• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First The Simpsons, Then Futurama, & Now Disenchantment

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/23/disenchantment-simpsons-new-show-matt-groening
Last summer, Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, announced that Netflix had bought the rights to his first new show in nearly two decades: Disenchantment, described as “an adult fantasy about a crumbling medieval kingdom known as Dreamland”. Now, there’s a premiere date and a first look at the series, which follows a boozy princess named Bean, her aptly named elf friend Elfo, and Luci, Bean’s “personal demon”.

The 10-episode first season of Disenchantment, which marks Groening’s long-awaited return to television, lands on Netflix on 17 August. Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson will voice Bean, who, in the four promotional photos released by Groening on Reddit and the show’s official Twitter account, carries either a sword, scimitar or a pint of beer, suggesting no ordinary princess.

Rational Agnostic

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/23/disenchantment-simpsons-new-show-matt-groening
Last summer, Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons and Futurama, announced that Netflix had bought the rights to his first new show in nearly two decades: Disenchantment, described as “an adult fantasy about a crumbling medieval kingdom known as Dreamland”. Now, there’s a premiere date and a first look at the series, which follows a boozy princess named Bean, her aptly named elf friend Elfo, and Luci, Bean’s “personal demon”.

The 10-episode first season of Disenchantment, which marks Groening’s long-awaited return to television, lands on Netflix on 17 August. Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson will voice Bean, who, in the four promotional photos released by Groening on Reddit and the show’s official Twitter account, carries either a sword, scimitar or a pint of beer, suggesting no ordinary princess.

Should be fun, I'll have to check it out.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that the markets and pricepoints are becoming well understood. Certain viewers are ok with adverts. Some aren't. Some prefer video games or other pursuits to advertising or high pricepoints. What we are seeing is the future: entertainment is nearly in a stable arrangement and divided into markets according to who will pay for particular content. The groundwork is laid. The market is mostly structured probably.

Milton Platt

I’m all in.........bender was my role model for years

Earthling

David Henson
Netflix is TV?

I liked the Simpsons when they first came out but after a short while they just got old. And all these years they are still around. They've been old for a long time. I hated Futurama from the start. For years I loved Family Guy, then all of a sudden like I couldn't stand it. Now to hear the voice of Stewie or Brian - I can't stand those two - makes me want to hurl. For years I couldn't stand to watch South Park, now it's my favorite show. I have just about every episode on DVR and watch it every day.

Just thought I would let ya' know . . .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It seems that I am in the minority (not much of a surprise). I liked it enough to have a hard time stopping at the third episode.