• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electoral vote count and protest thread.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Only if you have time and can prove the lies.
The way we deal with him now is to get him the hell out of the White House.
The lies have already been proven. Over sixty and maybe seventy lawsuits have shown that there was no cheating. One thing one should know about evidence is that a lack of evidence can be evidence against a claim. The various claims of cheating were methods that would have left evidence. The lack of evidence of cheating tells us that no massive fraud occurred. All that can be found are cases of a few votes at the most. And they were still caught. Worst yet more of them supported Trump than Biden.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The cause of what?
Well I still say Democrats are involved with the vast majority compulsory policies and legislation including erosion of free speech and personal liberties as one example, but I know the primary reason is supposed to be over election fraud. The latter being true in the context of what people believe.

Let's just say in my opinion its a whole slew of things that has happened over the decades, none of them in itself but collectively, with the election issues, it was the straw that broke the camels back.

About half this country has had enough and the sentiment is shared by both sides.

Either it will get worse or common ground needs to be established.

Again, its my opinion.

Twilight Hue

The lies have already been proven. Over sixty and maybe seventy lawsuits have shown that there was no cheating. One thing one should know about evidence is that a lack of evidence can be evidence against a claim. The various claims of cheating were methods that would have left evidence. The lack of evidence of cheating tells us that no massive fraud occurred. All that can be found are cases of a few votes at the most. And they were still caught. Worst yet more of them supported Trump than Biden.
I myself think Biden won fair and square. However there are election issues that need addressing. I don't think anyone denies that.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
About half this country has had enough and the sentiment is shared by both sides.

Either it will get worse or common ground needs to be established.
I believe that common ground needs to be established and that will happen eventually, but I do not know how long that will take or if it will get worse before it gets better.

My opinions are based upon my religious beliefs. Baha'is believe that the old world order is dying and it will be replaced by a new world order, and that is what are seeing all over the world, especially in America.

“Beseech ye the one true God to grant that all men may be graciously assisted to fulfil that which is acceptable in Our sight. Soon will the present-day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead. Verily, thy Lord speaketh the truth, and is the Knower of things unseen.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 7

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your opinion is shaped by your media choices. Your media choices are lying to you. And for some odd reason you think it's everyone else lying.
A complete brain malfunction and swindle.
Wait a second . . . Are you implying that OAN is not reliable?

Twilight Hue

Your opinion is shaped by your media choices. Your media choices are lying to you. And for some odd reason you think it's everyone else lying.
A complete brain malfunction and swindle.
How do you know?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is your neck? I have not been out in days so I don't know what is going on out there!
I live in the state capital, and there are often protests here.

Tucson. There have been a few protests here and there, but it's generally pretty peaceful. Even during the summer riots, it was pretty tame here compared to the rest of the country. Not sure about Phoenix. It's a bigger city, but they don't have Sheriff Joe anymore. And the pro-Trump Republicans aren't liking Governor Ducey very much these days.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Tucson. There have been a few protests here and there, but it's generally pretty peaceful. Even during the summer riots, it was pretty tame here compared to the rest of the country. Not sure about Phoenix. It's a bigger city, but they don't have Sheriff Joe anymore. And the pro-Trump Republicans aren't liking Governor Ducey very much these days.
I lived in Tuscon for a while, when I was attending the U of AZ back in the 1970s. I live in WA state now, but I about an hour south of Seattle where most protests occur. Thankfully, WA state is mostly democrats.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I lived in Tuscon for a while, when I was attending the U of AZ back in the 1970s. I live in WA state now, but I about an hour south of Seattle where most protests occur. Thankfully, WA state is mostly democrats.

Arizona has been getting more purplish, although it varies from county to county. Arizona's electoral votes went to Biden, and both of our senators are Democrats. But our governor is Republican and the state legislature is controlled by Republicans.

The USA is in self destruct mode.

I wonder what will come out of the ruins.
Democratic Party control of the White House and both chambers of Congress.

The Democrats now effectively control the government and the Republican Party is divided.

So what will rise from the ashes? A phoenix. Thanks for making it possible, Donald! ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Senate just voted on the objection to Arizona. I missed a few but there were at least 90 votes against the objection. Just a smidge short of the 51 votes needed for the objection. I wonder how many of the 140 will vote "Yes" in the House.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Arizona has been getting more purplish, although it varies from county to county. Arizona's electoral votes went to Biden, and both of our senators are Democrats. But our governor is Republican and the state legislature is controlled by Republicans.
That is an interesting combination. The governor and the senators are Democratic here in WA although the state legislature is a mix.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And the count is back on after the surprising defeat of the objection to Arizona's electoral votes. At this point Colorado is voting. 75 Biden 18 Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ooh, a little bit of drama! On the vote for Georgia there was an objection. One asshat did not back down. I did not get the Representative's name but he announced his objection to Georgia's votes. When Pence asked him if it was signed by a Senator. The Representative admitted that after the events of this afternoon that the Senators that had signed it had removed their signatures. Pence told him "Sorry Charlie" and a round of applause burst out and the aforementioned asshat slunk off with his tail between his legs.

Currently 128 Biden 68 Trump.

Last edited: