• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism provide peace of mind to its adherents?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And you don't have any positive evidence for theism. If you want me to become a theist you have to provide evidence that show beyond a reasonable doubt that one or more gods exist. Otherwise I'll remain an atheist.
That in noway harms me. I don't have to convert one to my religion. How it helps us or any of the religions if you don't remain an Atheist? Please
If truth has brought one in Atheism, then give evidence of that truth one found in Atheism.
Regards

Parsimony

Well, the Atheism people think that they are doing a great service to humanity by joining Atheism without an evidence.
Regards
I'm curious, have you yet asked any atheists why they are atheists? If so, how many of them have said "it's because I have evidence there is no God" compared to "it's because I don't see sufficient evidence to point to the existence of God"?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I'm curious, have you yet asked any atheists why they are atheists? If so, how many of them have said "it's because I have evidence there is no God" compared to "it's because I don't see sufficient evidence to point to the existence of God"?

Now that you have asked the questions, they are free to reply if they have sufficient or insufficient evidence or none.
Regards

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This has been stated many, many times throughout the thread. It just gets ignored.

serp777

I don't believe in Zeus, so one may continue waiting, please or stop waiting if you so please.
Regards
Holy heck, you just dodged the question so hard its ridiculous. Whether or not you believe in Zeus or not is irrelevant. You've made the argument several times asking atheists for positive proof that God does not exist, and yet when the question is inconvenient you just say "oh i don't believe". How freaking convenient lol. Now your same logic is being applied to Zeus and suddenly you just use your cheap cop out argument? Come on, give me a break; be real, get serious. What if an atheist applied the logic in your post when you asked atheists to provide evidence showing that God does not exist? If they just said that they didn't believe in God and thus invalidated your argument? Do you not see this massive, gigantic, enormous double standard and fallacious thinking?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't believe in Zeus, so one may continue waiting, please or stop waiting if you so please.
Regards
You don't believe in Zeus, in the same way I don't believe in the god you worship. Yet you want positive evidence from me, for my non-belief in the god you worship but can't provide any positive evidence for your non-belief in Zeus. What you are asking for doesn't make any sense.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

It can. I'm sure many atheists have peace of mind. I don't know that atheism provides it, but feeling you have accepted the truth can provide it.

Milton Platt

Nobody could quote a claim from Atheism to start with that provide peace of mind to its adherents. Did one? Please
It is only Quran/Islam that provides both claims and reasons/brilliant-signs on every important issues to relating ethical,moral and spiritual issues of human life.

Regards
Whether it brings peace to a particular individual or not is a personal thing. For some, maybe not, for me, yes, because I don't have to fret over whether I am pleasing some invisible entity or other. Atheism is a lack of belief in any gods. Atheism has no other "claims". Ask the people in Iraq, or Syria, or Afghanistan How much peace Islam has brought them.

serp777

Also this thread topic is a bit ridiculous. The idea that the lack of a belief in one thing would bring peace of mind is absurd. Does it bring you peace of mind to know that santa clause or leprechauns do not exist? Come on, this thread topic is quite foolish.

SpeaksForTheTrees

If yes kindly provide both the claim from Atheism in this connection and the evidence that it instils peace in a person.
If it does not have a claim and or evidence then it is a failed world-view for humans . Please
Regards
We have Sheeple and we have Shepard's , the majority once believed the world was flat .
To be honest the thought of a an eternity of witness does not instil much peace in my heart.