent" (how long is long enough?), "channels must be unblocked" (nadis) or "if everything's got back to normal is because you didn't learn something" but I find those answers are not enough.

Despite I left Hinduism years ago, I can say I only got a few permanent results with Krishna, Hanuman and Ganesh. Krishna restored my sense of smell and gave me a small power of reading the personality of someone just by seeing him or her. And I'm never short of coins in my wallet. Small favors; maybe few favours for so much meditation time. Anyway, I'm grateful and thanks to Hanuman, drivers respect me as a pedestrian. Thanks to Ganesh I have a better voice than before and he got me out from an existential crisis. But I don't really want to go back to Hinduism.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
All I can recommend is to stay realistic don't sugarcoat things and create false expectations.

You will be healthier and better off for doing so.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know if this is the right forum for this post, so if moderators want to move it to another one, that's fine for me.

I've experimented with religions, magic and meditation for many years and I still couldn't find the solution for this problem; how do you get permanent results?

Let's say I meditate repeating "I am perfect health" 108 times per day, for a month. It has results, I feel better, some health problems get solved, everything fine and dandy.

The next month I meditate with "I am perfect supply" and it also works. But my health slowly goes back to normal.

So it doesn't matter the practice or the path, whether I perform rituals, recite mantras, do spells, say prayers, etc. I can't get permanent results. I can't achieve goal A then B, then C... Because as soon as I start working on B, A slowly gets back to 0%.

And I knew about other people who has the same problem. That's no way to progress in life, because as soon as I stop practicing what I did, everything gets back to the pathetic normality. I wonder if we have some basic mind programming acquired when we were children or adolescent, something that is too strong to overcome permanently.

The only answers I got from gods and buddhas in my long quest are "you have to practice long enough to make it permanent" (how long is long enough?), "channels must be unblocked" (nadis) or "if everything's got back to normal is because you didn't learn something" but I find those answers are not enough.

Despite I left Hinduism years ago, I can say I only got a few permanent results with Krishna, Hanuman and Ganesh. Krishna restored my sense of smell and gave me a small power of reading the personality of someone just by seeing him or her. And I'm never short of coins in my wallet. Small favors; maybe few favours for so much meditation time. Anyway, I'm grateful and thanks to Hanuman, drivers respect me as a pedestrian. Thanks to Ganesh I have a better voice than before and he got me out from an existential crisis. But I don't really want to go back to Hinduism.

Unfortunately, depending on the health issue, meditation is simply not going to heal them. It may reduce stress or give you some dopamine or serotonin to boost pleasant feelings, reduce pain, etc. but it's not a viable tool for healing serious medical conditions. Seek licensed professional medical help for medical conditions.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The only answers I got from gods and buddhas in my long quest are "you have to practice long enough to make it permanent" (how long is long enough?)
According to Malcolm Gladwell ("Outliers: The Story of Success"), "long enough" for success in just about everything is 10,000 hours.

(PS; he's been debunked, as you'd expect.)

agorman

Premium Member
Unfortunately, depending on the health issue, meditation is simply not going to heal them. It may reduce stress or give you some dopamine or serotonin to boost pleasant feelings, reduce pain, etc. but it's not a viable tool for healing serious medical conditions. Seek licensed professional medical help for medical conditions.

You'd be surprised. Most of the times the effects of the energy released with meditation (and other methods) not always solve the problem directly, but changing how the Universe organizes around you. i.e. you may find exactly the doctor or the herb you need, you may finaly make the change of habits you needed, etc.

About being healed with meditation, I mentioned in my post that Krishna restored my sense of smell (doctors couldn't solve that one). And that was through meditation and it was permanent. But I just wonder why my other problems were not solved forever.

Shad

Veteran Member

This is called a placebo.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You'd be surprised. Most of the times the effects of the energy released with meditation (and other methods) not always solve the problem directly, but changing how the Universe organizes around you. i.e. you may find exactly the doctor or the herb you need, you may finaly make the change of habits you needed, etc.

About being healed with meditation, I mentioned in my post that Krishna restored my sense of smell (doctors couldn't solve that one). And that was through meditation and it was permanent. But I just wonder why my other problems were not solved forever.

Fascinating, how did you determine that Krishna restored your sense of smell?

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

Are you serious?

To me the problem is glaring me right in the face, and you claim you have no idea what is "wrong".

