• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From The Heart of an Honest Muslim!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
By the way i watch different sermons on tv the friday and never heard that kind of things : algerian tv, tunisian tv, saudi chanel, egyptian chanel, sudan chanel (not private chanels but national chanels)

That's a very good point. Those bashing Islam and Muslims in this department mostly don't know Arabic, yet have the face to use it against Muslims and Islam just because of a couple of translated videos generalizing it to all.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I live abroad in a non-muslim country and i rarely go to the mosque.
I never heard anything such as demonizing or cursing non-muslims.

Maybe @Smart_Guy @Godobeyer @FearGod @Shia Islam @Sakeenah @Gharib and the others who live in muslim countries or non muslims can tell us about the Friday sermons they assist to.

By the way i watch different sermons on tv the friday and never heard that kind of things : algerian tv, tunisian tv, saudi chanel, egyptian chanel, sudan chanel (not private chanels but national chanels)

We kicked out the Jews with no compensation or mercy from most of the Arab countries to make them "Jews-free countries" while Israel accepted more than a million Arabs to live there, have their own nationality, and enjoy their rights as human beings. In Israel, women cannot be beaten legally by men, and any person can change his/her belief system with no fear of being killed by the Islamic law of 'apostasy,' while in our Islamic world people do not enjoy any of these rights.

This is interesting because i don't know enought about this subject.
As i said i'm from the maghreb, in this region we used to have more jews than christians contrary to Egypt and the Middle east, and we didn't kicked out jews from our countries, except Algeria but if i understood well it's because they were in the french's side during the independance war.
I know that in Egypt they forced them to go, but in the maghreb they are like any other citizens and they have their rights.

I remember one day a jew (from Morroco) said that some bombings were made by israelis because they wanted to force them to go to Israel.

So that's why i don't like how his "doctor" is talking, as we are "one", as we acted or think the same.
each country/region is different and have a different history.

So we are liars, thanks "doctor"

By the way, algerians lost around 200,000 people during the 90's because of terrorism.
I knew many algerian friends who went to their country during their time to see their family and some who lived in the mountain or little cities said that they didn't have the choice and sometimes were afraid. In particular because the terrorist used to desguise in false police officer and block the road to people to kill them.

So no, we didn't sympathized with the terrorists because terrorism didn't start in 9/11 against 3,000 americans but in the 90's (and during 10 years) against 200,000 muslims.

I believe religion is a free choice, God gave us the free choice then no one should force us otherwise.

Muslims has different views, no one is alike even in a one state.

Muslims, Christians and Jews lived for hundreds of years in the same lands and no one was killed
or punished for not choosing Islam otherwise we won't see a Christian in the Arab lands or a Church.

That being said, all what he had said is utterly stupid, i believe he was paid for it.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
To be far, the West should apologize to everyone for destroying multiple countries in the Muslim world and facilitating, arming and funding many of these radical Jihadist groups through a strategy of proxy wars, including being BFFs with the biggest funder and source of Sunni Islamism and violent Jihad - Saudi Arabia, while seeking to destroy the governments of the more secular Muslim nations (Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad, etc.).

So let's not get all self-righteous.

I'd say leaders from all over the world have a lot of apologizing to do. That said, I'm not responsible for any country's foreign policies, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize problems. And remember criticizing one religion is completely independent of the quality of other religions. As it happens, I'm also quite critical of Christianity, but that criticism is separate - there is no need for criticism to be balanced. A problem is a problem.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Maybe @Smart_Guy @Godobeyer @FearGod @Shia Islam @Sakeenah @Gharib and the others who live in muslim countries or non muslims can tell us about the Friday sermons they assist to.
Friday prayer is talking about how the Muslims doing good deeds and avoid doing bad deeds, and obeying God

By the way, algerians lost around 200,000 people during the 90's because of terrorism.
I knew many algerian friends who went to their country during their time to see their family and some who lived in the mountain or little cities said that they didn't have the choice and sometimes were afraid. In particular because the terrorist used to desguise in false police officer and block the road to people to kill them.

So no, we didn't sympathized with the terrorists because terrorism didn't start in 9/11 against 3,000 americans but in the 90's (and during 10 years) against 200,000 muslims.
That's true Algeria suffered from terrorism , now thanks to God we are almost clean and security .

When Algeria was screaming nobody listen us . until 9/11.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I believe religion is a free choice, God gave us the free choice then no one should force us otherwise.

Muslims has different views, no one is alike even in a one state.

Muslims, Christians and Jews lived for hundreds of years in the same lands and no one was killed
or punished for not choosing Islam otherwise we won't see a Christian in the Arab lands or a Church.

That being said, all what he had said is utterly stupid, i believe he was paid for it.

