• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five black police officers charged with murder of black man after traffic stop

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, I was showing it does sometimes happen....
But you didn't.
Still, you did prove something....putting "white" in a
headline about a victim is so incredibly rare that the
only time it happened was in an article about how
incredibly rare it is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But you didn't.
Still, you did prove something....putting "white" in a
headline about a victim is so incredibly rare that the
only time it happened was in an article about how
incredibly rare it is.
And on NPR, the issue wasn't that a person was
beaten to death...it was a black man. And they
listed other black men killed. Only black men matter.
NPR laps this **** up without questioning anything.
Incredibly ignorant racist coverage.

averageJOE

zombie
iu

iu

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
If black people do commit more crimes in America than other races, despite being a minority…. it is not about genetics, it is about individuals acting of their own accord to break the law, who then get arrested and end up spending time in prison.

Many own up to it and come out stronger. Others blame it on “the white man” or “systemic racism”, and/or forever blame everyone else for their own actions, never accepting that they themselves are the problem. These types exist in every race.
This is a... very weird post.

"If black people commit more crime in America than other races, then it is clearly because they just randomly acting of their own accord to break the law and nothing else."

Pointing to a trend and then suggesting that the trend has absolutely no statistical cause whatsoever is one of the weirder strategies I have heard.

I mean, why waste your brain cells considering that there might be REASONS to social trends, right? Just chalk it all up to thousands upon thousands of individual people, living in a void, making personal decisions.

It's almost as if they KNOW the conclusion that they want other people to reach, they just won't admit it themselves. How extraordinary.

wellwisher

I would like to know more about the victim. This extra data is being silenced, out of respect for the victim and his family. It does not make sense that these 5-6 officers would risk so much, on video, randomly beating an innocent man. I get the sense they knew the victim, which is why it got so personal, and why others stood back. Protect and serve is for the innocent people. Something does not add up.

The Left media has a history of mischaracterizing victims. The lie always gets out faster than the truth and does damage, until the truth catches up. But the damage is done and there is no law that will hold the media and other propagandist accountable.

When this tragedy was first reported, the disinformation of the Left, said it was based on white racism. This stopped but they never apologized. That was the chosen narrative, sight unseen. When dealing with the left think ulterior motives. I will wait to see the hidden data.

We all know that Democrat DA's are now extra soft on crime. This is a scam to make their crime numbers look better on paper. If you do not prosecute, the FBI data base will report less crime, even with more crime, since freed criminals do not count. On many occasions violent criminals are released and harm more people. I am not saying this is the case, but it happens in Democrat run cities. I will be the first to apologize if wrong, but the Left is predictable, also. It is too way close to call without all the data available.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
This is a... very weird post.

"If black people commit more crime in America than other races, then it is clearly because they just randomly acting of their own accord to break the law and nothing else."

This is what I actually wrote, before you misquoted me:

“If black people do commit more crimes in America than other races, despite being a minority…. it is not about genetics, it is about individuals acting of their own accord to break the law, who then get arrested and end up spending time in prison.”

I never said that there were no other contributing factors. Human Nature is complicated, culture is complicated, and people are complicated. My point was that when crimes are committed, I do not blame genetics, I blame bad choices.

I will not attack all members of a race for crimes committed by them collectively… but I will attack the individuals committing the crimes.

Whatever your circumstances… smart/ dumb, sharp/ slow, rich/ poor, hot/ ugly, educated/ non-educated, strong/ weak, healthy/ unhealthy, etc… your choices are your own. You can blame everyone else in the world if those choices land you behind bars, or worse… and your family can sit there and cry and tell me what a wonderful person you were when you weren’t out burglarizing, raping and murdering. I couldn’t care less about the sob story. Your choices are your own. Respect our laws.

Last edited:

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
This is what I actually wrote, before you misquoted me:
I "misquoted" you?

That's just a lie. I quoted your post in full. I didn't even remotely misquote you. The part in the inverted commas is basically the conclusion drawn from your logic.

