• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want everyone to believe in him?

Reflex

It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I don't know... What do you guys think?

I think that although I disagree with much in Conversations With God, "God" explains his imagined hiddeness pretty well.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Because God is glorified no matter what, no matter where we spend our eternity. God does reveal his goodness to us in our lives though. (Acts 14:16-17)

Act 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Act 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

The problem here is that those other nations also claimed to have God's word, -

and rain, fruit, and happiness, - don't need a God to exist.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
they will never able to see them directly in this world except via dream.

So if there is no proof - only dreams, etc., how are disbelievers CHOOSING to be disbelievers?

It would seem to me that - instead, - the believers are CHOOSING to believe, without any real proof.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The Christian Scriptures teach us that actions speak far, far louder than words. "For whatever you did to the least of these, my brothers, you did also to me..."

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So if there is no proof - only dreams, etc., how are disbelievers CHOOSING to be disbelievers?

It would seem to me that - instead, - the believers are CHOOSING to believe, without any real proof.

The proof is around us, but some see it and some prefer not to see it.

Scuba Pete

- the believers are CHOOSING to believe, without any real proof.
Just where is your evidence for this? "any real proof" indeed. What constitutes proof for me may not constitute it for you and vice versa. Too many people assume that just because they hold their conclusions to be 'self evident' that they are the penultimate in terms of logic and proof. Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Just because I believe differently, doesn't make me wrong. It's good to be a bit different.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The proof is around us, but some see it and some prefer not to see it.

But that is a just saying made up by people that believe in a God.

It has no correlation in the real world.

I might say the proof of fairies is all around us, but some see it and some prefer not to see it.

What I said does not make fairies true.

And to use words like - prefer - is way off the mark, as it implies that they actually see it, and Just choose not to acknowledge it, which is not actually the case.

Many of these were raised in religious households, and traditions. They came - through study of those religious texts, - to find that they are inaccurate, or have no real proof, - thus no reason to believe in a God.

Scuba Pete

Whom are you replying to?

We need the context, to answer you correctly.
O rly? I was actually replying to the OP. It's a novel concept whose time has come. What I wrote was not that hard to understand regardless of the context.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But that is a just saying made up by people that believe in a God.

It has no correlation in the real world.

I might say the proof of fairies is all around us, but some see it and some prefer not to see it.

What I said does not make fairies true.

And to use words like - prefer - is way off the mark, as it implies that they actually see it, and Just choose not to acknowledge it, which is not actually the case.

Many of these were raised in religious households, and traditions. They came - through study of those religious texts, - to find that they are inaccurate, or have no real proof, - thus no reason to believe in a God.

Believing in God and to be a good human being doesn't need to study one specific religion text book.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I don't know... What do you guys think?

If god revealed himself, what would you expect show up?

I know if we didn't believe god exist, why would we expect him to reveal himself unless we are curious if the claims are true? However, if someone gave me a claim that humans can fly oover in Africa and I wasn't interested in such a thing, why would I want this claim revealed as a fact to me unless it's a global crisis and people are flying everywhere or something. I dont know.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Just where is your evidence for this? "any real proof" indeed. What constitutes proof for me may not constitute it for you and vice versa. Too many people assume that just because they hold their conclusions to be 'self evident' that they are the penultimate in terms of logic and proof. Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Just because I believe differently, doesn't make me wrong. It's good to be a bit different.

You are welcome to believe in Gods, or fairies, if you wish to.

However, you have no real proof to convince people like me.

You also are ignoring that it was an answer to someone whom said -

"they choose to be disbelievers. even thought they see hell or heaven they still be disbelievers."

Where is his proof of this?

Scuba Pete

However, you have no real proof to convince people like me.
And you have no real proof to convince me otherwise. I don't think you understand the difference between conclusions, assumption, evidence and proof. Your personal conclusions are as un-evidenced as anyone else's. You can be as condescending as you like, but there's no intellectual superiority here for either case.