I'm sorry, I think your understanding of history is quite inaccurate. As best as I can summarize, I would say that over Christianity's 2000 years it has between 200 to 300 million murders on its hands. AND, in Islam's 1400 years it ALSO has 200 to 300 million murders on it's hands. These are both very bloody religions. (If you disagree, start by looking into the 80 million Hindus murdered by Muslims over the course of hundreds of years.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't think it can very well fail to be about Islam, as long as there is so much insistence that Islam is perfect and must have no internal questioning.

I'd say leaders from all over the world have a lot of apologizing to do. That said, I'm not responsible for any country's foreign policies, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize problems. And remember criticizing one religion is completely independent of the quality of other religions. As it happens, I'm also quite critical of Christianity, but that criticism is separate - there is no need criticism to be balanced. A problem is a problem.
Neither one of you are seeing the forests for the trees. Yeah, Islam has problems but all religions have problems, including non-religious worldviews. The common denominator is flawed humans. My own religion has been misused and abused throughout the last two millenia to rationalize evil behavior. There are some religions that can be said to be harmful in of themselves, but those are usually relatively small cults or breakaway sects that have given into extremism (eg. ISIS, Creativity, Christian Identity, Kahanism, etc.). But when you're dealing with very old, global religious traditions, generalizations aren't very helpful since Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. are all actually just umbrella terms for belief systems that have extremely divergent viewpoints despite having a common foundation/source. For example, I have some superficial things in common with a Jehovah's Witness but I actually have far, far more things in common with a Buddhist peace activist.

**staff edit**

You're either for peace, striving to understand and unity or you aren't. Make your own choice. As for me, my God tells me to love others even if it hurts me, just as He ended up getting hurt by the ones He came to love. So I will strive to do my best at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I beg to differ. It is simply not fair nor proper to ignore the peculiar characteristics of the Qur'an and of the established Muslim communities.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'm sorry, I think your understanding of history is quite inaccurate. As best as I can summarize, I would say that over Christianity's 2000 years it has between 200 to 300 million murders on its hands. AND, in Islam's 1400 years it ALSO has 200 to 300 million murders on it's hands. These are both very bloody religions. (If you disagree, start by looking into the 80 million Hindus murdered by Muslims over the course of hundreds of years.)

What's your legitimate source for the number of deaths.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Uhm not really. The years after 9/11, millions of muslims were slaughtered by the Americans. I guess my compassion is with my brothers and sisters:(.
Maybe when muslims are not being haunted and killed by America, i would start feeling compassion for those 3000 that died on 9/11. I guess thats not gonna happen tho is it?

It seems like something your parents should have explained to you but compassion is not a competition. You don't have to choose one side or the other. You could feel compassion for the many, many Muslims who were killed after 9/11 as well as for the 3000 people who were just as senselessly slain by Islamic terrorists. Just because the Muslim world has lost more lives than America doesn't mean the American people shouldn't receive sympathy for the lives they have lost.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yeah, Islam has problems but all religions have problems, including non-religious worldviews.

The problem here is compounded by many factors. The highest illiteracy rates combined with tribalism combined with sectarian violence these the problems of this religion more then any other.

To give an accurate comparison, this is exactly like he fanaticism and fundamentalism of YEC. If all Christians were YEC would you say they needed to be corrected and have them address these serious problems?

IMHO the world is growing up ad around and leaving these people in the past. What was acceptable 100 years ago is not today. The world has progressed forward, yet this religion refuses to keep up. IMHO

outhouse

Atheistically

That is not typical history of these different religions, nor their normal behavior.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I dont think this is an answer to my question. This is an attempt to explain why muslims should all be held accountable for what others do.
Other than yourself, who has made the claim that muslims should all be held accountable for what others do?
The article in the OP didn't.
So I am curious as to why you have decided to make a big issue of this claim you make instead of addressing what was actually stated in the OP article.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The problem here is compounded by many factors. The highest illiteracy rates combined with tribalism combined with sectarian violence these the problems of this religion more then any other.

To give an accurate comparison, this is exactly like he fanaticism and fundamentalism of YEC. If all Christians were YEC would you say they needed to be corrected and have them address these serious problems?

IMHO the world is growing up ad around and leaving these people in the past. What was acceptable 100 years ago is not today. The world has progressed forward, yet this religion refuses to keep up. IMHO
Sorry, but I don't buy into the myth of "progress". The world is actually falling apart, not moving forward.

outhouse

Atheistically
Sorry, but I don't buy into the myth of "progress". The world is actually falling apart, not moving forward.

That is personal opinion, not one that reflects the current state of academia.

The world factually is moving forward, it matters not, if you don't want to process that information.

muhammad_isa

I understand what you mean .. but you can't deny that there has been great progress in technology.
Some people seem to think that scientific progress has all the answers to provide us with utopia.
..if only it were true! :(