• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dumb Laws.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I though I would start this after reading the jogging law in Michigan.
What are some of the dumb laws in your state/nation?
In Indiana, it is illegal to:
Sell a cold soft drink in a liquor store.
Have oral or anal sex.

A male, if he is 18 or older, can be charged with statutory rape if he has a female passenger in his car, if she is 16 or younger, and both of her shoes and socks are off.

Booko

Deviled Hen
[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Georgia Statewide Law[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.

Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.

You have the right to commit simple battery if provoked by "fighting" words.

No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.

It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.

Acworth

All citizens must own a rake.

Atlanta

Against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. (sorry Becky!)

One man may not be on another man's back.

Columbus

Can't cut off a chicken's head on Sunday. (whew!)

It is illegal to carry a chicken by it's feet down Broadway on Sunday.

Gainesville

Chicken must be eaten with the hands.

Jonesboro

It is illegal to say "Oh, Boy"

Kennesaw

Every head of household must possess a firearm of some kind.

Marietta

Though it is illegal to spit from a car or bus, citizens may spit from a truck.

St. Mary's

No spitting on the sidewalk is permitted after dark.

Quitman

Cars are not to drive on sidewalks.

It is illegal for a chicken to cross the road.

[/FONT]Hey!!! I resent that!!! :chicken:

My personal favorite in my county is that cats, when outside, must be kept in your yard or on a leash. :biglaugh:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Massachusetts has quite a few:

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Massachusetts Crazy Law[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,helvetica]Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.

Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.

Affiliation with the Communist party is illegal.

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

Bullets may not be used as currency.

Alcoholic drink specials are illegal.

Massachusetts liquor stores can only open on Sundays if they are in Berkshire, Essex, Franklin, Middlesex or Worcester counties and are within 10 miles of the Vermont or New Hampshire borders.

It's illegal to drive Texan, Mexican, Cherokee, or Indian cattle on a public road. (MGL Chapter 129 Section 35)

Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.

Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.

It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.

Public boxing matches are outlawed.

It is unlawful to injure a football goal post, doing so is punishable by a $200 fine.

It's illegal to keep a mule on the second floor of a building not in a city unless there are 2 exits. (MGL Chapter 272 section 86)

It's illegal to sell fewer than 24 ducklings at a time before May 1, or to sell rabbits, chicks, or ducklings that have been painted a different color. (MGL Chapter 272 Section 80D)

It's illegal to allow someone to use stilts while working on the construction of a building. (MGL Chapter 149 Section 129B)

Defacing a milk carton is punishable by a $10 fine.

It is illegal to frighten a pigeon.

An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.

All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday. (Repealed)

Tattooing and body piercing is illegal. (Repealed October 2000)

Quakers and witches are banned.

Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

It is illegal to reproach Jesus Christ or the holy ghost. (MGL Chapter 272 section 36)

Boston

No one may take a bath without a prescription.

It is illegal for any citizen to own more than three dogs.

An old law prohibits the taking of baths on Sunday.

Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present.

Women may not wear heels over 3 inches in length while on the common.

Anyone may let their sheep and cows graze in the public gardens/commons at any time except Sundays.

No more than two baths may be taken within the confines of the city.

No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears.

It is illegal to play the fiddle.

Two people may not kiss in front of a church.

It is illegal to eat peanuts in church.

Burlington

You may not walk around with a "drink".

Cambridge

It is illegal to shake carpets in the street, or to throw orange peels on the sidewalk (section 12.16.100).

It costs $50 extra for a permit for hurling, soccer or Gaelic football games in a public park on a Sunday. (section 12.20.030)

Hingham

You may not have colored lights on your house if it can be seen from Main Street. Only white lights may be visible.

If you live on Main Street and want to paint your house, the colors must be approved by the historical society.

Hopkinton

Though horses and cows are allowed on the common, dogs are prohibited.

Longmeadow

It is illegal for two men to carry a bathtub across the town green.

Marlboro

One may not detonate a nuclear device in the city.

Silly string is illegal in the city limits.

It is illegal for any citizen to own more than two dogs.

It is illegal to buy, sell or possess a squirt gun.

Milford

Peeping in the windows of automobiles is forbidden.

Newton

All families must be given a hog from the town's mayor.

North Andover

An ordinance prohibits the use of space guns.

Woburn

In bars, it is actually illegal to "walk around" with a beer in your hand. (Repealed)
[/FONT]

uu_sage

California "Dumb Laws"
Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
A regulation in San Francisco makes it unlawful to use used underwear to wipe off cars in a car wash.
Arcadia: Peacocks have the right of way to cross any street, including driveways.
Belvedere City Council order reads: "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."
Blythe: You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
Burlingame: It is illegal to spit, except on baseball diamonds; Carmel Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk. (Repealed when Clint Eastwood was mayor); Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
In 1838, the city of Los Angeles passed an ordinance requiring that a man obtain a license before serenading a woman.
Los Angeles courts it is illegal to cry on the witness stand.
Berkeley- you can't whistle for an escaped bird before 7 a.m.
you may not set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
In Los Angeles a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap. Consent should be given prior to the event, as is carefully stipulated.
In Los Angeles, you cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.
In Ventura County, cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit.
It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
It is a violation of the California Alcoholic Beverage Control Act for producers of alcohol beverages to list the names of retailers or restaurants that sell their products in advertising or even in newsletters.
Lompoc: It is illegal to posses, own or raise roosters. This is considered disturbing the peace.
Long Beach: Cars are the only item allowed in a garage; It is illegal to curse on a mini-golf course.
Los Angeles law forbids hunting moths under a street light.
Los Angeles: It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent; You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time; You may not hunt moths under a street light; It is illegal to cry on the witness stand; Toads may not be licked; It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church (Breaking this law is punishable by a fine of $500 and/or six months in prison); Zoot suits are prohibited.
No alcohol beverages can be displayed within five feet of a cash register of any store in California that sells both alcohol and motor fuel.
Oakland makes it illegal to grow a tree in front of your neighbor's window and block his view. However, you're off the hook if the tree is one that town officials consider an attractive tree, such as a redwood or box elder.
Pacific Grove: Molesting butterflies can result in a $500 fine.
Palm Springs: It is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive between the hours of four and six PM.
Pasadena: It is illegal for a secretary to be alone in a room with her boss.
Prunedale: Two bathtubs may not be installed in the same house.
Riverside: One may not carry a lunch down the street between 11 and 1 o'clock.
San Diego: It is illegal to shoot jackrabbits from the back of a streetcar.
The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.
San Francisco: Prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash; It is illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear; Persons classified as "ugly" may not walk down any street.
San Francisco bans any "mechanical device that reproduces obscene language."
San Francisco prohibits kerchoo powders and stink balls.
Santa Monica: You may not play percussion instruments on the beach.
Temecula: Ducks have the right of way to cross Rancho California St. at all times.
The Chico City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.
The city of San Francisco holds a copyright on the name "San Francisco." It is illegal to manufacture any item with the name without first getting permission from the city. Since the Supreme Court upheld the copyright, San Francisco has had an annual $300 million surplus every year.
The Santa Monica City Council recently proposed that men be allowed to use women's public restrooms when there's a line of three or more at the mens' room, and vice versa.
Women may not drive in a house coat.

klubbhead024

MICHIGAN DUMB LAWS:

Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.

There is a 3 cent bounty for each starling and 10 cent bounty for each crow killed in any village, township, or city in the state.

A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.

Cars may not be sold on Sunday.

No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.

Persons may not be drunk on trains.

Smoking while in bed is illegal.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
  1. In Hereford you can shoot a Welsh person all day on a Sunday, with a Longbow, in the Cathedral Close.
  2. It is legal for a male to urinate in public, as long it is on the rear wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.
  3. A bed may not be hung out of a window.
  4. It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance.
  5. It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises.
  6. Taxi drivers are required to ask all passengers if they have smallpox or the plague.
  7. Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI).
  8. Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
  9. Throughout the whole of England it is illegal to eat mince pies on the 25th of December.
  10. You can shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow in Chester, inside the city walls and after midnight.
http://www.jcpsolicitors.co.uk/12835.html

Booko

Deviled Hen
anders said:
I'm so happy to live in Sweden. To be on the safe side, I'll never journey to the States.

