• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism provide peace of mind to its adherents?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Nobody could quote a claim from Atheism to start with that provide peace of mind to its adherents. Did one? Please
It is only Quran/Islam that provides both claims and reasons/brilliant-signs on every important issues to relating ethical,moral and spiritual issues of human life.

Regards

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If my primary goal in deciding what is or is not true were peace of mind, I would by now believe all sorts of silly things, such as that American-style capitalism provides the best chances for financial success of any system, or that I dance like Fred Astaire.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Nobody could quote a claim from Atheism to start with that provide peace of mind to its adherents.

Perhaps that is because atheism makes no claims one way or the other about peace of mind. It is instead a truth-claim about deity. To judge it as a claim about peace of mind is to indulge oneself in irrelevancy.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If yes kindly provide both the claim from Atheism in this connection and the evidence that it instils peace in a person.
If it does not have a claim and or evidence then it is a failed world-view for humans . Please
Regards
Just because something doesn't give someone "peace of mind", doesn't mean that it is a false or failed world-view. From what I understand about atheism, it is merely after what is actually the case. Peace of mind, comfort, etc. don't really have an importance at all.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Just because something doesn't give someone "peace of mind", doesn't mean that it is a false or failed world-view. From what I understand about atheism, it is merely after what is actually the case. Peace of mind, comfort, etc. don't really have an importance at all.

Well, there are the perks atheists get, like barbecued babies.

Aquitaine

Some religions teachs good moral values , for exemple : Don't steal, don't abuse, don't lie, don't do any bad thing to others, help the others , help poor people , visit your family ...etc

How Athiests deal with good and bad deeds toward the others ?
Are you seriously telling me that you need a book and threats of Hell to prevent you stealing, murdering and raping etc?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Are you seriously telling me that you need a book and threats of Hell to prevent you stealing, murdering and raping etc?
so there is human "book" which is laws and place called "jails ."

Yerda

Veteran Member

Nobody could quote a claim from Atheism to start with that provide peace of mind to its adherents. Did one? Please
It is only Quran/Islam that provides both claims and reasons/brilliant-signs on every important issues to relating ethical,moral and spiritual issues of human life.

Regards
Mate, you're not playing the game. You asked a question, several people responded, and then you ignored them and stated your opinion (which we kind of already knew). We get nowhere with that approach.

Atheism doesn't provide me with any real peace of mind. I don't really expect it to - but insofar as I feel that there is no good reason to believe there are any deities I am comfortable with concluding and admitting I don't believe. That's about as far as you get with atheism. The realisation that many of the commands found in the holy books are superstition is also is somewhat reassuring though.

What do you think about that?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There is a lot more than that, actually. Empathy, instinct, rational realization of the need for mutual protection and cooperation.

All of those exist independently and even before the idea of a God that one could perhaps have reason to fear.

Aquitaine

And? Doesn't that show that one doesn't need a religious book?
Even if (for example) rape was legal, I still wouldn't do it.
We get our values from empathy, understanding, the golden rule etc. just referring all of your ethics from some holy book is not only lazy, but dangerous (ie killing of apostates/homosexuals).

Parsimony

If yes kindly provide both the claim from Atheism in this connection and the evidence that it instils peace in a person.
If it does not have a claim and or evidence then it is a failed world-view for humans . Please
Regards
This is a red herring.The way that someone's worldview affects them (or doesn't affect them) has no impact on whether their worldview is correct or not. I've already told you that once. I wonder why you ignored it.

Last edited:

cambridge79

Regards

atheism is about the search of thruth not the search of peace. Some may find peace in the process some may not, that's not the point of being an atheist.
It's like asking "does reading books make you lose weight?"

Last edited: