• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does God want everyone to believe in him?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Because God is glorified no matter what, no matter where we spend our eternity. God does reveal his goodness to us in our lives though. (Acts 14:16-17)
As I said, it sounds like a bunch of double speak to me.
Please note, quoting the bible does not make it any less double speak

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
‑from the Gospels of Nag Hammadi: Testimonial of Truth (3:4‑5)
"the God whom most Christians worship, the God of the Hebrew Bible, is 'himself' one of the fallen angels, from whose tyranny Christ came to set human beings free.
"It reveals truth only when one reads it in reverse, recognizing that God is actually the villain, and the Serpent the holy one"

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Well 'he' would be me and since I never heard from the Almighty and am no longer of the Christian faith, I would wonder what kind of a shepherd this dude is?
Who told you that God still speaks to us apart from his revealed word (i.e. the Bible)? (I realize God answers prayer as well, but he could've told you yes, no, or wait. And we're not very patient as human beings.)

RedDragon94

‑from the Gospels of Nag Hammadi: Testimonial of Truth (3:4‑5)
"the God whom most Christians worship, the God of the Hebrew Bible, is 'himself' one of the fallen angels, from whose tyranny Christ came to set human beings free.
"It reveals truth only when one reads it in reverse, recognizing that God is actually the villain, and the Serpent the holy one"
Where did the writer of this receive this revelation?

RedDragon94

The concept of 'God revealing Himself' is a vague and subjective one to me.

As a pantheist non-dualist (God and creation are not-two) I think God is the core of all of us. The question of belief in a external separate God is not that essential. The essential is getting to the core of our being through higher minded thoughts and actions.
I have one question. In your view is God perfect?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

I don't know... What do you guys think?

I don't believe in God for the same exact reason God dosent believe in God.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
It would make sense why certain people never come around to believing in God in this case then. The reason why people never believe in God is simply because he never reveals himself to them, as a result they have no choice but to disbelieve. God could reveal himself to them through people around them but he doesn't. This is partially God's fault and partially the fault of those who claim to be God's servants.

Peace be on you.
God has made an inner compass in human about having feeling about God....This feeling intensifies at some occasions.
If people keep suppressing this feeling, it gets covers upon covers.
So people are responsible of forgetting God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

It is perhaps conceivable that there might be a God who wants people to believe in his existence.

It is certain that such is not the case for everyone.

I don't know that there is a fault of any kind involved, though. Other than some people assuming that we must be convinced to believe just because, that is.

RedDragon94

Peace be on you.
God has made an inner compass in human about having feeling about God....This feeling intensifies at some occasions.
If people keep suppressing this feeling, it gets covers upon covers.
So people are responsible of forgetting God.
That may have been true at one point in human history but because of Adam and Eve's sin we as human beings have no clue in regard to how to be in a relationship with God without the initial work of grace.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I think that if God revealed himself to everyone then everyone would believe, instead because of our sinful minds we cannot see any reason to believe in God.

What do you mean by revealing himself to us? God only wants the good souls and those who want to repent,
God said that he sent the messengers as warners and as mercy of him.