• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I didn't know there was really any evidence Satan actually exists? Before the atheists can destroy any evidence of Satan; doesn't there have to be this evidence in the first place, before it could get destroyed ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Except for maybe the flying spaghetti monster. Or at least Richard Dawkins.

Pastafarianism is only considered a religion in 3 countries. Besides, worship of the FSM god excludes people from being atheist. One cannot recognise a god p, no matter how noodly and be an atheist at the same time, the 2 are mutually exclusive.

Dawkins, by his own admission is not atheist

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The famous F. N. sentence "God is dead, we killed Him." means the convertion into atheism.
But if God is "killed" in your soul, then the satan is killed there as well. So, the question arises: would atheists feel sorrow on the grave of satan? The death of satan is the unwilling byproduct of the hunt against God?

How can any fictional characters actually ever be killed?

Last edited by a moderator:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You first have to remember this is a group who genuinly believes the Bible is real, ..................... I've never heard the claim of destroying Satan, ......................

I find the Bible teaches that Jesus will destroy Satan ( This is according to Hebrews 2:14 B )
In Scripture, Satan is considered as being a sinner, and the price for sinning is: death.
Satan is considered as being wicked, and all the wicked will be destroyed forever as per Psalms 92:7.
Sorry, but I can't think how to say the ^ above ^ without the use of Scripture references.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But if God is "killed" in your soul, then the satan is killed there as well. So, the question arises: would atheists feel sorrow on the grave of satan? The death of satan is the unwilling byproduct of the hunt against God?

I find Since there will be No grave for Satan, then there could be No sorrow on the grave of Satan.
Rather, to me the question arises: Would atheists feel sorrow when Satan is destroyed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"Destruction of satan" is destruction of the human belief in his existence.
I find when someone is executed ( capital punishment ) that does Not mean destruction of the human belief in that person's existence. Just that now that dead person is now dead or extinct.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If the atheists succeeded in destroying Satan, then they should be the ultimate heroes of the Xians.
I find before any atheist could succeed in destroying Satan that Jesus will beat them to the punch.
Not any human can, but Jesus is the one who will destroy Satan as per Hebrews 2:14 B.
Satan, like any who are wicked, will be 'destroyed forever' as per Psalms 92:7.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That would have to be pretty embarrassing to god. If atheists destroy Satan, does this avert Armageddon and who "end times" thing? You can't have prophecy happen if one of the key players is dead.

I find the ^ above ^ to be rather accurate.
How could there be a coming 'end times' to all badness on Earth if Satan was destroyed out of the picture.
We could Not have prophecy happen if one of the key players is dead.
Also, Satan will Not be destroyed until ' after ' Jesus ends his coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
So, since Satan is still alive, then Armageddon (the war to end all wars - Psalms 46:9) is Not averted.
This means then there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as described at Revelation 22:2.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
There is a both of both God and Satan in every human beings, it is called Good virtue (God), Evil thoughts ( Satan), Honesty (God) Lies and decieve (Satan) And so on.
The ^above^ reminds me of an old American Indian story about each person has two wolves inside of themselves.
One wolf is good, one wolf is bad, and how we know which wolf will win is by which wolf we feed or nourish.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan. Do not they feel sorry for the horned?

The famous F. N. sentence "God is dead, we killed Him." means the convertion into atheism.

This makes no sense at all from an atheist viewpoint.
And if you think Nietzsche meant the literal murder of God, you can jump in the very large group of people who quote mine or drastically misunderstand his work.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Fighting against the existence of God, the atheists destroy the existence of satan. Do not they feel sorry for the horned?

Forgive me, but pretty sure Nietzsche was speaking figuratively.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
This makes no sense at all from an atheist viewpoint.
And if you think Nietzsche meant the literal murder of God, you can jump in the very large group of people who quote mine or drastically misunderstand his work.

friedrich-nietzsche-quote-he-who-fights-with-monsters-might-take-care.jpg

QuestioningMind

What a silly question. Why would anyone feel sorry for the death of a fictional make-believe entity? That's like asking if you dismiss the existence of Santa Claus (you 'kill' him) do you feel sorry for all of Santa's elves that you also 'killed'?

Altfish

Veteran Member

Atheists haven't killed god or satan.
Both these concepts are man-made, all atheists do is not buy into the concept. In other words, God doesn't exist and neither does Satan.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Close enough. Translations are a little tricky.
That's one of my favourite quotes.

Nietzsche remains horribly misquoted and misunderstood. I find him very challenging, if a little bleak.
Hmm I'm feeling a bit of the old philosophical learning bent lately.
I'm only faintly acquainted with Nietzsche, perhaps this is a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster I should do some Nietzsche learnin'