• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From The Heart of an Honest Muslim!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Muslims are good people. The problem in the world is lack of spiritually across the board. Ego and self rule the roost . Instead of godliness and virtues, corruption and political aspirations tear our world apart. Money, trillions of $, instead of going into bettering the life of people is invested in killing machines.

Baha'is understand that we cannot 'save' the world. We can only build a new world civilisation based upon human rights, moral, ethic and spiritual teachings that is all inclusive and accepts all people, races, nationalities and religionists as equals.

"That all nations should become one in faith and all men as brothers; that the bonds of affection and unity between the sons of men should be strengthened; that diversity of religion should cease, and differences of race be annulled—what harm is there in this?… Yet so it shall be; these fruitless strifes, these ruinous wars shall pass away, and the ‘Most Great Peace’ shall come" Baha'u'llah

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You are beautiful people here. Thank you so much for allowing me to share my views. If I posted in Iran what I'm posting here I would be imprisoned for 10-20 years for 'spreading corruption on earth'. The Iranian leader on a recent visit to Italy said "all religions must be respected" . At the same time our shops are closed down, we are refused entry into universities and our dead are refused burial rights so how can a person go on and say we must respect all religions when they are oppressing the largest religious minority in their own country???

http://iranpresswatch.org

I know you are good because you treat people humanely here. And I thank you because to have the right to share is so precious to me.

Shad

Veteran Member
The issues covered in the email show some ignorance about Islam. Firstly in the Quran it is clearly established that self defense is the only form of fighting permitted. (2:190) That can be confirmed by any knowledgeable Muslim. Next, the age of A!isha. I have thoroughly investigated the matter and she was in fact 17-19 when Muhammad consumed the marriage. I encourage readers to buy the book A'isha from Amazon which is one of the books that proves this accusation to be false.

The beating of the wife. In the English version of the Quran the translation is wrong. 4:34 by many translators states 'beat' but later goes on to say not to harm. The word DARAB in Arabic has about 100 meanings and definitions. One of them is to 'separate' and that is the correct translation because if it said to beat it would have to stipulate what to beat and how long and with what and also when Muhammad had problems He would 'walk away' and separate for a while but never beat. What was meant was to separate from the wife.

It appears this letter is from a person who uses an English Quran and is not very conversant with Islam as they claim on the one hand to be an apologist but on the other go on about A'ishah when every true Muslim would defend the Mother of Islam and many are doing now. The letter claims to be an apology to try and make Islam look better but in reality it does more harm to Islam by reminding people of unpleasant accusations. It's like say "I'm sorry Jesus got angry at the money changers and overthrew tables. It was wrong and he shouldn't have done that" instead of trying to CLEAR up the misunderstanding. A true Muslim would try and clear up the misunderstanding as these things are all false accusations and I have proved that to myself. There is no need to be ashamed and apologise just clear the misunderstand up.

This really goes to the major issue with Islam. In this day and age there are views within Islam that modern people reject. However due to infallibility principle many Muslims can not admit to these horrible ideas so must use whatever trick they can use to alter Islam to conform with modern views while still maintaining traditional principles. Each point mentioned by Love can and has been countered by authentic ahadith and tafsir. The ignorance is not within the OP but by the average meme Muslim.

morphesium

The author is making claims about what Muslims are being taught, and what things are shouted or said when Muslims gather. These claims are true to some degree. The question is, how often are these things occurring? An honest look into the frequency of such behaviors is incredibly important.
With ISIS supporters arising from almost all corners of the world from the muslim community, with a huge rate of violence, terrorism and suicide bombers - the figures are not good. What i am afraid is this - it is at the peaceful times that these people are making this kind of atrocities. They are spoon fed to make violence and kill all non-believers which is in accordance with koran in almost all religious classes.
They are just waiting, sharpening their swords - waiting for the time to come so that victory is easy for them.
Islam is a global threat to humanity.

muhammad_isa

With ISIS supporters arising from almost all corners of the world from the muslim community, with a huge rate of violence, terrorism and suicide bombers - the figures are not good. What i am afraid is this - it is at the peaceful times that these people are making this kind of atrocities. They are spoon fed to make violence and kill all non-believers which is in accordance with koran in almost all religious classes.
They are just waiting, sharpening their swords - waiting for the time to come so that victory is easy for them.
Islam is a global threat to humanity.

That's nonsense man .. you are just scaremongering.
The Qur'an does NOT teach to kill all non-believers. If it did, how come they didn't kill more when they were the dominant power in the world? It simply doesn't!

Evil is evil, regardless of religion. Do you think that ISIS will be successful? I don't..

The problem is that war breeds war! It needs sorting out. How? The answer to that is a LOT more complex.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
That's nonsense man .. you are just scaremongering.
The Qur'an does NOT teach to kill all non-believers. If it did, how come they didn't kill more when they were the dominant power in the world? It simply doesn't!

Evil is evil, regardless of religion. Do you think that ISIS will be successful? I don't..

