• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland)

Select those you agree with:

• 01: I think it's good to disallow David Icke to speak

• 02: I think it's good to allow David Icke to speak

• 03: I am 'glad' they censor free speech more and more

• 04: I am 'sad' they censor free speech more and more

• 05: I don't like David Icke, but he should be able to share his beliefs

• 06: I do like David Icke, and he should be able to share his beliefs

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland to give a speech)

Big Brother is getting implemented more and more. Holland used to be democratic, but not allowing David Icke to come to Holland to give a speech is 1 step further towards censorship

What do you believe?
It's good to censor freedom of speech?
All humans are equal, but some are more equal than others?

exchemist

Veteran Member

Altfish

Veteran Member
Dutch Government censors David Icke (not allowed to come to Holland to give a speech)

Big Brother is getting implemented more and more. Holland used to be democratic, but not allowing David Icke to come to Holland to give a speech is 1 step further towards censorship

What do you believe?
I remember when he was a sports reporter.
But now he really is a nutjob and although I believe in free speech there becomes a point where it becomes inflammatory. There are likely to be protests then who should pay for the policing?
IIRC he is banned from Facebook and Twitter because of his controversial views on COVID, that was what he was supposed to be talking about in Holland. He has been accused of antisemitism and at one point denied the Holocaust.
He has/is been banned in Australia.

So, I wouldn't want him in my town but ban him? Not sure - perhaps the organisers should foot the policing bill.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I'm more interested in hearing about the rationale the government used in denying him entry to the country...the OP's implication is that it had to do with the topic of his presentation...but I'd like to see the evidence...

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

What do you believe?

You have to link to an actual government statement of why.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think Netherlands is synonym of freedom.
There should be freedom of listening to whomever one wants to listen to.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
David Icke: Conspiracy theorist banned from Netherlands

Icke is a daft covid conspiracy theorist who blames the virus on 5G masts...and the Jews. The Dutch take a dim view of antisemitism.

I see no reason why a country should admit a foreigner coming purely to spread dangerous falsehoods.

Ah, so they banned him from entering the country. They didn't "censor" him from speaking. He can still say whatever he likes. Now I see.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
thanks for the links and additional commentary...I think it's well within the prerogatives of a nation's government to decide to decline travel to a potential visitor...I do see a conflict with freedom of speech and expression, perhaps, he is also not a citizen of the country, so any such laws might not be applicable to him...

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

What do you believe?
Mate the Netherlands, like literally every country on earth, can decide who comes into their country for whatever reason they see fit. That’s not denying someone free speech lol

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For people who don't know who this guy is (I didn't either):

David Icke - Wikipedia
Excerpted....
Icke combines New Age philosophical discussion about the universe and consciousness with conspiracy theories about public figures being reptilian humanoids and paedophiles. He argues in favour of reincarnation; a collective consciousness that has intentionality; modal realism[17] (that other possible worlds exist alongside ours); and the so-called law of attraction[117] (that good and bad thoughts can attract experiences).[118][15]

In The Biggest Secret (1999), he introduced the idea that many prominent figures derive from the Anunnaki, a reptilian race from the Draco constellation.[119] In Human Race Get Off Your Knees: The Lion Sleeps No More (2012), he identified the Moon (and later Saturn) as the source of holographic experiences, broadcast by the reptiles, that humanity interprets as reality.[120][15]

Icke is an opponent of the scientific method, describing it as "bollocks" in 2013. When asked by The Sunday Times to explain the existence of television, he said "It's not that all science is bollocks," but rather "[t]he basis of the way science judges reality is bollocks."[121] He also thinks climate change is a hoax.[122]

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Excerpted....
Icke combines New Age philosophical discussion about the universe and consciousness with conspiracy theories about public figures being reptilian humanoids and paedophiles. He argues in favour of reincarnation; a collective consciousness that has intentionality; modal realism[17] (that other possible worlds exist alongside ours); and the so-called law of attraction[117] (that good and bad thoughts can attract experiences).[118][15]

In The Biggest Secret (1999), he introduced the idea that many prominent figures derive from the Anunnaki, a reptilian race from the Draco constellation.[119] In Human Race Get Off Your Knees: The Lion Sleeps No More (2012), he identified the Moon (and later Saturn) as the source of holographic experiences, broadcast by the reptiles, that humanity interprets as reality.[120][15]

Icke is an opponent of the scientific method, describing it as "bollocks" in 2013. When asked by The Sunday Times to explain the existence of television, he said "It's not that all science is bollocks," but rather "[t]he basis of the way science judges reality is bollocks."[121] He also thinks climate change is a hoax.[122]
Yes, I know a writer here who writes similar things, but about the Vatican.
The difference is that he is allowed to speak.

Last edited: