• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm I'm feeling a bit of the old philosophical learning bent lately.
I'm only faintly acquainted with Nietzsche, perhaps this is a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster I should do some Nietzsche learnin'

I think he's worth the effort, but more because of the challenge and the nuggets within them than any overall love of his philosophies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find the Bible teaches that Jesus will destroy Satan ( This is according to Hebrews 2:14 B )
In Scripture, Satan is considered as being a sinner, and the price for sinning is: death.
Satan is considered as being wicked, and all the wicked will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7.
Sorry, but I can't think how to say the ^ above ^ without the use of Scripture references.
I am aware of what the Bible says, and still give not one damn about it. It's a book of rolling papers to me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am aware of what the Bible says, and still give not one damn about it. It's a book of rolling papers to me.
I find you do Not have to give a care about Scripture because we are all free-willed to choose for one's self.
To me ' rolling papers ' means it ' rolls ' from man loosing his paradisical home to 'rolling' to the happy climax of man gaining back his paradisical home right here on Earth. I like that happy ending of a forever after here on Earth.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan. Do not they feel sorry for the horned?

The famous F. N. sentence "God is dead, we killed Him." means the convertion into atheism.
But if God is "killed" in your soul, then the satan is killed there as well. So, the question arises: would atheists feel sorrow on the grave of satan? The death of satan is the unwilling byproduct of the hunt against God?
Uh... are you truly perceiving in us atheists the power to destroy supernatural beings that we do not even believe to exist in the first place?

I assume that most atheists would gladly "destroy Satan" if somehow they found themselves in a situation which enabled them to. After all, unless one is some form of satanist, there is not much of a point to the idea of Satan other than defeating him. And there is not really very much of an overlap between satanists and atheists.

But it is definitely too much to hope for such a situation.

Did you know that 'atheists' were on the lower echelons of Greek life in Ancient Greece?

It kind of shows what Democracy or the 'Republic' can do if not maintained properly.

Classical Greek culture, especially philosophy, had a powerful influence on ancient Rome, which carried a version of it to many parts of the Mediterranean Basin and Europe. For this reason, Classical Greece is generally considered to be the seminal culture which provided the foundation of modern Western culture and is considered the cradle of Western civilization.

Classical Greek culture gave great importance to knowledge. Science and religion were not separate and getting closer to the truth meant getting closer to the gods. In this context, they understood the importance of mathematics as an instrument for obtaining more reliable ("divine") knowledge.[5] Greek culture, in a few centuries and with a limited population, managed to explore and make progress in many fields of science, mathematics, philosophy and knowledge in general.

Ancient Greece - Wikipedia

350px-Parthenon_from_west.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find you do Not have to give a care about Scripture because we are all free-willed to choose for one's self.
Do you have proof that free will exists? And it's not that I have to care or not, it's that you keep inserting it into replies where you wasn't asked and where people aren't going to care.
To me ' rolling papers ' means it ' rolls ' from man loosing his paradisical home to 'rolling' to the happy climax of man gaining back his paradisical home right here on Earth. I like that happy ending of a forever after here on Earth.
Rolling papers are used to roll cigarettes.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Do you have proof that free will exists? And it's not that I have to care or not, it's that you keep inserting it into replies where you wasn't asked and where people aren't going to care.
Rolling papers are used to roll cigarettes.

Before the Bible existed as a bound book, the Scriptures were Scrolls of rolling and un-rolling parchment papers.
To me, Adam was given a choice as the whether to obey God or Not. Keep the Law of the Land if he chose to.
So, there would be No choice given if Adam could Not make a choice.
We all make choices or decisions each day and to me if there was No free-will choices then we could Not decide.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.[5] Greek culture, in a few centuries and with a limited population, managed to explore and make progress in many fields of science, mathematics, philosophy and knowledge in general.

'Knowledge in general' until the time of Acts of the Apostles 17:23 when Christians found an Altar dedicated to an UN-KNOWN GOD. Those first-century Christians explained that God to the Greeks as being the God of the Bible.
Thus, besides having ' knowledge in general ' they were now exposed to having ' scriptural knowledge ' being reasoned with them right out of the Scriptures as per Acts of the Apostles 17:2.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Did you know that 'atheists' were on the lower echelons of Greek life in Ancient Greece? It kind of shows what Democracy or the 'Republic' can do if not maintained properly.

Alexander Tyler, a professor back in the late 1700's, taught that a democracy is temporary in nature.
That is because it can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves generous gifts for the public treasury (reminds me of what is going on with social security). Collapse is due to loose fiscal policy, which then is followed by a dictator, or dictatorship.
With the wealth the churches have amassed, and a bad economy, that wealth can look easy taking by the political.

In High School we were taught that a democracy can't last much more than about 200 years.
So, to me it is No wonder that the governments will collapse, but Not the permanent government of Daniel 2:44 because Jesus, as King of God's Kingdom government, will be governed by Christ Jesus.
Thus, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global-international Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suppose those who think gravity is an illusion might fall into that same category.

Gravity is easily proven. Even before neurosciences it has not been proven we do anything more than react to stimuli in a manner similar to a computer. Since the neurosciences have been developing, the likelihood of free will looks even less possible, especially after you consider the social, environmental, and genetic influences that already greatly weaken the notion of free will.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Gravity is easily proven. Even before neurosciences it has not been proven we do anything more than react to stimuli in a manner similar to a computer. Since the neurosciences have been developing, the likelihood of free will looks even less possible, especially after you consider the social, environmental, and genetic influences that already greatly weaken the notion of free will.
To me, it is today's influences on the brain that greatly weaken the notion about choosing to be a spiritual person.
Many have chosen a distorted selfish love as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
True, we all move and act within limits, even limits of our abilities. It is a relative freedom.
Like a parent who says be home by 9 p.m. shows there are degrees of freedom.
So, true free will does have limits or degrees, but it still exists as choices.
That does Not take away the free will to act responsibility toward our Creator.
To me, self-determination is also a free-will choice that is quite possible.
Reaction to stimuli can be powerful.
I recall mice exposed to the smell of cherry blossoms got a shock. Later they got pregnant.
When their babies smelled cherry blossoms they reacted even though their babies were never shocked.
But a person with education, it can be brought to their attention as to why they are reacting the way they do.
The person can then decide to change.

Milton Platt

Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan. Do not they feel sorry for the horned?

The famous F. N. sentence "God is dead, we killed Him." means the convertion into atheism.
But if God is "killed" in your soul, then the satan is killed there as well. So, the question arises: would atheists feel sorrow on the grave of satan? The death of satan is the unwilling byproduct of the hunt against God?

Are you asking someone that if their lack of belief in the existence one being kills another being they do not believe exists, will they feel sorry for the death of the other being they do not believe exists that supposedly died? That my friend is an ill-thought out question.

Shad

Veteran Member
And for our next trick we will prevent the end of the universe (insert cause here). After all if we can one up God taking care of God's mess... Why not?!

We are not going to make brussel sprouts taste better. Stop asking. Put a cheese sauce on it and deal with it.

Bob the Unbeliever

Feel sorry for the "death" of Satan?

No more than I felt sorry for the "death" of Voldemort in the Harry Potter series.

I did, however, lament the death of both Sirius Black and professor Dumbledore. But it was only fiction, so those feelings did not last all that long, and I was on to the next book.

Satan is *exactly* like that: A fictional character that was invented in the Middle Ages, to [attempt to] offset the obvious Evil in the bible's many ugly stories.

Of course-- inventing a God Rival only introduces more problems than it fixes. Who created Satan, and why? Who continues to permit Satan Free Reign among humanity, and why?

Those, and other questions, prove once again, that the bible's god cannot possibly be GOOD, or even MORAL.

And just like Voldemort? Is clearly an invention of humans.

Man without God, is still a Man.
God without Man, is nothing.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you know that 'atheists' were on the lower echelons of Greek life in Ancient Greece?

It kind of shows what Democracy or the 'Republic' can do if not maintained properly.

Classical Greek culture, especially philosophy, had a powerful influence on ancient Rome, which carried a version of it to many parts of the Mediterranean Basin and Europe. For this reason, Classical Greece is generally considered to be the seminal culture which provided the foundation of modern Western culture and is considered the cradle of Western civilization.

Classical Greek culture gave great importance to knowledge. Science and religion were not separate and getting closer to the truth meant getting closer to the gods. In this context, they understood the importance of mathematics as an instrument for obtaining more reliable ("divine") knowledge.[5] Greek culture, in a few centuries and with a limited population, managed to explore and make progress in many fields of science, mathematics, philosophy and knowledge in general.

Ancient Greece - Wikipedia

350px-Parthenon_from_west.jpg

What conclusion are you drawing here? I find it unclear.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
And for our next trick we will prevent the end of the universe (insert cause here). After all if we can one up God taking care of God's mess... Why not?!

We are not going to make brussel sprouts taste better. Stop asking. Put a cheese sauce on it and deal with it.

Pan fried with coconut oil. Throw in a little onion and bacon if that's still too sprouty.
It's actually pretty good.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Since there is no satan, either, I wonder why I should be sorry.

And even if satan existed, he would be an illogical idiot. I wonder why people have such respect for someone with such a suboptimal intelligence. So, not nuch of a loss even in that case.

Ciao

- viole