You should be able to safely visit us in Atlanta, Anders, as long as you fly directly here and leave your giraffe at home.

:giraffe:

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
It's illegal to dress up as a woman to gain entry to a women-only bathhouse.

It's illegal to make your wife work in the fields where there's a suitable animal available, and if none is, it's illegal to strap her to the plough such that she can't remove the restraints herself.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
There are many stupid laws, but here is a NEW one in Spokane:

The city is installine ONE, I repeat ONE, new stop light in town. It will have a FLASHING YELLOW TURN ARROW on it. The flashing yellow arrow is to tell people to yeild! ????:help:

I don't know about the parts of the States I haven't visited, but every where else I've been- YELLOW LIGHTS are taken as: "SPEED UP REALLY QUICK TO MAKE THE LIGHT!!!"

I can't wait to hear the first accident report at that intersection! Apparently the signs that say, "LEFT TURN YEILD ON GREEN" just aren't up to par at this ONE (I repeat ONE), intersection in town.

Nice to know my tax dollars are hard at work with a new law that nobody will understand.... and at work again for the emergency response teams to show up on the scene.

"Why are there four arrows on that stop light?"
"I don't know, but its yellow- PUNCH IT, there's traffic coming!!!!"

I just can't wait! ONE whole light in the hundreds of them around Spokane. I bet $50 that intersection has the most accidents next month..... then they'll take it down. Go tax dollars!!! :areyoucra

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Dumb laws in Tennessee:

1. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile. [/FONT]​
  2. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.[/FONT]​
  3. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is legal to gather and consume road kill (Yummy...)[/FONT]​
  4. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date. [/FONT]​
  5. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM. [/FONT]​
  6. Hollow logs may not be sold.

[*]In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it, waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians. (My personal favorite)
  7. Knoxville: In front of their buildings, all businesses must have a "hitching post."
    [*]Lenoir City: When you pull up to a stop sign you must fire a gun out the window to warn horse carriages that you are coming.
    [*]
    Lexington: No one may eat ice cream on the sidewalk. Spitting on the sidewalk is prohibited.​
  8. It is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.

Goodness, some of these laws make us look like rednecks!​

Booko

Deviled Hen
Comet said:
I don't know about the parts of the States I haven't visited, but every where else I've been- YELLOW LIGHTS are taken as: "SPEED UP REALLY QUICK TO MAKE THE LIGHT!!!"

Yeah, we call yellow lights "Step on de gas and GO!!!" Here in Atlanta, fresh red lights are treated the same. :eek:

I think Spokane would've done better considering a roundabout instead...that does sound really confusing.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Anade said:
Dumb laws in Tennessee:
  1. [FONT=tohama, tohama, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.[/FONT]​

Uh....Tennessee is *landlocked*??? :confused:

I think that's even worse than our giraffe law in Atlanta! At least we have giraffes at the zoo.

Booko

Deviled Hen
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]D.C.
• A D.C. federal judge has ruled that begging is a form of free speech protected by the Constitution. That means that mugging is free speech too, only more persuasive.
• In Washington D.C. it is illegal to post a notice in public which calls another person a 'coward' for refusing to accept a challenge to duel.
• It is unlawful for small boys to throw stones, at any time, at any place in the District of Columbia.
• The only acceptable sexual position in Washington D.C. is the missionary position. Any other sexual position is considered illegal.
• The U.S. government says it's a crime to give false weather reports.
[/FONT]

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
In Utah:

It's illegal not to drink milk.
It's illegal to fish from horseback.
It's illegal to detonate a nuclear weapon. (Duh)
Birds have the right of way on all highways.
No whale hunting is allowed.
No sex is allowed in a moving ambulance during an emergency call.
Biting is not allowed in boxing matches.
Catastrophies are not allowed.
Animal sex is allowed in Ogden, Utah for policemen.
Only one cow per person is allowed in Ogden, Utah.
Trombone concerts to advertise auctions are not allowed.
Violins may not be held inside a paper bag.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why this peculiar preoccupation with shooting whales -- especially in landlocked states? :confused:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Luke Wolf said:
I though I would start this after reading the jogging law in Michigan.
What are some of the dumb laws in your state/nation?
In Indiana, it is illegal to:
Sell a cold soft drink in a liquor store.
Have oral or anal sex.

