• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow the Leader

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Washington Post said:
Trump says he disagrees with 'send her back' chant directed at Rep. Omar during his rally despite his previous 'go back' tweet

Speaking to reporters Thursday, the president said, "I was not happy with it — I disagree with it." He was pressed on why he didn't stop the chant at the North Carolina rally Wednesday night that began after he criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).

Trump said, “I think I did — I started speaking very quickly.” In fact, the president did not start speaking immediately but rather remained silent as the chants were heard.

The crowd's chant echoed recent comments made by Trump, including a tweet Sunday where he suggested Omar and three other minority congresswomen "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."
See what leadership can do? Now Trump's loyal base is calling for an American citizen, an Member of Congress, no less, to be "sent back" to where she came from. And where did they get this idea? Well, guess....

leov

See what leadership can do? Now Trump's loyal base is calling for an American citizen, an Member of Congress, no less, to be "sent back" to where she came from. And where did they get this idea? Well, guess....
That what you do to divert public attention, you start Kosovo war or show the door to a representative - just throw them a bone to fight for.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Washington Post said:
Speaking to reporters Thursday, the president said, "I was not happy with it — I disagree with it."[the chant "Send her back."] He was pressed on why he didn't stop the chant at the North Carolina rally Wednesday night that began after he criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.)

Trump said, “I think I did — I started speaking very quickly.” In fact, the president did not start speaking immediately but rather remained silent as the chants were heard.

Just a few hours ago I watched a newscast of his rally where his followers were shouting "Send her back"

Starts at the 00:26 mark

and Trump stood there making no attempt whatsoever to stop them.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And a self-respecting person, let alone a presumed "authority", would refuse to stoop so low.

Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.

Road Less Traveled

Don’t we all or have at one point, followed our different leaders...divorcing our minds and surrendering our own ability to lead ourselves?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well maybe if she goes back to the Bronx she could actually start doing her job.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yeah. And?

And I for one would feel deeply ashamed from supporting someone like that.

Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.
Actually, I do not.

I have no idea of what you mean to say here.

Nor do I have much of an idea of why you hesitate to join the condemnation of Trump.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yeah. And?
And I understand that, being Trump loyalists, they're mostly Christian.

Here's a little something written by William Shakespeare about 400 years ago. It's from a play (never published) about Thomas More, Henry VIII Chancellor, speaking to a crowd shouting for the removal of foreigners in the land.

The Book of Sir Thomas More, Act 2, Scene 4

Grant them removed, and grant that this your noise
Hath chid down all the majesty of England;
Imagine that you see the wretched strangers,
Their babies at their backs and their poor luggage,
Plodding to the ports and coasts for transportation,
And that you sit as kings in your desires,
Authority quite silent by your brawl,
And you in ruff of your opinions clothed;
What had you got? I’ll tell you: you had taught
How insolence and strong hand should prevail,
How order should be quelled; and by this pattern
Not one of you should live an aged man,
For other ruffians, as their fancies wrought,
With self same hand, self reasons, and self right,
Would shark on you, and men like ravenous fishes
Would feed on one another….
Say now the king

Should so much come too short of your great trespass
As but to banish you, whither would you go?
What country, by the nature of your error,
Should give you harbour? go you to France or Flanders,
To any German province, to Spain or Portugal,
Nay, any where that not adheres to England,
Why, you must needs be strangers: would you be pleased

To find a nation of such barbarous temper,
That, breaking out in hideous violence,
Would not afford you an abode on earth,
Whet their detested knives against your throats,
Spurn you like dogs, and like as if that God
Owed not nor made not you, nor that the claimants
Were not all appropriate to your comforts,
But chartered unto them, what would you think
To be thus used? this is the strangers case;
And this your mountainish inhumanity.

Or if you prefer, hear it spoken by Sir Ian McKellen

David T

Premium Member
Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.
Thats expecting maturity now come on! You are no fun grown up. Old fart go play the guitar the only people listening are old farts playing guitar three cords at a time. Here is an old moron right here snapped a pic what an idiot he could just buy music way easier!
signal-2019-06-26-162928.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And I understand that, being Trump loyalists, they're mostly Christian.

Here's a little something written by William Shakespeare about 400 years ago. It's from a play (never published) about Thomas More, Henry VIII Chancellor, speaking to a crowd shouting for the removal of foreigners in the land.

The Book of Sir Thomas More, Act 2, Scene 4

Grant them removed, and grant that this your noise
Hath chid down all the majesty of England;
Imagine that you see the wretched strangers,
Their babies at their backs and their poor luggage,
Plodding to the ports and coasts for transportation,
And that you sit as kings in your desires,
Authority quite silent by your brawl,
And you in ruff of your opinions clothed;
What had you got? I’ll tell you: you had taught
How insolence and strong hand should prevail,
How order should be quelled; and by this pattern
Not one of you should live an aged man,
For other ruffians, as their fancies wrought,
With self same hand, self reasons, and self right,
Would shark on you, and men like ravenous fishes
Would feed on one another….
Say now the king

Should so much come too short of your great trespass
As but to banish you, whither would you go?
What country, by the nature of your error,
Should give you harbour? go you to France or Flanders,
To any German province, to Spain or Portugal,
Nay, any where that not adheres to England,
Why, you must needs be strangers: would you be pleased

To find a nation of such barbarous temper,
That, breaking out in hideous violence,
Would not afford you an abode on earth,
Whet their detested knives against your throats,
Spurn you like dogs, and like as if that God
Owed not nor made not you, nor that the claimants
Were not all appropriate to your comforts,
But chartered unto them, what would you think
To be thus used? this is the strangers case;
And this your mountainish inhumanity.

Or if you prefer, hear it spoken by Sir Ian McKellen

This is suppose to mean something?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Thats expecting maturity now come on! You are no fun grown up. Old fart go play the guitar the only people listening are old farts playing guitar three cords at a time. Here is an old moron right here snapped a pic what an idiot he could just buy music way easier! View attachment 31096

A lefty making a C chord? BTW, we killed last night. She just keeps getting better and better...

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They are telling an American citizen to leave to go to some place they aren't from. It's pathetic, un-American, and suggests they have no regards for facts, rights, or decency.

Or advocating the assassination of the President and/or his family, which should invoke the same righteous indignation. Can anyone say "hypocritical"?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They are telling an American citizen to leave to go to some place they aren't from. It's pathetic, un-American, and suggests they have no regards for facts, rights, or decency.
Quite correct.

I am relieved for not being an American citizen at those times. It is truly ashaming as it is.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Don’t we all or have at one point, followed our different leaders...divorcing our minds and surrendering our own ability to lead ourselves?
To the point of being open to the idea of sending people to gas chambers who are considered undesirable to the current political leadership? Plenty have done that historically. And if that sounds implausible to us today, how about chanting for American citizens, and elected members of congress - elected by American citizens who voted for them and stand behind them, be expelled from their country of birth because they oppose the POTUS?

Is that acceptable? Isn't that just a short slide down that greasy pole into the sort of stuff we have seen in other dictatorships? Aren't we on that same path here?