“If black people do commit more crimes in America than other races, despite being a minority…. it is not about genetics, it is about individuals acting of their own accord to break the law, who then get arrested and end up spending time in prison.”
I never said that there were no other contributing factors.
You said it is just "about individuals acting of their own accord" and discounted such factors as "systemic racism" in favour of individual responsibility.

My point is that blaming individual responsibility for a SOCIAL TREND is... really weird. The whole point of a sociological trend is that there ARE underlying causative factors. You can't just chalk it up to individuals.

Human Nature is complicated, culture is complicated, and people are complicated. My point was that when crimes are committed, I do not blame genetics, I blame bad choices.
Okay. So why is it that you think black people, in your words, make more "bad choices" to the extent that they are over-represented in the prison system? What do you suppose the cause for that is, considering that both you and I agree that it has nothing to do with their race or genetics?

I will not attack all members of a race for crimes committed by them collectively… but I will attack the individuals committing the crimes.

Whatever your circumstances… smart/ dumb, sharp/ slow, rich/ poor, hot/ ugly, educated/ non-educated, strong/ weak, healthy/ unhealthy, etc… your choices are your own. You can blame everyone else in the world if those choices land you behind bars, or worse… and your family can sit there and cry and tell me what a wonderful person you were when you weren’t out burglarizing, raping and murdering. I couldn’t care less about the sob story. Your choices are your own. Respect our laws.
In other words, ignore sociology entirely and pay no attention to statistical trends. Things are all just the result of people acting as individuals and there is nothing society does that influences it, so acknowledging that there may be a causative factor as to why group x or group y may be over-represented in certain statistics is pointless.

Is that your belief? Because if it isn't, then your statements here are basically just meaningless waffle.

"Individuals do acts". Wow, what a revelation.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I "misquoted" you?

That's just a lie. I quoted your post in full. I didn't even remotely misquote you. The part in the inverted commas is basically the conclusion drawn from your logic.

You said it is just "about individuals acting of their own accord" and discounted such factors as "systemic racism" in favour of individual responsibility.

My point is that blaming individual responsibility for a SOCIAL TREND is... really weird. The whole point of a sociological trend is that there ARE underlying causative factors. You can't just chalk it up to individuals.

Okay. So why is it that you think black people, in your words, make more "bad choices" to the extent that they are over-represented in the prison system? What do you suppose the cause for that is, considering that both you and I agree that it has nothing to do with their race or genetics?

In other words, ignore sociology entirely and pay no attention to statistical trends. Things are all just the result of people acting as individuals and there is nothing society does that influences it, so acknowledging that there may be a causative factor as to why group x or group y may be over-represented in certain statistics is pointless.

Is that your belief? Because if it isn't, then your statements here are basically just meaningless waffle.

"Individuals do acts". Wow, what a revelation.

Some people are so desperate for excuses, to “justify” criminal behavior.

Obey our laws.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Some people are so desperate for excuses, to “justify” criminal behavior.

Obey our laws.
I can't help but notice you've not addressed a single thing I wrote.

Let's simplify this for you:

When you look at statistics, we notice trends. One of these trends is that black people represent a disproportionately higher demographic within prisons and the prison system than other racial groups within the USA.

Now, since you and I both agree that this cannot be due to race or genetics, what do you suggest the cause OF THE TREND might be?

Keep in mind "individual people doing crime" or "people make bad choices" is not an answer to why the TREND occurs.

averageJOE

zombie
Tyre Nichols case: Former Memphis cop texted photos after beating

Officer Haley took pictures of beaten Tyre Nichols and sent then to at least five people. One being a "female acquaintance".

Time will tell (because none of this is verified yet), but that "female acquaintance" may have been Officer Haley's ex-girlfriend. Again, this is unverified, but Officer Haley's ex-girlfriend and Tyre Nicholes both worked and FedEx, and were in a relationship.