• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow the Leader

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I think that Trump is a much better representative of his constituents and the Republican Party. He has accomplished a lot of what they want and continues to.
The bad news, however, is that when Trump is gone (in a year and a half, or in 5 and a half, doesn't matter), all those constituents will still be here. It absolutely astounds me that so many of those people also see themselves as real Christians, following the Prince of Peace and the God of Love. Astonishing.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
The bad news, however, is that when Trump is gone (in a year and a half, or in 5 and a half, doesn't matter), all those constituents will still be here. It absolutely astounds me that so many of those people also see themselves as real Christians, following the Prince of Peace and the God of Love. Astonishing.
I continue to keep that in mind.

I cannot figure fundamentalist thinking on Trump. He could abuse and eat a baby on live TV and they would cheer like he was sent from Heaven.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You're just upset they didn't have any bacon. :p
I once had a meal at a hare krishna restaurant in DC.
The food was wonderful.
But it was in a bad part of town.
While dining, a little kid came in & yelled "This is a stinky *** place!".

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I don't care for your gratitude. You do not even try to earn such a position.

Now you understand the difference between a privilege and a right. I have a right to free speech no matter if it offends you personally. This applies to lowest and the highest of us.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Now you understand the difference between a privilege and a right. I have a right to free speech no matter if it offends you personally. This applies to lowest and the highest of us.
I understand that just fine. And that is besides the point.

It is respect, and self-respect, that we are talking about in this thread.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yeah. And?

Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? When he stops acting like a wannabe dictator.
Stupid? When he stops doing stupid things.
Pervert? When we have seen all of Epstein's photos and none of them show Der Donald in bed with a 14-year-old.
Crass? When he stops being crass. Or, right after I win the million-dollar lottery three times in a row.

ETA: Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? When he stops calling for the expulsion of people he doesn't like.

ecco

Veteran Member
Maybe you should remove your blinders and take a long hard look at the beliefs and actions of "The Squad".
What specific actions do you find objectionable? Your own thoughts please. If you can support them that's OK.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump ... Crass?
As of this morning your Lier-in-Chief said he wasn't pleased with the chanting and right away started speaking so that the crowd would stop chanting.

However, he did not immediately try to quell the chants. He let it go on for 13 seconds. He never told the crowd to stop.

The only reason he is backing off a little is because his wife and daughter were a little miffed.

I'm reminded of an incident several years ago:

The Real Story Behind John McCain's Famous Campaign Rally Moment | HuffPost
At a rally for his presidential bid late in 2008 campaign, an audience member backing the Arizona Republican tells him she doesn’t trust his opponent, then-Sen. Barack Obama and insists that the Illinois Democrat is an Arab.

McCain didn’t let her finish. Instead, he shook his head, took the microphone away from her and did something that would have seemed unimaginable during the most recent presidential election: He politely defended his opponent.

“No, ma’am. He’s a decent family man, citizen, that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues, and that’s what this campaign issue is all about,” he said, prompting applause from some other audience members at the gathering in Minnesota.

The short exchange was a shining moment for McCain that gained attention at the time. Instead of indulging in his supporter’s falsehood, he corrected her and showed grace toward his political foe. And it wasn’t an isolated moment.
OK, say you. Proof that Trump's crass approach is correct. He won the election, McCain lost.

Audie

Veteran Member
Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? When he stops acting like a wannabe dictator.
Stupid? When he stops doing stupid things.
Pervert? When we have seen all of Epstein's photos and none of them show Der Donald in bed with a 14-year-old.
Crass? When he stops being crass. Or, right after I win the million-dollar lottery three times in a row.

ETA: Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? When he stops calling for the expulsion of people he doesn't like.

Terrif!
Make honourable a race to the bottom.

You Americans are doing a great job
of it. How do you guys plan to climb
back up? Or do you.

ecco

Veteran Member
I continue to keep that in mind.

I cannot figure fundamentalist thinking on Trump. He could abuse and eat a baby on live TV and they would cheer like he was sent from Heaven.
I'm beginning to think that some of them do believe that He was sent from Heaven. After all, isn't the next coming something that so many have been hoping and praying for?

Audie

Veteran Member
OK, say you. Proof that Trump's crass approach is correct. He won the election, McCain lost.

I wont take this as proof, but strong evidence that
your notion of cause and effect / proof is, um wonky.

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm beginning to think that some of them do believe that He was sent from Heaven. After all, isn't the next coming something that so many have been hoping and praying for?

Of course some think that. For that matter, the way
Obama was treated like the Messiah was kind of
shocking. Americans are for sure an overly religious
and often enough rather irrational people.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.

I have a right to free speech no matter if it offends you personally. This applies to lowest and the highest of us.

Free speech for everyone? Aren't you the guy who was complaining about people denigrating Trump?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Free speech for everyone? Aren't you the guy who was complaining about people denigrating Trump?

I have never complained about anything anyone has said about any other living human being; I have only pointed out the hypocrisy displayed by many of the self righteous types posting here.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I know that there seem to be an unusually large number of people claiming to both be blessed in the wonderful life they have on Earth and are, at the same time, hoping it all goes away in some cataclysmic event. It is that sort of keen thinking that has gotten a boorish, racist, misogynist, narcissist, elevated to messiah level in the eyes of the Evangelicals.