• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone arrested in Minneapolis last night (5/29 and 5/30) were from outside the city or state

Terry Sampson

"Everyone arrested in Minneapolis last night (5/29 and 5/30) were from outside the city or state"

Do tell. Fascinating. My wife's asleep, but when she wakes I'll ask her to clarify something she said the other night regarding "an allegation"--whether it was hers or something she heard, I can't remember--to the effect that instigators of the physical "destructive" elements of the public protest were actually Minnesota cops. That part may well be part of a developing conspiracy theory, though. But confirmation of "outside" civilians merits investigation, IMO.

Wandering Monk

"Everyone arrested in Minneapolis last night (5/29 and 5/30) were from outside the city or state"

Do tell. Fascinating. My wife's asleep, but when she wakes I'll ask her to clarify something she said the other night regarding "an allegation"--whether it was hers or something she heard, I can't remember--to the effect that instigators of the physical "destructive" elements of the public protest were actually Minnesota cops. That part may well be part of a developing conspiracy theory, though. But confirmation of "outside" civilians merits investigation, IMO.

I think the same thing happened with Ferguson, that is, outsiders coming in and looting.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well that clinches it, then. We're just going to have to declare martial law and transport all the troublemakers and political dissidents to labor camps.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's the whole premise about these riots. Almost all riots and looting can be traced to people who are bussed in out of state.
1. Bussed in by whom?
2. Don't most demos, celebrations, conventions, &c draw in non-locals?

So your point is, what -- that a bunch of paid agitators were hired and bussed in to run rioot and discredit the movement?
...or that they were bussed in by the left just because liberals are anti-social, violent and evil?

exchemist

Veteran Member

Terry Sampson

So your point is, what
Lemme guess:
If outside agitators were bussed in, then:
  • Nobody can say the Russians were behind it;
  • Nobody can say Trump was behind it; and
  • Nobody can say Trumpeteers were behind it, because everybody knows that they provide their own transportation.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Wandering Monk

This does seem kind of weird. If they were out of state, then who were they and where did they come from? Were they just random people who saw it on the news and wanted to go to Minneapolis to check it out for themselves? Who would do that?

Last time we had violent protests in Minneapolis, I think we saw folks coming up from Chicago on the I-94.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Bussed in by whom?
2. Don't most demos, celebrations, conventions, &c draw in non-locals?

So your point is, what -- that a bunch of paid agitators were hired and bussed in to run rioot and discredit the movement?
...or that they were bussed in by the left just because liberals are anti-social, violent and evil?

I was wondering about that, too. Where would they get recruits to do this, and how can they manage to do it so quickly? And why would they have to come in from out of state anyway? Can't they hire enough homegrown locals to raise a ruckus?

If they're going to outsource for agitators, they might as well go all the way. They could hire people from overseas who might do the same job, yet cheaper.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is always the way it is...there are a lot of people who legitimately protest injustice of all kinds. They are often very angry, no doubt with what they consider to be good reason. And they are most often reasonably peaceful and reasonably clear about what it is they are trying to accomplish.

And then there are the "pros." The professional protesters who already own all the accoutrements -- masks, black clothing, etc. -- and who descend from wherever they are to wherever the legitimate grievance is. They are very often the ones responsible for the violence, for the looting and destruction. They usually don't have an agenda that aligns with what the original protest was about -- they are about anarchy, about destruction, about theft, about hatred, about almost everything EXCEPT justice and fair treatment of all.

Those people, I would most dearly love to see rounded up and encouraged to protest whatever they'd care to under armed guard while doing something useful like building roads or picking cotton.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This does seem kind of weird. If they were out of state, then who were they and where did they come from? Were they just random people who saw it on the news and wanted to go to Minneapolis to check it out for themselves? Who would do that?

Sometimes. It's like an adrenaline rush. Sports fans will travel long distances, and pay crazy prices to scalpers to see their team play an away game. So it's exciting for the type of person who has emotions feed on that sort of thing.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My understanding of this is this has been a growing threat against the U.S. by white supremacist and far left anarchists. They've been at this for the past 10 years, recruiting people to destabilize government, using Facebook without censure. There will be plenty more news about this I anticipate that will come to surface. I believe the F.B.I is well aware of them, as white supremacists have been tracked doing these sorts of activities, infiltrating police departments, and such. This is actually real stuff, not conspiracy theory nonsense, even though it sound that way.

Wandering Monk

KARE 11 Investigates: Records show arrests so far are mostly in-state

The data, taken from the Hennepin County Jail’s roster, shows that nearly all of the people arrested in likely connection to the riots live in Minneapolis or the metro area. The five cases from outside Minnesota were of people listed as living in Missouri, Florida, Arkansas, Michigan and Illinois.

Yeah, the mayor of St. Paul admitted that their information on this was wrong. 'I take responsiblity.' Words you will never hear from the White House.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

At least one St Paul cop has been identified smashing windows and spraypainting "free (stuff) inside" on a business. Whether he was acting alone or on orders is very much under debate, but the facts are hard to avoid. At least one cop was actively involved in precipitating the riot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, the mayor of St. Paul admitted that their information on this was wrong. 'I take responsiblity.' Words you will never hear from the White House.
It did seem awfully convenient that unnamed out of
town white supremacists were behind the violence.
We can expect news to be less than reliable until
the dust settles.

Terry Sampson

At least one St Paul cop has been identified smashing windows and spraypainting "free (stuff) inside" on a business. Whether he was acting alone or on orders is very much under debate, but the facts are hard to avoid. At least one cop was actively involved in precipitating the riot.
My wife confirms that she heard the allegation in a TV report. One cop is hardly a "murder of cops" (as in a "murder of crows") but it's still one cop too many, IMO.