• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From The Heart of an Honest Muslim!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I'm considering stopping putting up with you until you decide that you may be right and me wrong. What do you think?

Why don't you teach me about truth? I'm not all knowing, nowhere near it. What would you like to share? I'm listening. I've always got too much to say worse than a babbling brook.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
One could help others with comparing/sharing one's notes with others to find the truth.
Regards

It's a privilege to share. What about some questions anyone may have about anything and I'll try and give an answer from a Baha'i, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Zoroastrian, Buddhist, aetheist, humanist perspective?

I don't know what everyone's thought are but questions are a good way to find out.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You already know about truth, but perhaps not enough about accepting it and being at peace with it.

I only understand very little not much. I just talk a lot but that doesn't mean I have all truth or am knowledgable. I just love to share that's all.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I live abroad in a non-muslim country and i rarely go to the mosque.
I never heard anything such as demonizing or cursing non-muslims.

Maybe @Smart_Guy @Godobeyer @FearGod @Shia Islam @Sakeenah @Gharib and the others who live in muslim countries or non muslims can tell us about the Friday sermons they assist to.

By the way i watch different sermons on tv the friday and never heard that kind of things : algerian tv, tunisian tv, saudi chanel, egyptian chanel, sudan chanel (not private chanels but national chanels)

We kicked out the Jews with no compensation or mercy from most of the Arab countries to make them "Jews-free countries" while Israel accepted more than a million Arabs to live there, have their own nationality, and enjoy their rights as human beings. In Israel, women cannot be beaten legally by men, and any person can change his/her belief system with no fear of being killed by the Islamic law of 'apostasy,' while in our Islamic world people do not enjoy any of these rights.

This is interesting because i don't know enought about this subject.
As i said i'm from the maghreb, in this region we used to have more jews than christians contrary to Egypt and the Middle east, and we didn't kicked out jews from our countries, except Algeria but if i understood well it's because they were in the french's side during the independance war.
I know that in Egypt they forced them to go, but in the maghreb they are like any other citizens and they have their rights.

I remember one day a jew (from Morroco) said that some bombings were made by israelis because they wanted to force them to go to Israel.

So that's why i don't like how his "doctor" is talking, as we are "one", as we acted or think the same.
each country/region is different and have a different history.

So we are liars, thanks "doctor"

By the way, algerians lost around 200,000 people during the 90's because of terrorism.
I knew many algerian friends who went to their country during their time to see their family and some who lived in the mountain or little cities said that they didn't have the choice and sometimes were afraid. In particular because the terrorist used to desguise in false police officer and block the road to people to kill them.

So no, we didn't sympathized with the terrorists because terrorism didn't start in 9/11 against 3,000 americans but in the 90's (and during 10 years) against 200,000 muslims.

According to what I see, in the Muslim countries where Non-Muslims are very small minorities, such as the Arab Gulf monarchies, People are not concerned about non-Muslims...

In these Muslim countries, where there there is a significant Shia Muslim minorities, all the hate speeches are targeting the Shiites, who are considered Non-Muslims by some extreme Salafi groups..

Also, in these countries, the Friday sermons are delivered by clerics connected to the regimes, which may be pursuing a "Divide and rule strategy"...

A main theme of many Friday sermons is pushing the Sunni majority to take an anti-Shiites and also anti-Iranian stance.

Politics and religious is mixed when it comes to these sermons...

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The issues covered in the email show some ignorance about Islam. Firstly in the Quran it is clearly established that self defense is the only form of fighting permitted. (2:190) That can be confirmed by any knowledgeable Muslim. Next, the age of A!isha. I have thoroughly investigated the matter and she was in fact 17-19 when Muhammad consumed the marriage. I encourage readers to buy the book A'isha from Amazon which is one of the books that proves this accusation to be false.

The beating of the wife. In the English version of the Quran the translation is wrong. 4:34 by many translators states 'beat' but later goes on to say not to harm. The word DARAB in Arabic has about 100 meanings and definitions. One of them is to 'separate' and that is the correct translation because if it said to beat it would have to stipulate what to beat and how long and with what and also when Muhammad had problems He would 'walk away' and separate for a while but never beat. What was meant was to separate from the wife.

It appears this letter is from a person who uses an English Quran and is not very conversant with Islam as they claim on the one hand to be an apologist but on the other go on about A'ishah when every true Muslim would defend the Mother of Islam and many are doing now. The letter claims to be an apology to try and make Islam look better but in reality it does more harm to Islam by reminding people of unpleasant accusations. It's like say "I'm sorry Jesus got angry at the money changers and overthrew tables. It was wrong and he shouldn't have done that" instead of trying to CLEAR up the misunderstanding. A true Muslim would try and clear up the misunderstanding as these things are all false accusations and I have proved that to myself. There is no need to be ashamed and apologise just clear the misunderstand up.
Or perhaps you completely missed the point of the article in your rush to defend yourse.... I mean Islam?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Or perhaps you completely missed the point of the article in your rush to defend yourse.... I mean Islam?

He doesn't have to say or do anything to win back respect for his religion. Those of us that know what true Islam is know that the foul deeds committed in Islam's name have nothing to do with Islam.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
He doesn't have to say or do anything to win back respect for his religion. Those of us that know what true Islam is know that the foul deeds committed in Islam's name have nothing to do with Islam.
I wonder if the target audience of the article is non-Muslims or perhaps maybe Muslims?
Especially given the rampant denial so popular amongst Muslims....

muhammad_isa

I like to use the United Nations Declaration on Human Rights (UNDHR), as my baseline.

That's fine .. but I'll think you'll find that they're flouted regularly .. and not just by non-secular states.
I would agree that protecting human rights is social progress. The world we live in today is changing rapidly .. I doubt whether things will improve if/when world war raises its ugly head once more

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
That's fine .. but I'll think you'll find that they're flouted regularly .. and not just by non-secular states.
I would agree that protecting human rights is social progress. The world we live in today is changing rapidly .. I doubt whether things will improve if/when world war raises its ugly head once more

I wish I could direct foreign policies. Given that I can't, at least not directly, what I can do is stand for something and criticize those who deprive people of their human rights.