• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want everyone to believe in him?

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I don't know... What do you guys think?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I don't think there is any god to reveal itself . . . we make this stuff up for various reasons, some people are delusional.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I don't know... What do you guys think?
I think you are right.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Perennial philosophy is the understanding that all the world's 'RHP' religions share a single, universal doctrine. This doctrine posits that the highest good that human life can achieve is through the union with a Supreme Being / Energy of the Universe. The way in which this is achieved is through what many western left hand paths recognize as a deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being.

RedDragon94

I am open to it, but I haven't seen any evidence for any gods in the way most religious people believe them to exist.
It's possible that God is working around you and you just don't realize it. (Job 23:13, Ecclesiastes 3:11) There isn't always a whole lot of evidence for God when you look at events in our lives because we don't know what they lead up to.
Perennial philosophy is the understanding that all the world's 'RHP' religions share a single, universal doctrine. This doctrine posits that the highest good that human life can achieve is through the union with a Supreme Being / Energy of the Universe. The way in which this is achieved is through what many western left hand paths recognize as a deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being.
Because that supreme being doesn't care? [Edit] Or because he hates us fr some reason?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
It's possible that God is working around you and you just don't realize it. (Job 23:13, Ecclesiastes 3:11) There isn't always a whole lot of evidence for God when you look at events in our lives because we don't know what they lead up to.
Can't argue there . . . but why do you suppose this God would have abandoned a child born a Christian?

Because that supreme being doesn't care? [Edit] Or because he hates us fr some reason?
He hates me? :( What did I ever do to Him?

RedDragon94

Apparently not.
I mean, if god did want everyone to believe it exists, why not merely show up and set the record straight?
This is where the glory of God comes into play. God is just as glorified in our not knowing him as he is in our knowing him. But, human will and God's are compatible so that means we want what we want and it falls in line with God's plan.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What do you guys think?
The concept of 'God revealing Himself' is a vague and subjective one to me.

As a pantheist non-dualist (God and creation are not-two) I think God is the core of all of us. The question of belief in a external separate God is not that essential. The essential is getting to the core of our being through higher minded thoughts and actions.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
This is where the glory of God comes into play. God is just as glorified in our not knowing him as he is in our knowing him. But, human will and God's are compatible so that means we want what we want and it falls in line with God's plan.
how is that not just a bunch of double speak?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
How did he abandon him or her?
Well 'he' would be me and since I never heard from the Almighty and am no longer of the Christian faith, I would wonder what kind of a shepherd this dude is?

No, I was asking you if that's what you think :).
Being that I don't believe in said 'god' why would I think 'He' hates me?