• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do atheist's believe in psychic abilities?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Do atheist's believe in psychic abilities?
You could say I believe in it for a few hours when im suspending my disbelief as Im reading a good mystery, fantasy, or sci fi novel.

Last edited:

Lilbeth

free thinker
I don't know. I would like to....The romantic in me really wants to! I think there is much we don't understand....maybe the so called ghosts are shadows or something from parallel universes.......I do know......I can think of something and someone will say it........same wave lengths and things?....I don't know too much about it all to really know.....but experiences do make me wonder, sometimes.......

Midnight Pete

I don't know. I would like to....The romantic in me really wants to! I think there is much we don't understand....maybe the so called ghosts are shadows or something from parallel universes.......I do know......I can think of something and someone will say it........same wave lengths and things?....I don't know too much about it all to really know.....but experiences do make me wonder, sometimes.......

I am glad that you wonder. :)

blackout

Violet.
The branches of ESPs would reak HAVOK on our (current) world system
if they evolved/developed in the mainstream
to any level of "mundane" proficiency.
(ie success in normal daily life)

I wonder how many people would not be too keen on this.
At all.

It would be much harder to control people,
and also much harder to keep things hidden.

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Why? Do ALL athiests demand that things be empirically demonstrated?

Is that some sort of athiestic doctrine?
No, it's skepticism.

Skepticism often goes hand-in-hand with atheism. There's a fair bit of debate in the skeptic community about whether atheism is a necessary result of skepticism, but either way, there's a very high degree of correlation between skepticism and atheism... even though the terms do describe different things.

Ubjon

Atheists don't believe in God. That doesn't prevent them from believing in other things that aren't God related. People are atheists for many reasons and not all get there because of skepticism.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Nope. Like religion it's a scam to me. I don't believe in Fung Shei, Chi, Crystals or any other "energy" crap either.