• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electoral vote count and protest thread.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ooh, a little bit of drama! On the vote for Georgia there was an objection. One asshat did not back down. I did not get the Representative's name but he announced his objection to Georgia's votes. When Pence asked him if it was signed by a Senator. The Representative admitted that after the events of this afternoon that the Senators that had signed it had removed their signatures. Pence told him "Sorry Charlie" and a round of applause burst out and the aforementioned asshat slunk off with his tail between his legs.

Currently 128 Biden 68 Trump.

Did he really say Sorry Charlie?

There were quite a few bumps in the road but they finally counted enough votes. Biden is President on January 20th at twelve noon Easter Standard Time.
Which states withdrew their objections, and which states had to debate the objections? I thought I saw that AZ, GA and MI (?) had to withdraw their objections due to lack of support from Senators who changed their minds in light of these events. But PA kept their objection and forced a vote to certify that state’s votes.

That’s if I understood correctly, which I may not have.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which states withdrew their objections, and which states had to debate the objections? I thought I saw that AZ, GA and MI (?) had to withdraw their objections due to lack of support from Senators who changed their minds in light of these events. But PA kept their objection and forced a vote to certify that state’s votes.

That’s if I understood correctly, which I may not have.
No, Arizona was objected to. And it did not need to be objected to by Senators or House Representatives from that state. Any Senator or any Representative could object to the votes from any state. They only need an objection form both a Senator and a Representative in writing. As I said, Arizona was objected to. The debate was ongoing when the rioters arrived. When they got back it was obvious that quite a few had changed their mind. Especially the Senators. Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin were all objected to by a Representative only. Pennsylvania still had an objection by both a Senator and a Representative. The Senate was in no mood to debate for two hours when Pennsylvania was objected to late last night . They called for almost an immediate vote and the objection failed 93 to 7. Or perhaps 92 to 7. Now that I think of it I am pretty sure that Kamala Harris did the classy thing and did not vote. Even though the objection has failed at that point they still had to wait for the two hour debate in the House.