The problem is that war breeds war! It needs sorting out. How? The answer to that is a LOT more complex.

What Islam DOES teach is that if non-believers choose not to convert, they can become perpetually humiliated, second class citizens: dhimmis.

muhammad_isa

What Islam DOES teach is that if non-believers choose not to convert, they can become perpetually humiliated, second class citizens: dhimmis.

Possibly .. but that is not due to Islamic law.
Even in today's world, the rate of tax varies from nation to nation.. Did you know that the rate of income tax in the Irish Republic is around 45%?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Some fanatics and regimes teach these things but the Quran does not. Also the Covenants Muhammad made with the Christians support religious freedom. Sadly, that is not the case today in many Islamic countries.

icehorse

Premium Member
Some fanatics and regimes teach these things but the Quran does not. Also the Covenants Muhammad made with the Christians support religious freedom. Sadly, that is not the case today in many Islamic countries.

Being a Dhimmi is more than just paying a tax, it means much more, all of it bad. As far as what the Quran teaches, it's quite possible that some of the details are left to the Hadith or Sunnah, but it's in Islamic scripture.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Possibly .. but that is not due to Islamic law.
Are you saying that dhimmitude is not dictated by the Qur'an?
Even in today's world, the rate of tax varies from nation to nation.. Did you know that the rate of income tax in the Irish Republic is around 45%?
Is it supposed to vary according to religious beliefs, though?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I fail to see how one can read the Qur'an and conclude that it supports religious freedom. At best, it is somewhat sympathetic towards Judaism and Christianity.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Being a Dhimmi is more than just paying a tax, it means much more, all of it bad. As far as what the Quran teaches, it's quite possible that some of the details are left to the Hadith or Sunnah, but it's in Islamic scripture.

Unfortunately the Hadiths are what used a lot. If one wishes to be corrupt and tyrannical and commit atrocities like Isis they can't use the Quran. They use Hadiths but Hadiths are not the Word of God only the Quran is.

icehorse

Premium Member
Unfortunately the Hadiths are what used a lot. If one wishes to be corrupt and tyrannical and commit atrocities like Isis they can't use the Quran. They use Hadiths but Hadiths are not the Word of God only the Quran is.

I understand that some percentage of Muslims use only the Quran. But I believe that most Muslims agree that Islam is described by the combination of:

- the Quran
- the Hadith
- the Sunnah

If you claim that only the Quran should be used, you do have some that will agree with you, but you probably have a billion Muslims who will disagree.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Unfortunately the Hadiths are what used a lot. If one wishes to be corrupt and tyrannical and commit atrocities like Isis they can't use the Quran.

Unless you mean that you hope they can't find proper support for their behavior in the Qur'an, I think you are simply wrong about that.

They use Hadiths but Hadiths are not the Word of God only the Quran is.

I doubt Hadiths are any more suitable for supporting atrocities than the Qur'an. Among other reasons, because the very existence of so many misguided Muslims implies that the Qur'an is simply not very useful as moral guidance.

Mostly any Muslim knows that the Qur'an is supposed to be perfect and far more reliable than the Hadiths, isn't that right?

use_your_brain

ISIS use both, Quran and Hadith. hadith is the second important source in Islam. No muslim able to practice Islam without adhering the hadith.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I understand that some percentage of Muslims use only the Quran. But I believe that most Muslims agree that Islam is described by the combination of:

- the Quran
- the Hadith
- the Sunnah

If you claim that only the Quran should be used, you do have some that will agree with you, but you probably have a billion Muslims who will disagree.
And that is not even the issue. The image of a Qur'an that is mystically protected from misuse and gets unfairly blamed for the mistakes resulting from trusting unreliable Ahadith and Sunnah may be appealing for many, but I flat out doubt there is anything to it.

icehorse

Premium Member
And that is not even the issue. The image of a Qur'an that is mystically protected from misuse and gets unfairly blamed for the mistakes resulting from trusting unreliable Ahadith and Sunnah may be appealing for many, but I flat out doubt there is anything to it.

I mentioned the Hadith and Sunnah because it's true that not all instructions to Muslims can be found in the Quran. So when an apologist claims "not in the Quran", one has to remember these other sources as being legitimate Islamic scripture.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
39:23 God has sent down the best hadith, a book that is consistent, relating/contrasting/repeating. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver from it....

31:6 Among the people, there are those who accept baseless hadiths to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.

It's clear that the use of Hadiths is not sanctioned by the Quran and those that use them are departing from the true spirit of Islam

icehorse

Premium Member
39:23 God has sent down the best hadith, a book that is consistent, relating/contrasting/repeating. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver from it....

31:6 Among the people, there are those who accept baseless hadiths to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and they take it as entertainment. These will have a humiliating retribution.

It's clear that the use of Hadiths is not sanctioned by the Quran and those that use them are departing from the true spirit of Islam

As I said, you're up against a billion Muslims when you say that :)