• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb Laws.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In Conorsville, Wisconsin, USA, it is illegal for a man to fire a gun while his wife is having an orgasm.
I nearly spewed Dr. Peper allover my monitor with an image of a shotgun being fired by a redneck when his wife orgasms, and a possible Foxworthy joke to go along with that.

In Burma it is illegal to get internet access. If a person is found in possession of a modem he can be imprisoned.
The citizens of RF need to challenge this. That way, people from Burma can come to this wonderful site, and become as addicted as we are.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'd love to read about the incidents that led to the passage of some of these laws!

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Why this peculiar preoccupation with shooting whales -- especially in landlocked states? :confused:

Dontcha know, whale hunting is more fun than turkey hunting, rabbit hunting, deer hunting, dove hunting, all put together!!!! And besides, who needs the ocean anyway? We have FRESHWATER whales here in Tennessee. Makes for some good country fixins', and goes great with fried tomatoes.:p

wicca_woman

831...J&J
its hard to believe that these are still on the books !!
and why exactly would a man want to shoot a gun at the same time as his wife is hitting the big "O" unless he is not the making her hollar !! lol

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I think my picture is up at all the Utah post offices now...... I need a new flight plan to New Mexico now. Thanks for the tip Katz!

It's illegal not to drink milk.

WANTED FOR ANTIMILK ATTITUDE:
Comet, male, 29, non-milk drinker,.

Birds have the right of way on all highways.

WANTED FOR HITTING A BIRD ON THE HIGHWAY:
Comet, male, 29, highway bird killer.

No sex is allowed in a moving ambulance during an emergency call.

I don't know how they found out about that!!!! My girlfriend was an EMT..... OH- that's when we hit that highway bird......

Violins may not be held inside a paper bag

Ahh, the great Logan bank robbery gone bad musical in 1985.....:areyoucra I believe Sandy Duncan and Kirk Cameron were in the movie remake......

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I think my picture is up at all the Utah post offices now...... I need a new flight plan to New Mexico now. Thanks for the tip Katz!

It's illegal not to drink milk.

WANTED FOR ANTIMILK ATTITUDE:
Comet, male, 29, non-milk drinker,.

Birds have the right of way on all highways.

WANTED FOR HITTING A BIRD ON THE HIGHWAY:
Comet, male, 29, highway bird killer.

No sex is allowed in a moving ambulance during an emergency call.

I don't know how they found out about that!!!! My girlfriend was an EMT..... OH- that's when we hit that highway bird......

Violins may not be held inside a paper bag

Ahh, the great Logan bank robbery gone bad musical in 1985.....:areyoucra I believe Sandy Duncan and Kirk Cameron were in the movie remake......

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Technically Princess Diana should have been burnt at the stake for having an affair with James Hewitt, that being an act of High Treason.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Luke Wolf said:
I though I would start this after reading the jogging law in Michigan.
What are some of the dumb laws in your state/nation?
In Indiana, it is illegal to:
Sell a cold soft drink in a liquor store.
Have oral or anal sex.

A male, if he is 18 or older, can be charged with statutory rape if he has a female passenger in his car, if she is 16 or younger, and both of her shoes and socks are off.

apart from having oral or anal sex, the others are really funny! :biglaugh:

why is oral and anal sex illegal? :areyoucra

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
and why exactly would a man want to shoot a gun at the same time as his wife is hitting the big "O" unless he is not the making her hollar !!
I guess to prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt, you are a bonofied redneck.

why is oral and anal sex illegal? :areyoucra
My guess would be anal is illegal to discriminate against gays, since Indiana is a very conservative state.
As for oral, I think it goes back to Indiana being conservative, and since oral is for nothing more than pleasure, it's viewed as being bad.
Myself, I'm guilty of this "crime" many times over.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]

An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public. [/FONT]
Is that still in effect? I would think it would be difficult to enforce.

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica] Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present. [/FONT]
So how does one contact the Governor to witness a duel to the death?

morris

There are some laws that really dumb or stupid. I have just found some laws on my state that are really dumb or useless. Some of these laws are.

1. Dogs may not bark after 6pm.
2. No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
3. It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.
4. It is considered an offense to shower naked.

You can also find some more stupid laws of this type from EList Mania.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Oh boy. I'm from the great southern state of Alabama. Prepare yourselves. Jeff Foxworthy, eat your heart out.

1. You can marry a family member. (Yeah, it's there. Section 30-1-3 of the state code.)
2. Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.
3. It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.
4. It is illegal in Lee county to sell peanuts after sundown on Wednesday.
5. Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
6. It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
7. Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.
8. Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
9. It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street as long as you have a lantern attached to the front of your car.
10. You must not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
11. Masks may not be worn in public.
12. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a motor vehicle.
13. Anniston-you can not wear blue jeans on Noble Street.
14. Auburn-men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, can still face up to five years in jail.
15. Courting couples can not hold hands while dining in a restaurant.
16. Elephants must not be placed in electric ovens.
17. It is a criminal offense to call a police officer '(vulgar form of crap) face'.
18. Jasper-it is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.
19. It is illegal to marry an animal that is not already a relation.
20. It is illegal to stab yourself to gain pity.
21. Mobile-it is unlawful to howl at ladies inside city limits.
22. Mobile-it is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp high heels.
23. Mobile-no one may use a 'funk ball' inside city limits.
24. Mobile-no person within the city may possess confetti.
25. The driver of a car may not be barefoot.
26. Brewton-use of motor boats prohibited on city streets.

Wow.

Edit: I found some more. Ready?

1. Decatur-slavery is still legal.
2. Fairfield-the game of crackaloo is illegal.
3. You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.
4. You only have five minutes to cast a vote.
5. Solitaire cannot be played on Sundays.

Last edited:

morris

The laws that you have mentioned, there is some sense there in it. so these are lagal. But i was actually talking about stupid laws. The laws that are valid by government, but there is no sense in those laws...

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Heh when I read Aristotle's Politics I saw that they had the same problem in antiquity. Aristotle writes about the absurd ancient laws which are still part of the legal system because no one bothered to take them off.
I thought about the irony of ancient thinkers discussing the absurdity of ancient laws. for example one ancient law that Aristotle was bringing up was that men could bring their own kinsmen to testify, and based on their testimony a man could be convicted.

Viker

Häxan
Kentucky general laws.

Throwing eggs at a public speaker could result in up to one year in prison. (Repealed, 1975)

One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.

It is illegal to fish with a bow and arrow. ( I have broken this a couple times, but with a cross bow so they can stick it )

A couple city laws:

Fort Thomas, Dogs may not molest cars.

Owensboro, One may not receive anal sex. ( nothing bout giving it )
A woman may not buy a hat without her husband’s permission.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
It's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License.

Lexington, By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground." ( Somebody please explain this to me )

Agathion

the Minister
I refuse to follow any law which is either: stupid, unjust, imposed by morality I consider stupid, or is simply an abomination against freedom. I do as I will and god help any collectivist fool who tries to force me to conform to their system. Sometimes the anarchists are right, Govt. should be punished every now and then to serve as an example to those in power as to what will happen to them if they don't rule according to the people's will. Death to all tyrants and fascist pigs!

Rev. Exordius

They can pass whatever laws they like, does not mean i will obey them or not seek to get around them. Laws like those posted above are both stupid and unfair and i will violate them whenever i so please, and if the govt. does not like it then too bad. Sorry fascists but you do not tell me what to do. Get lost!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
does not like it then too bad. Sorry fascists but you do not tell me what to do. Get lost!
Sorry, you, but most of the above laws probably aren't even enforced or known about except as jokes and when people are making specific statements about something.