• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electoral vote count and protest thread.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/06/dc-protests-trump-rally-live-updates/

They pushed past police barriers and by the standards of these protesters that almost certainly qualifies as "violent". Tear gas has been deployed.
Its clear from the link provided in the WP that the DC Mayor's office is waging psychological warfare on the protestors, not giving them enough places to pee.

"When you got to go, you got to go. But finding a spot to use the restroom on the Mall proved hard amid the protests." -- from the link provided

"'If you’ve ever watched a Trump rally,' they tend to be large, said one 50-year-old man who came in a group of six from Maryland. After about an hour, the man, who declined to give his name, was almost at the front of the line. 'And this one is pretty important,' he said." --also from the link provided

I always hate going to DC. Everything is freaking expensive, and you can never find a restroom when you're storming the halls of Congress, if you can even get there through all of the traffic. Simple bottles of water are expensive, and you can kiss your life savings goodbye if you don't bring a bag lunch.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Oooo....just saw these!
Hill Staffers Evacuate as Trump Supporters Clash with Police outside Capitol Building | National Review
https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1346901420147167232
The crazies are out in force, eh.
I blame Mrs Revolt's people.
They're the ones who came up with the curse...
"May you live in interesting times."

Did you ever think you'd see such a thing?
I am pretty tense at the moment because I remember trying to point out the dangers of Trumps rhetoric to people here. Every time it was the same stuff, you know? Dodging and flipping around because no one wanted to address the elephant in the room. Now we see the consequences of it live on the internet. It is frustrating because no one wanted to believe it and here we are. A direct and intentional attack on the physical and metaphorical democratic process.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Imagine storming a nation's capitol for a psychopathic narcissist who doesn't care at all about you and yours, only them and theirs. Imagine that being the thing you stand for. Of all the things, that.

All of history's dead authoritarian dictators are smirking in their graves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am pretty tense at the moment because I remember trying to point out the dangers of Trumps rhetoric to people here. Every time it was the same stuff, you know? Dodging and flipping around because no one wanted to address the elephant in the room. Now we see the consequences of it live on the internet. It is frustrating because no one wanted to believe it and here we are. A direct and intentional attack on the physical and metaphorical democratic process.
After 4 years in office, he morphed from a political unknown
to a President with a record. The rhetoric you loathe is part
of that record. This fueled my prediction that Biden would win.
If the election looked close, I'd have held my nose & voted for
Biden, but Trump's failing image allowed my vote for Jorgensen.

tytlyf

Not Religious
After 4 years in office, he morphed from a political unknown
to a President with a record. The rhetoric you loathe is part
of that record. This fueled my prediction that Biden would win.
If the election looked close, I'd have held my nose & voted for
Biden, but Trump's failing image allowed my vote for Jorgensen.
From Trump to Jorgensen. You know how to pick em!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Fair enough, speculation at best. I prefer the facts: Trump supporters are actively and violently challenging the democratic process.
I dont know what exactly the democratic process is anymore. Its been mutilated beyond recognition.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"By their fruits you shall know them" ~Jesus.
I was going to mention those verses, but you beat me to the punch. ;)
But now I am going to post the verses.

Matthew 7:15-20 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Fruits: the pleasant or successful result of work or actions: FRUIT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Unfortunately, the Trumpsters cannot tell the difference between a good fruit and a bad fruit. :rolleyes: