• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow the Leader

Laika

Premium Member
Yeah. And?

Well, you see, there is something called "history". And this "history" tells us what people did in the past and gives us an idea of what people today might do in a similar position.

A very long time ago, before you were even a sperm, there was this group of people who decided they were "superior" to everyone else and that they knew what was best. And these superior people had had a rough time and needed to blame someone for their problems. And then they decided there were "inferior" people who didn't really belong who caused all their problems.

And they came to believe they could get to decide who was a citizen in their country and who could have rights and these "superior" people just decided who the "inferior" people were and that they weren't real citizens any more and they could be deported.

It didn't really matter to the "superior" people what happened to the "inferior" people, so they thought, "hey, why not send them to some African **** hole country like that? How about Madagascar?"

Eventually they decided the "inferior" people didn't have any rights at all and could they could do whatever they wanted to these "inferior" people. And bad things happened. bad things which your parents and grandparents tried to protect you from because they wanted you to have things better than they did.

And after we stopped the "superior" people, we gathered round and said "never again". And everyone agreed and signed something called the "universal declaration of human rights" which includes the 15th Article that says " Everyone has the right to a nationality." and "No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality." And they all agreed amongst themselves not to do these terrible things again and tried to put it all behind them because they believed they were rational people who could learn from history and not repeat the same mistakes.

And then we came along and we decided we were not going to put up with any of this politically correct nonsense about being nice to one another any more and that this so-called "history" is all one giant conspiracy invented by space lizards who steal children's ice creams.

And then we asked:
"wow, who is this really cool guy with the moustache? And why do social justice warriors hate him so much? He's such a rebel! I really want to be like him! Can I fail art college too?"

And we all lived happily ever after, screaming long in to the night, wondering what could possibly happen next because we really aren't that stupid and crazy to do it all over again?

Are we?.... :eek:

EnragedCheapDanishswedishfarmdog-small.gif

David1967

Premium Member
Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.

Agree. Like Trump or not, common respect should go both ways.

Road Less Traveled

To the point of being open to the idea of sending people to gas chambers who are considered undesirable to the current political leadership? Plenty have done that historically. And if that sounds implausible to us today, how about chanting for American citizens, and elected members of congress - elected by American citizens, be expelled from their country of birth because they oppose the POTUS? Is that acceptable?

People’s characters align with their beloved authorities more than they are aware of, unfortunately.

And other authorities who outwardly speak wisely and kindly, with a lot of fluffy sounding words... I do not believe are very ethical themselves behind closed doors.

All charades, and to give the perception that leaders are divided, in order to divide and conquer the common folk. I believe that they are all very united behind closed doors.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yeah. And? Should we stop calling Trump Hitler? Stupid? Pervert? Crass? Show pictures of celebrities holding his severed head? Or...you get the picture, I'm sure.
When you preach hatred and fear, try to divide not unite, do the best possible job to subvert the constitution etc, "lock him up" is both appropriate and called for.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Or advocating the assassination of the President and/or his family, which should invoke the same righteous indignation. Can anyone say "hypocritical"?
Anyone that would advocate that, I'd find just as unacceptable as the current POTUS is in his anti-American tweets against elected members of congress, emboldening his followers to chant for them to be expelled from the America they represent, which would include me as an American citizen. That is pure Un-American, to the core. Patriots? Hell no.

Audie

Veteran Member
See what leadership can do? Now Trump's loyal base is calling for an American citizen, an Member of Congress, no less, to be "sent back" to where she came from. And where did they get this idea? Well, guess....

We really really need a different person in the white house.

Audie

Veteran Member
Or advocating the assassination of the President and/or his family, which should invoke the same righteous indignation. Can anyone say "hypocritical"?

Can anyone think of a way to be more tiresome than
to look about and find a reason to cry HYPOCRITE!!!!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Chanting is never a good sign of anything.

The Hare Krishnas had some cool chants, and they offered free food.

"Krishna dingy dong my way, boy do he dingy dong my way". Probably not the actual words but that's how it sounded to me. :D I think the percussion instruments really helped though. If you're going to go about chanting something, gots to have percussion instruments IMHO.

ClumsyWhirlwindAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Hare Krishnas had some cool chants, and they offered free food.

"Krishna dingy dong my way, boy do he dingy dong my way". Probably not the actual words but that's how it sounded to me. :D I think the percussion instruments really helped though. If you're going to go about chanting something, gots to have percussion instruments IMHO.

ClumsyWhirlwindAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif
Yeah...that's always been creepy chanting.
Although I think the meaning is something non-violent.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People’s characters align with their beloved authorities more than they are aware of, unfortunately.
Sadly, this is true. I've often said of this current POTUS, that the one positive thing he has done is to expose just how deep racism and hatred are in this country. The wounds of the Civil War have only just festerd during the years of Civil Rights for African Americans and other minorities. Now they are emboldened to come crawling out of the woodwork and just say what they've always thought all along.