A male, if he is 18 or older, can be charged with statutory rape if he has a female passenger in his car, if she is 16 or younger, and both of her shoes and socks are off.

In England (even though capital punishment was banned many years ago), there is still a law (somewhere amongst the cobwebs) that states that any person causing damage to shipyard building shall be hanged.

This is an old law (from the late 1700's which was imposed since most dockyard buildings were in use by the Navy) - destruction of any "military or naval" property was deemed to be akin to terrorism..................if only they had known...:rolleyes:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I found this list of "Dumb laws" world wide on:-http://www.morticom.com/truestoriesstupiditlaws.htm
1)
In Eureka, Nevada, USA, it is still illegal for men with moustaches to kiss women.
2)
In Alexandria, Minnesota, USA, it is still illegal for a man who has garlic, onions or sardines on his breath to have sex with his wife.
3)
In Logan County, Colorado, USA, it is still illegal to kiss a woman while she is asleep.
4)
In Providence, Rhode Island, USA, it is still illegal for shop owners to sell toothpaste and toothbrushes to the same customer on a Sunday.
5)
In Zion, Illinois, USA, it is still illegal to offer cigars to your pets.
6)
In St. Louis, Missouri, USA, it is still illegal for firemen to rescue women who are still in their nightdresses.
7)
In Ames, Iowa, USA, it is still illegal for men to have three sips of beer while they are in bed with their wives.
8)
In Maryland, USA, it is still illegal for radio stations to play Randy Newman's song 'Short people'.
9)
In Oklahoma, USA, it is still illegal to make faces at a dog, a crime that could result in a prison sentence.
10)
In Texas, USA, criminals are still required to give their victims at least 24 hours oral or written notice giving details of the crime they are about to commit.
11)
In Washington, USA, it is still an offence to pretend that you have rich parents.
12)
In Baltimore, Maryland, USA, it is still an offence to take a lion into a cinema.
13)
In Tremonton, Utah, USA, it is still an offence for a woman to have sexual intercourse with a man in an ambulance. She can be charged with a misdemeanour and have her name printed in the local paper.
14)
In Oxford, Ohio, USA, it is still illegal for a woman to undress in front of a picture of a man.
15)
In Miami, Florida, USA, it is still illegal for anyone to imitate an animal.
16)
In Afghanistan the Taliban militia banned women from wearing white socks just in case men find them attractive. The police are also ordered windows to be painted black to stop women being seen from the outside.
17)
In the USA impotence is grounds for divorce in 24 states.
18)
In Illinois, USA, it is against the law to give a lighted cigar to a pet.
19)
In Iowa, USA, it is against the law to kiss for more than five minutes.
20)
In International Falls, Minnesota, USA, it is against the law for a dog to chase a cat up a telegraph pole and dog owners can be fined for this.
21)
In Kentucky, USA, it is illegal to carry and ice cream cone in your pocket.
22)
In Louisiana, USA, if you bite someone with your own teeth it is classed as 'Simple assault' but if you bite someone with your dentures it is classed as 'aggravated assault.'
23)
In Massachusetts, USA, it is illegal for mourners to eat no more than three sandwiches at a wake.
24)
In Chico, California, USA, the law says that anybody who detonates a nuclear device within the city limits is liable to a fine of $500.
25)
In Lebanon any man may legally have sex with any animal just as long as it is a female.
26)
In Conorsville, Wisconsin, USA, it is illegal for a man to fire a gun while his wife is having an orgasm.
27)
In Tremonton, Utah, USA, it is illegal for a woman to have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance.
28)
In Oblong, Illinois, it is illegal to make love while fishing or hunting on your wedding day.
29)
In Bahrain it is illegal for a doctor to look directly at a woman's genitals while he is examining her although he is permitted to see their reflection in a mirror.
30)
In Ames, Iowa, USA, a husband may not take more than three gulps of beer while lying in bed with his wife.
31)
In Hastings, Nebraska, USA, the law says that hotel owners have to provide a clean white cotton nightshirt for each guest. Also no couples are allowed to have sex in the hotel unless they are wearing these nightshirts.
32)
In Willowdale, Oregon, USA, no man may curse while having sex with his wife.
33)
In Indonesia the punishment for masturbation is execution by decapitation.
34)
In Kingsville, Texas, USA, it is against the law for pigs to have sex on airport property.
35)
In Florida it is illegal to have sex with a porcupine.
36)
During World War I anyone found to be a homosexual in the French army was executed.
37)
Hundreds of years ago in Japan anyone who attempted to leave the country was instantly executed.
38)
The very first country to abolish capital punishment was Austria in 1787.
39)
In Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada, in 1917, it was illegal to tie a male horse next to a female horse.
40)
In the USA there is a lawsuit every 30 seconds.
41)
In San Diego, USA, hypnotism is banned by public schools.
42)
Although the USA has only 5 percent of the world population it has 70 percent of the worlds lawyers.
43)
Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
44)
In Paraguay duelling is legal just as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
45)
In Milan, Italy, there is still a law that requires citizens to smile at all times or risk a hefty fine. The only exceptions are visiting hospitals and funerals.
46)
In Switzerland every citizen is required by law to have access to a bomb shelter.
47)
In Burma it is illegal to get internet access. If a person is found in possession of a modem he can be imprisoned.
48)
In Bangladesh it is against the law for schoolchildren to cheat at school exams. Pupils as young as 15 can be imprisoned for this.​

