• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want everyone to believe in him?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Indeed, but what does that have to do with what we were discussing?

Proof of God.
Actually, the discussion at hand is the philosophical question about whether God wants everyone to believe in him/her. Trying to prove or disprove the super natural with the natural is a fool's errand. We are spirits in a material world. n'est pas?

Perhaps your fool's errand needs it's own thread?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Actually, the discussion at hand is the philosophical question about whether God wants everyone to believe in him/her. Trying to prove or disprove the super natural with the natural is a fool's errand. We are spirits in a material world. n'est pas?

Perhaps your fool's errand needs it's own thread?

Perhaps like so many others, - when they don't like someone's answer, - you should leave out such crap, and just rebut the rebuttal?

I was answering a specific person's post.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
So you want to be coy when someone calls you on your BS? Where is your proof that it is 'made up'?

Tis a fact, - live with it.

EDIT - There is no real proof of a God, - or intervention into the world by such. - Thus such statements are just made up by God believers, whom obviously believe such to be true.

Last edited:

Scuba Pete

Perhaps like so many others, - when they don't like someone's answer, - you should leave out such crap, and just rebut the rebuttal?
Indeed, you were taking him to task for replying to the OP, just as you questioned me for replying to the OP. I'm not sure why you are so bent on hijacking this thread, but that is what I don't like. No, your responses are not that well thought out, but it's you questioning people for being on topic that alarms me.

To that end, the discussion presupposes a certain belief in God. A non believer is certain to not care if God wants or does not want everyone to believe in him. You regard him as little else than a faerie, which is your right.

use_your_brain

But again - this is a religious person's idea of proof, - because they believe in a God that created All.

There is no proof of this, and obviously a lot of people don't believe it.

It is not a religious idea, but a logic idea. Everything needs the creator, the inventor or the generator. as well as the universe, something made it like we see today. and that thing is the deity. the creator.

A Vestigial Mote

God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I honestly cannot accept the actions/words/witness of others as proof of God working through them to reach out to me.

An analogy and question (of sorts) that I believe displays why I feel "witnessing" is an unacceptable form of communication: I am the father of 3 children, who I love dearly. What would you think of me if you were to find out that I make a concerted effort NOT to communicate with my children except through surrogates? That is - that I purposefully never allow them to even see me, and only "interact" with them by telling various people (even sometimes strangers!) to approach them and tell them what I feel they should be doing, or how they should be behaving at any given moment. Would you feel that I was parenting my children in an appropriate manner?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
And you have no real proof to convince me otherwise. I don't think you understand the difference between conclusions, assumption, evidence and proof. Your personal conclusions are as un-evidenced as anyone else's. You can be as condescending as you like, but there's no intellectual superiority here for either case.

1. I'm not being condescending.

2. I don't have to have proof of no-God, - as I am not trying to convince you that there isn't one!

3. Did you miss where I said you are free to believe what you want?

4. God believers are trying to convince me that God exists, and rain, personal beliefs, and religious books are somehow proof. They aren't.

Scuba Pete

Since you want to keep bandying proof about like a club, at least learn what it means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_(truth)

3852960.jpg

use_your_brain

1. I'm not being condescending.

2. I don't have to have proof of no-God, - as I am not trying to convince you that there isn't one!

3. Did you miss where I said you are free to believe what you want?

4. God believers are trying to convince me that God exists, and rain, personal beliefs, and religious books are somehow proof. They aren't.

then who created the universe?

Scuba Pete

what would you think of me if you were to find out that I make a concerted effort NOT to communicate with my children except through surrogates?
I often sent out one of my kids to tell my other kid to come home. That didn't mean I didn't talk to them once they got there. It was nigh on to impossible until that point.