• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Privilege and Male Oppression

Rational Agnostic

For those of you who insist that males have it so much better than females in society, perhaps you should consider these statistics. Source: RealSexism.com

Males are 97% of combat fatalities.
Males pay 97% of alimony.
Males make 94% of work suicides.
Males make up 93% of work-related fatalities.
Males make up 81% of war deaths.
Males lose custody in 84% of divorces.
Males commit 80% of suicides.
Males account for 77% of homicide victims.
89% of males will be the victim of at least one violent crime.
Males are 165% more likely to be convicted than females.
Males get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crimes.

Am I saying that females aren't oppressed? Of course not. Both genders face difficulties, although I would argue that as a whole, the difficulties and oppression faced by men are greater than those faced by women. Do I have a solution? Not necessarily, but perhaps all you woke feminists could start by not referring to all men as trash.

Rational Agnostic

That seems rather combative and unrelated to the first portion of your post. Do you think RF feminists call men trash?

I don't know, but it's a popular hashtag among many of the Twitter feminists, including one popular Twitter feminist who said she doesn't care if innocent men's lives get ruined by false accusations of sexual harassment.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know, but it's a popular hashtag among many of the Twitter feminists, including one popular Twitter feminist who said she doesn't care if innocent men's lives get ruined by false accusations of sexual harassment.
It's difficult go get a discussion going when the OP addresses feminists (extreme ones) who aren't here.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
For those of you who insist that males have it so much better than females in society, perhaps you should consider these statistics. Source: RealSexism.com

Am I saying that females aren't oppressed? Of course not. Both genders face difficulties, although I would argue that as a whole, the difficulties and oppression faced by men are greater than those faced by women. Do I have a solution? Not necessarily, but perhaps all you woke feminists could start by not referring to all men as trash.

Oppression - the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control

Men and women have a different definition of Unjust.

David T

Premium Member
That seems rather combative and unrelated to the first portion of your post. Do you think RF feminists call men trash?
Some do. but some as male RF posters insist upon it. I equate it to linguistic sadomasochism nerd style. Sex really isn't relevant!!!

Recent forum gathering. See how happy they are!!!
Stranger-Things-Kids-EW.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have not seen evidence that would suggest that men have happier easier lives than women on average

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantasman

Just shows that, even sexually, men are invaders.

Phantasman

Some of us have risen above that.
For me it was touch & go for a while....I was
prepared to act illegally to avoid invading Viet Nam.
I hear ya. I enlisted in the Navy so I wasn't drafted into front line killings.

Testosterone= aggression. When wisdom is absent.

Jumi

Both have their downsides and upsides. I'm not jealous of women, I just think lots of countries neglect giving boys positive models in education or culture and fail to play to their strengths.