For starters, you cannot sit there doing nothing but "meditate" for good health. You have to take charge and learn to eat the right foods so your body can develop good health. You also MUST exercise a lot EVERY DAY.

And I have no idea what meditating on "I am perfect supply" is suppose to mean or accomplish either. It sounds a lot like the meaningless "prayer" that also does nothing.

If you truly want a "better life" then you really need to some serious pondering on who you really are and what you want out of life, then CHANGE and DO what needs to be done. There is no religion, prayer, pill, or anything else that will magically do it for you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

If you want the result you're looking for, you have to practice it every day, all the time, there are no shortcuts to the result, but remember it is not the end result that is important now, it is the moment you are that is important, what you do today create tomorrow so to speak.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Eat properly and healthily , exercise regularly, which means less sitting around meditating and more actually doing something.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The naysayers in this thread can spout whatever rhetoric they will, but it has been my experience that the mind controls the body, and the body's wellness (or lack thereof) can be modified through intent.

That said, medical professionals should be consulted for any medical conditions.

amorphous_constellation

It seems like those things are are tools to ease and guide us through reality as long the use of them is properly maintained. In exchange for being bound by the rules of those things , we then supposedly access the greater physical or metaphysical luck which emanates from them. Even if only subtle and small things are gained, such things surely add up over the course of a lifetime. This is obviously where people draw the line in the sand sometimes, and question the reality of things which are spiritually significant. They are free to do so, but I think maybe they are less careful than those whom are more spiritually aware.

I wonder if we have some basic mind programming acquired when we were children or adolescent, something that is too strong to overcome permanently.

The types of societies we grow up in do indeed affect the individual in my opinion. If I feel that influences around me are negative, then ultimately I do my own thing more

Last edited:

agorman

Premium Member
This is called a placebo.

Do you know of any placebos that last for more than 10 years?

Fascinating, how did you determine that Krishna restored your sense of smell?

OK I'll tell you what I remember. One day I was meditating listening at a recording of the Harinama mantra and I fell in a trance. I was in the same room while in the trance. Radha and Krishna flew from the picture holder, changed size and entered into one of my nostrils. Then I was seeing what was happening inside my nose; which was a temple I'd never seen before, with grey-blue stone walls, not very decorated. So in the astral plane there was a temple in a cave, inside my nose (!). There was a path to some kind of altar with figures I can't recognize. The temple seemed very old and the engravings were worn out. There were two demons blocking the path; two guardians as you'd see in Indian religious movies. Radha and Krishna demanded the guardians to move away from the path and they answered "No, who are you to enter here?". Krishna smiled and keeping his smile he killed the two guardian demons with a spear. Krishna said to Radha "It's done" and flew away from the temple/cave, out of my nostril, into the portrait holder and I woke up. After that, I had my sense of smell back. Forever.

I wonder if the two demons were some kind of metaphor for a disease.

Indian culture has so many wonderful things. But I find it hard to concentrate on Indian things; I don't like the esthetics of it. Sooner or later I feel the need of Celtic things; I feel at home with Celtic stuff. But Celtic gods hate my guts; gave me nightmares!

For starters, you cannot sit there doing nothing but "meditate" for good health. You have to take charge and learn to eat the right foods so your body can develop good health. You also MUST exercise a lot EVERY DAY.

You're right on that one, although I always feel frustrated when taking physical measures; since the solution is really a matter of changing the mind to change your life. We're always looking for external things to solve our problems, when the root of our problems is inside.

And I have no idea what meditating on "I am perfect supply" is suppose to mean or accomplish either. It sounds a lot like the meaningless "prayer" that also does nothing.

Well when you say "I am", your true self vibrates. The rest of the affirmation qualifies that vibration. That is the way you change the energy your true self is emitting. Elementals and other divine beings are the ones who maintain our reality; the "Matrix" or Maya. They act according to the energy you emit. Too bad I still haven't found the way to permanently change my mind so my vibration is improved forever.

If you truly want a "better life" then you really need to some serious pondering on who you really are and what you want out of life, then CHANGE and DO what needs to be done. There is no religion, prayer, pill, or anything else that will magically do it for you.

Look I have two professions and can't get a job, mainly because of my age (43). Argentina is a hard country to make a living; half of the population lives of government doles (20 million people). So doing something external to improve my situation has a very limited impact, if company owners just hire friends and family. If I wanted to emigrate, other countries are looking for much more qualified personnel than I am. Even if I'd study more courses, companies only want people with many years of proven experience.