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pt 2.
49)
Until 1984 Belgians were made to choose their children's names from a list of 1500 drawn up in the days of Napoleon.
50)
In Romania, in 1935, Mickey Mouse was banned because the authorities thought that the sight of a 10ft high rodent on screen would terrify the nation's children.
51)
Donald Duck comics were once banned in Finland because he never wore pants.
52)
Belgium is the only country that has never imposed censorship on adult films.
53)
Karate films were banned in Iraq in 1979.
54)
In Indiana, USA, during the 1950's, all Robin Hood films were banned because authorities thought that robbing the rich to give to the poor was an act of communism.
55)
In Iceland it was once against the law to own a pet dog.
56)
The bloodhound is the only animal in the world whose evidence is admissable in court.
57)
In New York City, USA, in 1978, a new law made it compulsory for dog owners to clean up after their pets. Before this there was an estimated 40 million poundweight of dog**** deposited on the streets every day.
58)
In Basle, Switzerland, in 1471, a cockerel was found guilty in a court of law for laying an egg "In defiance of natural law". The bird was then burnt at the stake as a "Devil in disguise".
59)
In Stelvio, Italy, in 1519, a court issued a warrant for the arrest of a gang of moles that had severely damaged crops. The moles were sumoned to court but when they failed to appear they were sentenced to exile.
60)
In South Bend, Indiana, USA, a monkey was once found guilty of smoking a cigarette.
61)
In the USA a dog was once sentenced to life imprisonment after it attacked and killed the Governor's pet cat. The dog ended up doing six years in jail.
62)
In Munster, in 1670, the courts banished a plague of fleas from the city, prohibiting them from returning for ten years.
63)
In Seville, Spain, in 1983, an alsatian dog was arrested for snatching handbags from shoppers.
64)
Judge J.H. Logan from California, USA, created the Loganberry fruit. He crossed a wild blackberry with a cultivated raspberry and came up with his own fruit.
65)
In ancient Sparta men were required by law to eat at least two pounds of meat every day. This was supposed to make them brave.
66)
In Turkey, during the 16th and 17th centuries, it was illegal to drink coffee and anyone caught doing so was sentenced to death.
67)
In Venice all gondolas have to be painted black unless they belong to a high ranking official.
68)
In England, in 1865, a law was passed stating that any self propelled carriage on an English highway had to have a crew of three, one of whom had to walk in front of the carriage with a red flag to warn horse drawn vehicles of it's approach.
69)
In Rome, 2,000 years ago, Julius Caesar banned chariots from the centre of Rome to ease congestion.
70)
In London, England, there is still a law that states London Taxi cabs must carry a bale of hay at all times.
71)
In Bermuda, up until 1948, all private cars were banned.
72)
At one time it was against the law to slam car doors in Switzerland.
73)
In Britain, in 1888, a law was passed which stated that every cyclist had to constantly ring the bell on his bicycle non-stop while the machine was moving.
74)
In Singapore it is illegal for a person to walk around the house naked and not flushing the toilet. Also a person can be executed if they are found in possession of more than 200g of cannabis resin.
Oral sex is banned unless it is used only during foreplay and if a person is caught littering the streets he is forced to make an appearance on TV with a bib around his neck saying "I'm a litterer."
75)
In Birmingham, England, it is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex on church steps after sundwon.
76)
In Iowa, USA, it is illegal for horses to eat fire hydrants.
77)
In Denmark it is not illegal for a convicted prisoner to escape from prison. If the escapee is caught he only serves the rest of his sentence.
It is illegal however to start your car without first checking to see if there are any children asleep underneath it!