And other authorities who outwardly speak wisely and kindly, with a lot of fluffy sounding words... I do not believe are very ethical themselves behind closed doors.

All charades, and to give the perception that leaders are divided, in order to divide and conquer the common folk. I believe that they are all very united behind closed doors.
I know that not all politicians are racists behind closed doors. The ones that support it however, are easy to see by looking at their voting records. Or in the case of the POTOS, just read his tweets.

At least with Trump, while an obvious fabricator of daily manufactured realities, or a pathological liar, he doesn't do as good a job in hiding it as seasoned politicians can. I'm just waiting for him to tweet the N word next. Of course, you watch how he then says to the person of color he called that when they speak against it, "No, you're the N*er", just like he did calling them racists for saying he is.

David1967

Premium Member
Attacks need to be answered. He preaches lack of respect and wants his followers to do the same. Reaping follows sowing.

I would like to see the rhetoric from both sides tone down a bit. As it is it's just a vicious circle with no positive outcome. The four ladies he is saying to go back home. I mean where is that? The state they represent?

David1967

Premium Member
Thats expecting maturity now come on! You are no fun grown up. Old fart go play the guitar the only people listening are old farts playing guitar three cords at a time. Here is an old moron right here snapped a pic what an idiot he could just buy music way easier! View attachment 31096

Hey, I play the guitar too! Pull up a chair and lets jam. Anything past three chords is just showing off anyway.:D

David1967

Premium Member

Yeah, but, but, that's different. Don't ask me how, but it is.:confused:

Road Less Traveled

Sadly, this is true. I've often said of this current POTUS, that the one positive thing he has done is to expose just how deep racism and hatred are in this country. The wounds of the Civil War have only just festerd during the years of Civil Rights for African Americans and other minorities. Now they are emboldened to come crawling out of the woodwork and just say what they've always thought all along.

I know that not all politicians are racists behind closed doors. The ones that support it however, are easy to see by looking at their voting records. Or in the case of the POTOS, just read his tweets.

At least with Trump, while an obvious fabricator of daily manufactured realities, or a pathological liar, he doesn't do as good a job in hiding it as seasoned politicians can. I'm just waiting for him to tweet the N word next. Of course, you watch how he then says to the person of color he called that when they speak against it, "No, you're the N*er", just like he did calling them racists for saying he is.

I’ve personally outgrown all of the dissent. Madness. Common man vs common man.... arguing, blaming. People waiting for the next tweet and/or headline and back into the circular wheel of more dissent. Energy better spent elsewhere than this madness.
Praise them, hate them.... they adore it all and everyone’s exhausted energy towards them and their futile words in the circular wheel of dissent.

shmogie

See what leadership can do? Now Trump's loyal base is calling for an American citizen, an Member of Congress, no less, to be "sent back" to where she came from. And where did they get this idea? Well, guess....
Well, it is no big deal. Here is why.

In America, at least since I was a child, people who continuously bad mouth the country, it;s people, or it;s institutions have been told, ¨if you don´t like it here, leave¨ ¨send her back ¨ is simply an extension of that sentiment, which I share.

I have no doubt that those people, at a political rally, who shouted this know that she is a naturalized US citizen and she isn´t going to be sent anywhere. If she commits treason, she will be sent to a US prison, not one in in Somalia. It is simply a rhetorical chant that expresses disdain for her.

She deserves disdain. She is a racist, and expresses it, she hates many US institutions and says so. She has called Border Patrol officers nazi´s, or concentration camp guards, she wants open borders and more people rushing in, feeding on the teat of the American taxpayer. She called 9/11 ¨something some people did¨. I despise her. My family members have fought in every American war from the Civil war, WW1, WW2, Korea to VN. Perhaps even the revolution, thought that has yet to be established.

Some were seriously wounded, some died, for her to have the right to shoot her mouth off, as well as those who said ´ ´send her back ¨, their right.

You seem impressed that she is in Congress. Well, she was elected by a constituency made up of many immigrants from Somalia, essentially a stone age country. Their value system, culture, and perspectives have been shaped by their original nation. Apparently, she represents them well. They all have in common the fact that the US allowed them to enter and stay here. Something she doesn´t think much of.

¨send her back¨ is just politics, and she brought it upon herself.

s

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I’ve personally outgrown all of the dissent. Madness. Common man vs common man.... arguing, blaming. People waiting for the next tweet and/or headline and back into the circular wheel of more dissent. Energy better spent elsewhere than this madness.
Praise them, hate them.... they adore it all and everyone’s exhausted energy towards them and their futile words in the circular wheel of dissent.
I hear you. I can only take it in small doses. Hoping everyone feels that way enough to move beyond this madness and elect someone who will lead us in 2020 to heal us as a nation, rather than a figure which continues to deliberately divide us further on a daily basis.