• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do We Really Need This Kind of Bigotry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CynthiaCypher

Oh, calm down.
All believers must face the reality that others will find fault with some aspects of the faith/culture.
After all, you've little respect for me & my loony beliefs, & you've no hesitation in stating it (again
& again). But you want all of yours held sacred by those who disagree? It ain't happening.

I have to fruball that.

dantech

If your race/culture/religion will dissapear unless isolated, it isn't fit to survive anyway.

Do you realize what you're saying? Any race/culture/religion will disappear if it isn't isolated. The ones that have lesser members (such as Judaism) will only disappear faster.
Being against intermarriage is our way of making sure it doesn't. It is what has helped us survive until today, and what will help us survive tomorrow. Judaism's "fitness" for survival is in fact trying to minimize assimilation.

CynthiaCypher

Do you realize what you're saying? Any race/culture/religion will disappear if it isn't isolated. The ones that have lesser members (such as Judaism) will only disappear faster.
Being against intermarriage is our way of making sure it doesn't. It is what has helped us survive until today, and what will help us survive tomorrow. Judaism's "fitness" for survival is in fact trying to minimize assimilation.

I used to monitor a very famous white supremacist forum that shall remain nameless (name had to do with the weather). And it was the belief of many of them that white people shouldn't intermarry because if they did the entire white race would be jeopardized and would disappear. How is this different from them?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I used to monitor a very famous white supremacist forum that shall remain nameless (name had to do with the weather). And it was the belief of many of them that white people shouldn't intermarry because if they did the entire white race would be jeopardized and would disappear. How is this different from them?

You are correlating White Supremacy with Jewish preferences on marriage ? Really ?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I don't have a problem with Levite wanting to maintain a close-knit tradition. He hates to see his group's historic traditions watered down to near meaninglessness.

He's not against anyone else and is not a bigot in my view.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't have a problem with Levite wanting to maintain a close-knit tradition. He hates to see his group's historic traditions watered down to near meaninglessness.
He's not against anyone else and is not a bigot in my view.
Aye, I agree....even though it might seem to contradict my posts.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I am asking how is Jewish anti-miscegenation different from White anti-miscegenation?

I'd hardly characterize Jewish preferences on marrying other Jews as anti-miscegenation. An Ashkenazi marrying a Sephardic would still be miscegenation, as per the logic of the term itself. But it still would be a Jewish person marrying another Jewish person. Anti-miscegenation sported by White supremacists, on the other hand, rests solely on one basis: no one is good enough to breed with those of White European heritage. In other words, these are completely two radically different things. To make such a correlation is careless in nature.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I am asking how is Jewish anti-miscegenation different from White anti-miscegenation?

It's the same.

I posted a link that says that 71% of non-Conservative and Orthodox Jews intermarry.

Many of the Jews in this forum are extremists.

A Staff told me that he thinks my views are not mainstream Jewish. As a reform Jew, my views are much more mainstream than the Conservative and Orthodox posters.

Flankerl

Wow. So now we are like the people on stormfront.

What are we even supposed to answer to this?

It's the same.

I posted a link that says that 71% of non-Conservative and Orthodox Jews intermarry.

Many of the Jews in this forum are extremists.

A Staff told me that he thinks my views are not mainstream Jewish. As a reform Jew, my views are much more mainstream than the Conservative and Orthodox posters.

Yeah and all these wonderful reform marriages spawn many Jewish kids to continue their own culture.

Oh wait thats not happening. But you have never seen a problem with that. You'd probably applause if you were the last Jew on earth.

And of course everyone except you is an extremist. Thats the funny thing with extremists, they always think that everyone else is one. Well except of course...

Reactions: MD

Wirey

Fartist

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. It sounds fairly familiar, but the last time I heard it it was being spoken in German and they pronounced 'Jew' as 'Aryan'. This isolationist point of view is just disguised bigotry. Gotta keep out those impurities, huh?

I thought Judaism was a belief system. So the Nazi's were right when they spoke of 'Jewish blood'?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I thought Judaism was a belief system. So the Nazi's were right when they spoke of 'Jewish blood'?

Jews and Judaism is BOTH a religion and an ethnic group.

I think the Nazi's were right when they spoke of Jewish blood (genetics). They were wrong in labeling that a bad thing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.