78)
In Thailand it is illegal to step on a banknote, leave your house without wearing underwear and if you drop a piece of bubblegum on the pavement you can be fined $600.
Also all cinema goers must stand up during the National Anthem before a film starts.
79)
In Australia it is illegal to smoke cannabis in any part of the country except for Canberra.
In Victoria only a licensed electrician is allowed to change a lightbulb and it is forbidden to wear pink hot pants after mid-day on a Sunday!
80)
In Switzerland it is against the law for men to urinate standing up after 10pm which is the same time that it is illegal to flush the toilet!
81)
In Canada, by law, 1 out of every 5 songs on the radio must be sung by a Canadian and in British Columbia it is illegal to kill a Sasquatch or Bigfoot if one is ever found.
In Alberta a released convict is entitled to a gun and a horse to ride out of town on.
82)
In London, England, it is illegal to use a camera tripod, throw a stick for your dog or use an offensive powder like pepper on your jacket potato in any park.
Also wife beating is illegal just as long as it is not after 9pm and it doesn't disturb the neighbours.
It is also illegal to impersonate a Chelsea pensioner which once carried the death sentence in the 19th century.
83)
In the Lebanon men are allowed to have sex with any other animal just as long as it is a female. If a man is caught having sex with a male animal then the penalty is death.
84)
The Taliban once sacked 84 civil workers for trimming their beards! Maulawi Rafiullah Muazin, the Taliban's President of the Department for Promoting Virtue and Preventing Vice, said at the time, "Beards must be long enough to come out of a clenched fist held at the base of the chin. It does not matter who the person is - if he has trimmed his beard, we will dismiss him."
85)
Non-Christians have been banned from being within 20 metres of churches in Rovato, Italy. The move, instigated by the local government, has angered police because a major highway passes within 15 metres of one of the churches. Officers claim that they cannot be expected to stop motorists and demand to see a Baptism Certificate.
86)
North Carolina has a law to ban people from swearing in front of cadavers. The law also sets out guidelines transporting the recently deceased after one funeral firm was caught piling stiffs onto the back of a pick-up truck. It outlaws 'profanity, indecent or obscene language in the presence of a dead human body' making it technically illegal to say the 'f' word in front of a hearse!
87)
In Minnesota, USA, it is still against the law to hang male and female underwear together on the same washing line.
88)
In Indiana, USA, in the 1950's anything to do with Robin Hood was banned on the grounds that robbing from from the rich to give to the poor was a communist act!
89)
In olden times witches who were tried by the Bible were often declared innocent.
The accused witch and the Bible were weighed and if the witch weighed more than the Bible then she was released.
Not a good time to be suffering from anorexia we think!
90)
In England, in 1837, a law was passed that entitled a woman to bite off a man's nose if he kissed her against her will!
91)
The Egyptian government banned male belly-dancing in 1837 because of the enthusiastic riots that it caused.
92)
In Arizona, USA, it is illegal to hunt camels.
93)
In California, USA, in 1986, Judge Samuel King became so annoyed that jurors were absent from his court because of heavy rain that he issued a decree which stated "I hereby order that it cease raining by Tuesday."
Amazingly it stopped raining on Tuesday and California suffered a 5 year drought.
In 1991 the judge then decreed "Rain shall fall in California beginning February 27th."
Later that day California had the heaviest rainfall in ten years.
94)
In Alexandria, Minneapolis, USA, it is against the law for a man to make love to a woman with the smell of sardines on his breath.​