• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Privilege and Male Oppression

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
For those of you who insist that males have it so much better than females in society...

>>snip<<

Do I have a solution? Not necessarily, but perhaps all you woke feminists could start by not referring to all men as trash.

I don't know, but it's a popular hashtag among many of the Twitter feminists, including one popular Twitter feminist who said she doesn't care if innocent men's lives get ruined by false accusations of sexual harassment.

If you're point is that men in general are oppressed, then I would agree with you. But I wonder what your point is in raising the issue as a comparison to female oppression? Are you trying to argue that men are more oppressed than women and therefore man-hating women shouldn't hate men?

If so, do you think that argument is likely to change the minds or attitudes of many man-hating women?

Have you considered the possibility that the relatively few people who both hate men and self-identify as "feminists" of one sort or another might simply be relatively stupid people? Or suffering from some mental or emotional disorder? Or merely bigots? Surely you can see that, with well over a billion people on the internet today, some are bound to be jerks? How do you think your plea to treat men reasonably is going to sound to a jerk?

I know it can be annoying when some jerk says some outlandish or obnoxious thing, but is the remedy for that to think of, or to treat, the opinion of a jerk as somehow significant or important?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Males are 97% of combat fatalities.
Males pay 97% of alimony.
Males make 94% of work suicides.
Males make up 93% of work-related fatalities.
Males make up 81% of war deaths.
Males lose custody in 84% of divorces.
Males commit 80% of suicides.
Males account for 77% of homicide victims.
89% of males will be the victim of at least one violent crime.
Males are 165% more likely to be convicted than females.
Males get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crimes.

But how is any of that women's fault? Most of that is done by other males, or by their own choice.

Rational Agnostic

But how is any of that women's fault? Most of that is done by other males, or by their own choice.

I never said it was women's fault (I don't believe it is). I'm just critical of the general narrative that males are more "privileged" in American society than females. Sure, male privilege does exist, but so does female prvilege. Both genders experience privilege and oppression. I believe that society oppresses men more than it oppresses women, and I do agree that it is almost exclusively males who oppress other males.

Rational Agnostic

If you're point is that men in general are oppressed, then I would agree with you. But I wonder what your point is in raising the issue as a comparison to female oppression? Are you trying to argue that men are more oppressed than women and therefore man-hating women shouldn't hate men?

If so, do you think that argument is likely to change the minds or attitudes of many man-hating women?

I'm not only addressing misandrists, but also feminists and SJWs who subscribe to the general, fallacious idea that men's lives are easy, while women are severely oppressed. That narrative is more common than you think, and I know several people personally who subscribe to it. Will I change their minds? Probably not, but then again, I'd bet most people have never looked at statistics like this that illustrate the existence of male oppression.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm not only addressing misandrists, but also feminists and SJWs who subscribe to the general, fallacious idea that men's lives are easy, while women are severely oppressed. That narrative is more common than you think, and I know several people personally who subscribe to it. Will I change their minds? Probably not, but then again, I'd bet most people have never looked at statistics like this that illustrate the existence of male oppression.

Thanks for the clarification! Your position strikes me as more reasonable than I had at first thought. I can still see how such things as the stats you presented might be used by some to suggest that female oppression is of less or even little concern because "men have it worse".

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...I think that it's undeniable that woman owns a sort of sex power over men, which makes them obedient.

If you think of Francesca Chaouqui who decided to sleep with Monsignor Vallejo Balda in order to obtain all the documents that would have exposed the greatest financial scandal in the history of the Vatican, aka Vatileaks.

I can't stand those feminists who criticize the women who decide to use their own body to obtain things

I also can't stand those men who feel victimized for obeying women

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
For those of you who insist that males have it so much better than females in society, perhaps you should consider these statistics.

Take it from someone (me) who's lived as both. Even with all those downsides for men, it's still a **** ton easier than being female just in terms of how people's bias plays out. I remember when I first was presenting as female online and I learned firsthand that mansplaining was a real thing asI got a bunch of know-nothing computer networkers lecturing me about why I was wrong on audio engineering and acoustics. I wasn't just right though (it was about human perception of note lengths and tempo timing and that plays into latency issues), but they were horribly, horribly wrong on a very basic level. That was the eye opening moment for me. As a woman a lot less people have confidence in your competence and knowledge just as one example.

Everyone has problems, and w can actually point to a lot of those stats as also stemming from patriarchal values as men as unreasonably stoic or as expendable for the older and more powerful men. You might find more to agree with feminism than you think.

Not necessarily, but perhaps all you woke feminists could start by not referring to all men as trash.

The only men we feminists say are trash are the strawmen.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd be happy if I could go into a bar broke and leave drunk.

If you were a woman, getting drunk in a bar could be a very dangerous thing to do unless you had some good friends with you. There's a catch to most everything.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
The only real problem I have are the double standards women seem to nonchalantly toss around. Our bodies aren't objects, proceeds to use own body as object to get what she wants. Stuff like that.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The only real problem I have are the double standards women seem to nonchalantly toss around. Our bodies aren't objects, proceeds to use own body as object to get what she wants. Stuff like that.

True. Some people have double-standards, and nearly every human is a hypocrite in one way or another. But what percentage of women do that? Personal experience varies, but I have only known a very few women who genuinely use their bodies to gain favors while protesting that people treat them as objects.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
My Mum drove an ambulance in the Blitz, and a high % of fatalities were women.
It just depends where you look for your stats, mate.
My Mum would have been rude to you..... very rude.
Males pay 97% of alimony.
It probably made sense to stay in their jobs and keep earning, and since women are still not earning as much as men the judgements were p[robably quite reasonable.
Males make 94% of work suicides.
Well, as above, more blokes have had bloody jobs than women. And what the hell is a 'work suicide'?
Males make up 93% of work-related fatalities.
Soi these deaths weren't throwing themselves off buildings like above, but losing balance and falling off buildings...... how do we know which was which?
Males make up 81% of war deaths.
My Mum would have told you very rude things. She pulled so many women and kids out of the rubble.
Males lose custody in 84% of divorces.
No..... they give up custody 'cos they have good paying jobs.........
Males commit 80% of suicides.
Well at least the stat is better than the 'work suicides' one. Women might be better 'stayers' when things get bad? Women might hold on for their kids?

Not necessarily, but perhaps all you woke feminists could start by not referring to all men as trash.
Angry people can say silly things.
Ignored people can say stuff for more attention.

My Wife is a supporter of Women's Equality and she doesn't think all men are trash, just the ones that are trash. That's different.

Stop worrying about it all......... Some Left wingers think all right wingers are 'trash' and vice-versa, Tottenham supporters think Chelsea supporters are piggies, Yachtsmen think speed-boaters are morons...... it goes on.

Just worry about what you think......... :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Combat fatalities, likely true. War causalities, perhaps not. Civilians are by far the most likely people to die in any modern war. That's been true for at least the past 100 years. It's now often enough said, "The safest person in a war is a soldier."