I think I'll try to work as a witch; casting runes and spreading cards, etc. The problem is, I'm not clairvoyant. And I don't want to be a swindler.

I also thought of suicide, but I would reincarnate and keep suffering, so that's out of the question.

I suppose you can understand why I recur to spiritual solutions. Everything else is just waiting at home with my old parents to end up on the streets and die. BTW, I don't qualify for Government help either.

If you want the result you're looking for, you have to practice it every day, all the time, there are no shortcuts to the result

Ok but it's like building on sand; as soon as I work on building a new castle, the other gets destroyed by the sea and the wind. Otherwise I'd be in a very different situation.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you know of any placebos that last for more than 10 years?

OK I'll tell you what I remember. One day I was meditating listening at a recording of the Harinama mantra and I fell in a trance. I was in the same room while in the trance. Radha and Krishna flew from the picture holder, changed size and entered into one of my nostrils. Then I was seeing what was happening inside my nose; which was a temple I'd never seen before, with grey-blue stone walls, not very decorated. So in the astral plane there was a temple in a cave, inside my nose (!). There was a path to some kind of altar with figures I can't recognize. The temple seemed very old and the engravings were worn out. There were two demons blocking the path; two guardians as you'd see in Indian religious movies. Radha and Krishna demanded the guardians to move away from the path and they answered "No, who are you to enter here?". Krishna smiled and keeping his smile he killed the two guardian demons with a spear. Krishna said to Radha "It's done" and flew away from the temple/cave, out of my nostril, into the portrait holder and I woke up. After that, I had my sense of smell back. Forever.

I wonder if the two demons were some kind of metaphor for a disease.

Thanks for sharing this. How did you determine from this experience that it was the actual deity Krishna who gave you your sense of smell back? If the demons were metaphorical, perhaps the figure you identified as Krishna was, too?

agorman

Premium Member
How did you determine from this experience that it was the actual deity Krishna who gave you your sense of smell back?

Who else could have been? I was meditating with the Harinama mantra: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare". I've heard 108, sometimes 216 repetitions per day or more. Some days I reached up to 4 rounds. Some people recite 16 rounds, but I think that's overkill, especially for us occidentals.

If the demons were metaphorical, perhaps the figure you identified as Krishna was, too?

Sometimes I think Krishna could have created the whole scenario as a metaphor of my healing.

But the appearance of a god is always symbolic, if not a metaphor. AFAIK they build energy bodies in other planes as needed. Every devotee has one copy of Krishna (or more) at his disposal. And I could say the same about Jesus or any other deity. It's an easy trick for them.

And I swear I could never have imagined such a thing. I still find the idea of a temple in my nose to be somewhat ridiculous. But I know there are things in other planes/dimensions that aren't on the physical one (chakras for example).

Anyway, you probably know the idea of demons causing diseases is very old, from Shamanic times.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Tell me if I'm misunderstanding you: you have tried various religious approaches to achieve good health, but nothing works long term; your bad health inevitably returns.

First, let me say that I'm so very sorry you have chronic health problems. I know what it is like to have serious problems that don't go away, how draining it is, how frustrating, etc.

There is no magic in religion. Prayer is a request -- sometimes the answer is yes, and sometimes the answer is no. When the answer is no, the best response is to pray for the strength and patience to deal with the problem in one's life.

One doesn't become religious in order to "get" things. God is not Santa Claus. One becomes religious in order to become a better person despite the problems in one's life. My suggestion to you is to look for a religion that will help you be the best person you can be in spite of your health problems.

dfnj

Only as a fully trained Jedi will you be strong enough to face the emperor:

https://www.amazon.com/King-Warrior-Magician-Lover-Rediscovering/dp/0062506064

Once you've figured out how to make your own light saber, then you will need to find a quest:

You need to follow the sequence outlined in the video in order to make it permanent.

For physical health problems that will not go away then smoke a lot marijuana and try not to blame God.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Who else could have been? I was meditating with the Harinama mantra: "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare". I've heard 108, sometimes 216 repetitions per day or more. Some days I reached up to 4 rounds. Some people recite 16 rounds, but I think that's overkill, especially for us occidentals.

How did you conclude it was a who instead of a what?

Sometimes I think Krishna could have created the whole scenario as a metaphor of my healing.

Or maybe your brain created Krishna as a metaphor for your healing.